A well-known issue is when Amcrest not sending push notifications, and in such cases, there are quite a few possibilities to inspect and solve.
Like any security & tracking system, Amcrest uses an application to send notifications in case of a detected motion or security alerts.
There are quite a few causes that would prevent the notifications from reaching your application, thus appearing on your smartphone.
Amcrest will not send notifications when they are not enabled in the mobile app. Also, you won’t see notifications in case there aren’t any due to a problem with the motion detection of your connected cameras.
Now when knowing what the major suspects are, learn more about what push notifications are and when they appear.
The push notifications appear on your mobile device when your Amcrest camera detects motion, there is an available update, or in case of an error.
You are allowed to enable or disable the push notifications as well as to configure their Push Type.
The Push Type is what will open when you press on the notification. They can be live video feeds, images of an event, or video capture.
All of these settings are enabled when managing a certain Amcrest camera from the mobile application.
Note: Notifications will not appear when Amcrest cameras are nonfunctional.
The solutions below are designed to target each possibility for non-appearing notifications and eventually solve the problem.
We recommend following them in order to make sure that you won’t miss anything essential. Let’s start with unmuting your device first.
Amcrest push notifications allow you to be instantly notified, whenever a motion detection event has taken place and is detected by the camera.
Before we proceed with the solution guide, ensure that you’ve enabled these push notifications using the following instructions:
- Open the Amcrest app on your mobile smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Push Notifications.
- Choose “Configuration”.
- Lastly, next to the camera status, tap the “Disabled” button.
- That will enable the push notifications.
It’s recommended to test whether the notifications are now working. Even if the push notifications were Enabled, make sure to toggle them OFF and ON again.
Note: The Amcrest push notifications should appear on your application host device, even with a locked screen.
If after enabling the push notifications within your Amcrest app and you’re still not receiving any on your mobile, perhaps your device is muted.
Since we don’t know how your Apple/Android device mutes or unmutes, it’s up to you to figure out whether the device has been silenced.
You should also check under your device notifications tab whether the push alerts for Amcrest applications are enabled.
Here are the notifications options for each application:
- Allow Notifications
- Show Previews
You should make sure that ALL four options are enabled to be sure that Amcrest push notifications are not suppressed by your smartphone’s settings.
Note: A feature that is common for all mobile devices is the AirPlane mode which will also suppress all calls and notifications your phone receives.
Your phone will not receive any notifications if the mobile data or the WiFi isn’t enabled.
That’s why your next step should be to enable cellular data or connect your phone to the WiFi so you can receive Amcrest push notifications.
- To turn on mobile data, go to Settings > Network > Mobile Data and tap the slider to enable the feature.
- To connect your phone to the WiFi, go to Settings > Network > WiFi > Search for Networks and tap your household’s networks. Insert the WiFi password and tap “Connect”.
Alert: To benefit from mobile data, your phone subscription must be active and all dues must be paid.
Even if you’ve now enabled the push notifications, motion detection may be disabled on your camera which is what brings most notifications.
For this next step, we suggest verifying that you’ve enabled motion detection on your Amcrest camera and testing the notifications then.
Here’s how to enable the motion detection on your Amcrest camera in easy steps:
- On your phone, go to the Amcrest app.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap “Devices” and choose your Amcrest camera.
- Go to Setup.
- Select the Event tab and then go to Video Detect.
- Configure the motion detection screen and make sure the slider is enabled.
Tip: The configuration of the motion detection screen will allow you to adjust sensitivity, POV, and other essential settings for your camera.
When Amcrest not sending push notifications, you should update the application before proceeding further.
You should make sure that the Amcrest application is up to date through the App Store or Google Play on your smartphone.
Here are instructions for updating the Amcrest application on your device:
- Unlock your phone and go to the home screen.
- From there, navigate to the App Store or Google Play based on the phone’s OS.
- Once in the application store, tap the search field and write “Amcrest”.
- After results appear, tap the already downloaded Amcrest application.
- Instead of a download button, search for an “Update”.
- Tap the update button and confirm if you have a passcode.
- Wait for the update to conclude.
- Test the push notifications that Amcrest will now send you.
Tip: If you want to avoid bothering with manual updates of the Amcrest app, enable the “Automatic Updates” in your phone’s settings.
If nothing worked out for you so far and you’re still not getting any push notifications, we suggest reinstalling the Amcrest app.
This will clear out any glitches that are preventing the push notifications from being sent and you will solve the problem once and for all.
Here’s how to reinstall the Amcrest application in easy steps:
- On your phone, go to the storage unit.
- Use the navigation menu to locate the app section.
- From there, use the search field to locate the Amcrest app.
- Go to the settings of the application.
- Tap on “Uninstall” beneath the info button.
- Once deleted the Amcrest app, go to the Google Play/App Store.
- Download Amcrest once again.
- Head back into the app and test.
When you reinstall the application you would need to connect your camera back to the application. You can do that from the “Add Device” on the top right.
Alert: Reinstalling Amcrest will cause the push notifications to be disabled again. Enable them with the help of our Solution #1.
When Amcrest security is not sending push notifications, you need to enable the notifications from the application and on your smartphone. Next, you should check if your cameras have motion detection enabled and reinstall the Amcrest app.
Now that you’re aware of why Amcrest not sending push notifications you’re ready to use our solutions and attempt to solve the problem.
Remember that notifications are not something that could break.
Instead, there is always something preventing them from appearing and this is why our solutions target everything.
We hope that this post was helpful and that you’ve managed to solve the issue. For more fix guides, check our blog to discover solutions to your problems.
- Owlet Sock Not Charging When Plugged In? – Fix Guide! - August 5, 2022
- Why Does Siri Keep Coming On By Itself? Here’s How To Fix! - August 5, 2022
- Why Is Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera Not Connecting? Here’s How to Fix! - August 5, 2022