If you are wondering, can you get TikTok on Roku, the quick answer is no. The app is not available on the Roku Channel Store, which means you won’t be able to download it.
However, there are a few ways on how you’ll be able to enjoy TikTok on Roku.
Screen mirroring is the solution to how to get TikTok on Roku. It easily connects your Android or iOS device to the Roku streaming device, guaranteeing you a much better viewing experience. It does cast not only the image/video but also the sound.
Most modern Rokus support screen-sharing or casting. As long as you make sure you have enabled screen mirroring, you can start casting your TikTok videos on your TV.
Android and iPhones have different methods, but this article will help you how to operate them.
Can You Get TikTok on Roku?
Service providers themselves develop channels. Unfortunately, TikTok does not offer a channel for its service on the Roku platform.
So, you cannot directly install it and start watching videos. You need to take some other route. What you can do is mirror cast TikTok videos from your phone to your Roku.
How to Get the TikTok App on Roku
Before you get TikTok on Roku, make sure you have enabled Screen Mirroring on your Roku device.
Mirroring on Roku uses Miracast to project the content from your screen over the mirroring device display. It can be done with any handheld device like Android and iOS and PCs and laptops.
Note: Each and every device has its process of screen mirroring. We’ll talk about it in this article.
What Roku Models Support Screen Mirroring?
Check if your Roku device supports screen mirroring. The following models have screen mirroring features. They are manufactured from 2017 and beyond.
- Roku Express – All Roku Express models from 3900 and up support screen mirroring.
- Roku Express+ – All Roku Express models from 3910 and above support screen mirroring. The 3910 model supports screen mirroring on HDMI output only.
Here’s how you can find your device model:
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- From the menu, select the Settings.
- You will Select Systems, click it.
- Select About.
You will see your device information in the About section.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
Not all applications in the market are compatible with all devices.
Some may not be available on their channel store, while others do not support the platform. In order to view those apps, screen mirroring is used.
- Go to Settings.
- Click the Screen Mirroring option.
- Select Enable Screen Mirroring.
- Choose between Prompt and Always Allow.
If you choose Prompt, a prompt on your TV screen will ask you to confirm when a device tries to cast on your TV.
If you choose Always Ask, devices marked as allowed will be handled automatically.
Solution #1: Screen Mirroring on Roku Using Android
Before you start screen mirroring through an Android stock device, make sure your Roku model supports mirroring. You also need to verify if your Android OS supports mirroring because not all versions do.
Moreover, your Roku and Android should be running correctly and have all the necessary updates.
Here’s what you need to do to activate screen mirroring with your Roku on Android:
- Install TikTok from the Google Play Store
- Connect your phone and Roku on the same WiFi network.
- Go to the Notification Panel on the upper side of the screen.
- Click on Cast and select your Roku device.
- Start playing videos.
You will see that they will be streamed on your Roku.
Note: Screencast options may vary between manufacturers.
Solution #2: AirPlay on Roku on iOS
With an iOS device, Airplay is used to cast media. Recently, the wireless communication protocol was made available on specific Roku devices, allowing you to stream audio, photos, videos, and screens between devices.
Before you can screen mirror your TikTok videos, you need to make sure that your Roku and iOS device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the Roku device and select Settings from the menu.
- Click Airplay and HomeKit from the list.
- Tap Airplay to turn it on and choose Require Code.
- Click First Time Only.
If you want to screencast media from your iPhone, make sure your Roku is updated to the latest version.
Keep in mind that only a few Roku models support Airplay to screen mirror on an iPhone.
- Open your iPhone and go to the App Store.
- Install TikTok and sign in to your account.
- Drag down the Control Center, then tap Screen Mirroring.
- Choose your Roku device and type the passcode that appears on the screen.
- Now, you can start watching videos with your Roku device.
Note: Not all of the Rokus support AirPlay for screen mirroring. Make sure to update your Roku to the latest version so you will be able to enjoy the feature.
Solution #3: Screen Mirroring on Roku Using PC
Screen mirroring on Roku is the only way to scream TikTok content on a TV screen. Just like with Android devices, you need to enable screen mirroring on the Roku device first.
Then, connect your Roku device and PC to the same WiFi network.
- Open Google Chrome on your browser.
- Visit TikTok’s official website and log in to your account.
- Press Windows + P and tap on Connect to a Wireless Display.
- Select your Roku device.
- Start streaming your favorite videos with your Roku connected TV.
For Windows 10 users, the process is a little easier. You can watch your favorite TikTok videos with four easy steps.
- Go to the Action Center on your Windows device.
- Select Connect.
- Wait until you see your Roku device appear on the list of available devices.
- Select your device and follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: Roku gives you the option to adjust what happens when someone tries to mirror your screen.
Set permissions to always allow screen mirroring, never allow screen mirroring or ask if you want to use screen mirroring.
You can’t directly install the TikTok app from your Roku device because it is not available on the Roku Channel Store.
You need to take another route to start viewing the videos. But, first, make sure that the Roku device and Android, iOS, or Windows device are on the same home network.
Read Next: Why Is Roku TV Not Working With Google Home?
The only way to get TikTok on Roku is through screen mirroring. It allows you to connect your Android, iOS, and Windows devices to provide you with a bigger and better viewing experience. Get the TikTok on TV from the Play Store for Android users, App Stores for iOS users, and the official TikTok website for PC users.
If you want to know, if you can get TikTok on Roku, this post is a comprehensive guide to help you get TikTok on Roku and enable screen mirroring on Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
If you think this blog is helpful and you have other issues with another Roku device, we are able to help.
- Can Garmin Watch Charge Wirelessly? – Complete Guide - March 16, 2023
- How to Connect Subwoofer to Amp Without Sub Out? - March 16, 2023
- How to Add Eufy Camera To HomeKit? – Complete Steps - March 16, 2023