When Amcrest PoE camera no video is shown in the Live View, the problem could be related to quite a few factors surrounding the setup.
They include the Ethernet cable connecting your camera to the network device, the power cable of the camera, and the mobile application.
To get video from your Amcrest PoE camera you need to properly carry out the setup process and make sure that your network device and Amcrest app host device are intact. The best working method is to perform a factory reset on the Amcrest camera.
Let’s now learn how to set up the camera correctly before proceeding with the solutions:
How To Setup Amcrest PoE Camera?
Before we move on to the solutions, you must be confident that the setup has been carried out correctly.
Here are the instructions to properly install and connect your Amcrest PoE camera:
- Apply an appropriate PoE power cable to the camera.
- Install and access the Amcrest View Pro app on your mobile device.
- Either sign in or create a registration to access.
- Hit the “+” icon to add a device to this account.
- Select the “PoE” camera from the list.
- Select “P2P” connection.
- Now, use the camera to scan the required QR code.
- Complete the rest of the instructions to finish the setup of the camera.
Note: Your camera’s options will be accessible in the Amcrest Pro View app.
Amcrest Poe Camera No Video Issue – Fixed
When your Amcrest PoE camera is not getting any video, then it’s most likely that the unit has lost connection and went offline.
In such cases, the possibilities are quite a few and you would need to address each of them individually.
Let’s start eliminating the culprits one by one with the solutions we’ve prepared below:
Solution #1 Power Cycle The Camera
Since PoE cameras connect to the power via a physical cable, you should first power cycle the units to identify any issues with the power flow.
The video on your camera won’t work until the device is secured, and receives sufficient power.
Here’s how to power cycle your Amcrest PoE camera in easy steps:
- Follow the power adapter coming out of the PoE camera.
- Go to the power source (where the camera is connected).
- Disconnect the adapter of the camera.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the camera is disconnected.
- Reconnect the power of the camera.
- Check if the broadcast has come alive.
Note: Make sure that the “Live View” broadcast is enabled on the Amcrest app through your smartphone.
Solution #2 Restart The “Live View”
By restarting the live view, you will refresh the broadcast and fix the issue you’re experiencing with your PoE camera.
The live view is the instance that allows you to observe the broadcast of the PoE camera and what it is currently capturing in its POV.
Here’s how to restart the live view through the Amcrest app:
- While watching, press the “X” button to close the window.
- Exit the Amcrest application on your device.
- Remove the Amcrest app from the memory.
- Re-launch the Amcrest app.
- Access the live view again.
- Check if the video would work now.
After the restart, it might take a few seconds for the live feed to appear in the Live View so be patient and allow the device to catch up.
In case the problem is still there, proceed further.
Notice: Make sure to keep the Incest application up to date to avoid further problems.
Solution #3 Resolve Issues With The Ethernet
The live view of your Amcrest camera may be disrupted by problems with the internet.
Since your camera connects directly with the router via Ethernet cable, the issue may not be necessarily on the camera’s end.
To understand the problem better, attempt the bullets below:
- Restart the router – unplug the router for 5 minutes from the power.
- Connect to different ports – attach the camera’s cable to a different Ethernet port.
- Test cable on the computer – plug your camera into the PC and check if the port blinks.
Alert: When the Ethernet port doesn’t blink and the camera is connected, you should acquire a new Ethernet cable for the PoE camera.
Solution #4 Reinstall The Amcrest App
By reinstalling the Amcrest app, you should be able to fix any OS-related problems that impact the live view and interrupt the video feed.
For this purpose, you will only need your mobile device and connection with a WiFi network.
Here’s how to reinstall the Amcrest app on your device:
- Go to the Settings of the device.
- Head to the Storage tab.
- Locate the Amcrest application in the list.
- Choose “Functions” and then press “Uninstall”.
- Wait for the app to be removed.
- Download the Amcrest Pro View app from the Google Play/App Store.
- Log in using the account with your PoE camera.
Tip: Reinstalling Amcrest will disconnect your camera. Follow the instructions on the top of the post to get the camera reconnected.
Solution #5 Reset The Camera
A factory reset on your PoE camera would work just great to solve the problem.
The IP cameras are well-known to sometimes just go black without proper reasoning and that’s why most manufacturers install a reset button, allowing users to help the situation.
A reset on your Amcrest PoE camera is done like this:
- Remove the camera from the slot.
- Examine the bottom side of the camera.
- Locate the factory reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 45-60 seconds.
- Wait for the camera’s head to rotate and the LED to blink in green.
- Release the factory reset button.
Notice: Your camera’s power and Ethernet cable must still be plugged while the reset.
Solution #6 Replace The Power Adapter
In case there’s absolutely no output from your PoE camera, then there’s a high chance that it simply lost power and the power adapter has stopped working.
Fortunately, you can easily fix this by replacing a single cable in the configuration, that is the power adapter of the camera.
What power adapter do I need?
A 12V DC power extension cable
You can also get an Amcrest power adapter, specifically designed for their cameras, but the difference is not that much.
The replacement process remains up to you as it doesn’t really represent any difficulty.
Note: A universal Amcest camera power adapter goes for as low as $10 online.
How To Fix Amcrest No Video WiFi Camera?
In case you’re using an Amcrest WiFi camera and the live video feed is black, there are multiple things you should attempt.
Since the wire-free Amcrest cameras are battery-powered, there aren’t any cables going in or coming out of the camera and the solution is different.
Here’s how you can fix a wire-free Amcrest WiFi camera easily:
- Eject and then reinsert the battery of the Amcrest camera.
- Update the version of the Amcrest app.
- Replace the batteries of the wireless Amcrest camera.
- Reset the camera by holding the side button for 15 seconds.
Tip: In case your problem persists, you can always contact Amcrest support for more help!
Hence, to fix no video on the Amcrest PoE camera, power cycle the device and check if the Ethernet connection is intact. Next, restart the Live View and reinstall the Amcrest application. To conclude you should reset the Amcrest camera to factory settings.
Now that you know why Amcrest Poe camera no video is shown in the live view, and what the solution includes, you’re ready to solve the problem.
Since IP PoE cameras are hard-wired, there are more possibilities involved than wireless IP cameras, therefore the solution requires a few extra steps.
For more helpful solutions to your smart-home issues, make sure to visit our blog!
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023