In case the Eufy doorbell not detecting motion, we’ve identified the best way for you to fix the problem.
See, the motion-detecting feature of your Eufy doorbell camera has a feature that enables and disables the skill.
If left disabled, the motion-detecting feature of your camera will not work. Besides that, there are other factors and we’re going to review all of them in this guide.
If your Eufy doorbell isn’t picking up any motion, the battery of the device could be worn-out. If the doorbell is disconnected from the WiFi, it will also not pick up any motions. The notifications could be disabled or the motion sensitivity settings are inappropriate.
There are many causes of the following problem. In the list coming up in our guide, we’ve covered all of the possible issues that are occurring with your Eufy doorbell camera.
This will help to troubleshoot easier for you.
Here are the possible issues occurring with your Eufy doorbell camera:
1. Worn-Out Battery
Your Eufy doorbell camera’s battery might have gotten worn out and it needs to be charged for the camera to start detecting motion again.
2. No Internet
Your doorbell has to be connected to a WiFi network for you to receive notifications and detect motion in general.
3. Disabled Notifications
The Eufy doorbell camera may be detecting motion, but you won’t be notified if the alert messages are disabled in the Eufy app’s settings.
4. Inappropriate Motion Sensitivity
You can moderate the motion sensitivity to solve issues with the camera’s motion detecting.
5. Motion Detection Is Disabled
There’s a feature that turns the motion-detecting on/off in the Eufy application of your doorbell.
Those were all of the possible issues that could be occurring with your Eufy doorbell camera. Keep reading to learn how to tackle each of them and solve the problem in no time!
Follow our solutions consecutively to make sure that you’re troubleshooting the Eufy doorbell’s motion detection capabilities correctly.
Additionally, test the motion-detecting feature after each of the solutions coming up in our guide.
Here’s how to fix the motion-detection of your Eufy doorbell camera in easy solutions:
What you should first do is make sure that the motion-detecting feature is enabled.
There’s a specific setting that toggles the skill of your doorbell to detect motion and therefore notify you whenever an event of motion detection is taking place.
Here’s how to enable the motion detection feature of your Eufy doorbell easily:
- On your smartphone, open the Eufy application.
- Go to the Devices tab and click on your doorbell’s icon.
- Tap the Camera Settings button and then choose Motion Detection.
- Switch the motion detection to the ON side.
Note: The motion detection slider must be in green, which indicates that the feature is activated.
Chances are that your camera is left uncharged and this is the reason why the motion-detecting feature is not functional.
In this solution, you should charge your camera’s battery and check if your device is going to start picking up motion events.
Here’s how to charge your Eufy doorbell camera’s battery in easy steps:
- Go over to your doorbell and take it off the wall stand using the pinhole.
- Push the slider to expose the USB charging port.
- Connect your camera to the charger.
- Let the device charge for around 1-2 hours.
Note: Based on your Eufy doorbell camera’s type, charging may take up to 3-4 hours.
If you haven’t enabled the motion-detecting notifications in the Eufy app, your doorbell won’t let you know whenever a certain event is taking place.
In other words, your camera may be detecting motion, but you won’t know whenever the event happened.
Here’s how to toggle the motion-detecting notifications in the Eufy app:
- In the Eufy application, go to the Settings tab.
- Select your Eufy doorbell from the devices list.
- From there, go to Security and tap on Home/Away settings.
- Open the Video Record & Push Notifications tab.
- Enable both of these features.
Note: You will now be notified whenever your doorbell starts a video recording.
If your Eufy doorbell isn’t connected to the internet, you will find that the motion-detecting feature will be temporarily disabled.
In that regard, you should reconnect the doorbell camera to the WiFi to resume the motion detection.
Here’s how to connect your doorbell to the internet:
- Open the Eufy app.
- Click on your doorbell from the devices tab.
- Tap on “Wi-Fi” and choose “Disconnect”.
- You will want to press the Sync button on the camera for 2 seconds.
- A prompt in your Eufy app will appear.
- This prompt will let you connect the camera to the internet.
Note: Eufy doorbells are only compatible with 2.4GHz WiFi networks.
There’s a setting within the Eufy app that will let you adjust the motion sensitivity of the doorbell.
If set too low, your camera will hardly catch any movement and enable the motion tracking event.
Here’s how to adjust the motion sensitivity of your Eufy doorbell:
- Open the Eufy app.
- In the devices tab, select your camera.
- Go to Camera Settings > Motion Detection > Sensor Sensitivity.
- Choose a sensitivity value between 30 and 95 which are the best recommendations.
Note: Don’t overdo the sensitivity, because your doorbell camera will start detecting every single minor and insignificant movement.
If nothing worked so far, we recommend a factory reset of the Eufy doorbell to solve the problem.
This will erase all software configurations of your camera and solve the problem if it’s related to a corrupted OS.
Here’s how to factory reset your Eufy doorbell in easy steps:
- Go over to your camera and locate the Sync button.
- Press the Sync button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button after the 10 seconds have elapsed.
Note: If your camera’s wall mount is hiding the Sync button, take it off the stand.
If your Eufy Doorbell is still not detecting motion, even after attempting all of our solutions, then there is a high chance that your unit is faulty.
The best next step would be to contact Eufy customer support to acquire more information about the problem.
The best outcome would be a solution from the Eufy side or acceptance of your warranty and eventually receiving a working unit.
Thus, to fix a Eufy doorbell that isn’t capturing movement, charge the device and increase the sensor sensitivity. Connect the doorbell to the internet and make sure notifications are toggled ON. Only then, execute a factory reset on your doorbell to solve the problem.
Read Next: Can You Use a Nest Thermostat Without WiFi?
After finding out why the Eufy doorbell not detecting motion, we hope that our solutions were of your assistance.
You can always contact Eufy’s support team or if you’re concerned that your device is no longer functional, check your warranty’s expiry date.
- YouTube TV NBC Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Fire TV? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Homekit Remote Access Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - February 2, 2023