When Chamberlain myQ keeps going offline the solution is simple!
You only need to inspect whether the problem is related to the WiFi that’s in use or whether the issue is on your device’s side.
To determine this we’ll use several solutions that will address each possibility one by one and solve the problem in a matter of minutes.
To fix a Chamberlain myQ Garage door opener, users need to thoroughly inspect their network device (WiFi) and restart the myQ host device and opener. Further solutions include applying myQ updates and performing a factory reset on the door opener.
Let’s now learn more about what’s causing the problem before we jump into the solutions.
In general, there are multiple things that can make your Chamberlain myQ garage door opener go offline.
Here, we’ve extracted all of them so you can have a quick look at what’s causing this connection problem:
1. Garage Opener Is Shutting Down
One of the three occasions where your Chamberlain my garage door opener would go offline is if the device is shutting down.
Since the garage door opener will be connected to the network only while ON, so when the device is OFF, it will disconnect from the myQ app.
2. The myQ App Resets By Itself
Another problem that can make your Chamberlain my garage door opener go offline is if myQ application resets.
A reset can happen as a result of an update, an issue with the platform, or whenever the service is brought down due to maintenance.
3. Bad WiFi-Internet
If your Chamberlain myQ garage door opener is going offline constantly, it could be happening due to a problem with the network.
When your WiFi connection is fluctuating or weak your myQ door opener app is highly likely to disconnect.
Your problem is one of these three possibilities so let’s find the solution:
To resolve the problem we’re going to be using one of the most popular methods that were proven to help when the myQ Garage door opener keeps disconnecting.
Let’s start with restarting the operational system:
The first approach that works like a charm is the hard reset.
This will practically discharge your device’s power, by cutting its supply from the power source for a certain interval of time.
Here’s how to perform a hard reset on your Chamberlain myQ garage door opener:
- Go next to the myQ garage door opener.
- Unplug the power adapter of the device that goes into the source.
- Wait for about 5 minutes while the opener is unplugged.
- Re-attach the power adapter of the opener back into the source.
- Turn on the device and check if it will become online.
Tip: Attempt to reconnect the device to the WiFi from the myQ application.
The WiFi settings of your myQ garage door opener may be outdated.
If that’s the case, the activity status of the opener, on the homepage of your myQ app will be “offline” indefinitely.
To solve this problem, you must update the WiFi settings, and here’s how:
- Press the “Offline” button in the activity stats.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the “Update Wi-FI Settings” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Press the yellow button 3 consecutive times.
- Wait for your garage door opener to beep.
- Choose a network/WiFi for your garage door opener from the list.
- Insert the password for the WiFi.
- Hit the “Connect” button.
- Wait for the garage door opener to connect and test the device.
Note: If the connection was successful, the status of your garage door opener in the myQ app should update to “online”.
When the version of your myQ app is outdated, this can also make your garage door opener go offline.
The myQ application does not always notify whenever a new firmware version is available and simply allows users to choose when to upgrade.
Here’s how to update the version of the myQ app on mobile devices in easy steps:
- Open the app store of your device.
- Go to “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Choose the myQ application from the provided list.
- Press the “Update” button to initialize the software update.
- Wait for the myQ application’s newest version to be applied.
Notice: Make sure not to close the app store to avoid canceling the process.
Issues with the network are also what can cause your garage door opener to go offline.
To exclude this possibility you would need to undertake a few steps against WiFi problems.
Here are the best working ways to solve WiFi and internet problems:
- Power Reset Your Router – unplug the device from the power supply for 5 minutes.
- Reconnect The Internet Cable – unplug the Ethernet cable for a few moments.
- Disconnect From WiFi – disconnect ALL devices from the myQ app WiFi.
- Use Another WiFi – connect the myQ app to another network to test with.
The best way to acquire a secondary WiFi to test the myQ application with is by sharing a hotspot from your smartphone.
Any cellular device can transmit WiFi using the mobile data that comes with the plan. Connect your myQ app to the cellular WiFi and test.
Alert: Proceed only if you’re confident that your WiFi internet is not the problem.
When the Chamberlain myQ keeps going offline, users often attempt to solve the problem by reinstalling the application. I
n most cases where the WiFi is not involved in the problem, corrupted cache data could be preventing the connection so a clean installation will help.
Here’s how to reinstall the myQ app in easy-to-follow steps and instructions:
- Access the storage unit of your mobile device.
- Tap on App/Applications and locate the myQ app from the list.
- Press the “Functions” button.
- Choose “Uninstall” from the functions.
- Once the myQ app is successfully removed, go to the app store of your device.
- Locate the myQ app using the search field.
- Download it onto your device.
- Turn the app on and log into your account.
- Reconnect the garage door opener by following the on-screen instructions.
- Test whether the device will go offline.
Tip: It’s recommended to clear the cache data while you’re in the Storage of your myQ host device.
In case nothing in our guide helped so far and the door opener’s constantly disconnecting, you should factory reset the unit.
This will erase all of the software configurations made to the device so far, along with the bug that is causing the device to go offline.
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on your Chamberlain garage door opener:
- Go over to the back of the garage door opener.
- Press and hold the LEARN button for 6 seconds.
- Release the LEARN button when LEDs go out.
- All keys on the door opener will be disabled.
- Continue to activate your door opener using the remote unit.
Alert: You would need to connect the myQ app to your Chamberlain garage door opener after the reset is complete.
When the Chamberlain myQ garage door opener is disconnecting offline, the solution includes restarting the door opener and myQ application and reconnecting to the WiFi. To localize the problem users need to reset the door opener and inspect their network.
Now that we know why Chamberlain myQ keeps going offline and how to fix the problem, the solution is the easy part.
Make sure to save this post for further use in case your garage door opener continues to go offline.
- How to Fix LG Sound Bar Remote Not Working? – Working Solutions - January 27, 2023
- Kitchenaid Freezer Not Working But Fridge Is? – Fixed! - January 27, 2023
- JBL Bluetooth Headphones Won’t Turn Off? – Complete Fix Guide - January 27, 2023