Is AirPlay unable to connect to Roku TV and worried? You’ve come to the right place!
The AirPlay feature will allow the streaming of music, videos, and other media content from a smartphone device to a television or device such as Roku TV.
However, sometimes you could run up to issues with the AirPlay and this is why here we will provide ALL solutions.
AirPlay might not be working due to an outdated OS on your Roku or a system glitch/bug. The problem could be from the disabled screen mirroring feature on your Roku or no internet connection on your device.
There are quite a few possibilities and next, we’re going to check each of them.
In most cases, the issue is definitely coming from your Roku device.
In that regard, we will mainly focus on troubleshooting your Roku since there is not much that can go wrong with your Apple device.
Here are some of the things that could go wrong with AirPlay on your Roku device:
1. Outdated OS
Not updating the firmware might lose compatibility in regard to the AirPlay and other features.
2. System Bug or Glitch
Your Roku might have run into a system glitch, therefore AirPlay won’t connect.
3. No Internet
You need WiFi to stream through AirPlay, so both of your devices must be connected to the internet.
4. iPhone Bug
Even if rarely, your iPhone could have run into troubles, not allowing Roku to connect appropriately.
5. No Screen Mirroring
AirPlay requires the screen mirroring function enabled on your Roku TV to work.
With that being said, let’s proceed to troubleshoot your devices until you identify and resolve the problem permanently.
With the solutions below, we will make sure to cover everything that could prevent the Airplay from functioning on Roku TV.
Before you start, check if your iPhone is working properly and that it is connected to the WiFi since AirPlay transfers data over the internet.
When you’re ready with the preparation, proceed with the first solution:
To fix playback issues with AirPlay, we first suggest rebooting your Roku device.
It may not sound like much, but a clean boot is always capable of fixing bugs or glitches that might affect your Roku’s AirPlay function in a variety of ways.
Here’s how to reboot your Roku from the system settings:
- Start your Roku if it isn’t working already.
- Navigate to the settings of your device, using the remote.
- Open the power menu under the System tab.
- Choose “Reset” over the available power options.
- Wait for the restart to finish.
Once the Roku TV has been properly restarted, test hooking up the AirPlay from your Apple device and check whether it’s going to work or not.
In case you’re facing the same problem and you’re where you started, proceed with the next solution.
If your Roku device isn’t connected to the internet, issues with the Airplay could definitely occur.
In that regard, we suggest connecting your device to the internet to resolve the problem with your AirPlay function.
To connect Roku to the internet, follow the instructions below:
- From the home tab of your Roku, head to Settings.
- From there, navigate to the Network tab and select “Set up connection”.
- Choose “Wireless” and wait for the WiFi scanner to show your network.
- Select your own WiFi network and enter your WiFi password key.
- Confirm and wait.
That should get Roku connected to the internet and resolve troubles you might be experiencing with the AirPlay.
Note: Connect your Apple device to the same WiFi as your Roku TV until the end of this guide.
Not having the screen mirroring enabled might not allow you to use AirPlay either.
In that regard, we suggest enabling the screen mirroring to fix the problem with using AirPlay with Roku TV.
Here’s how to set up screen mirroring on your Roku device:
- From your Roku’s Home tab, navigate to the Settings.
- From there, choose System and locate the Screen mirroring option tab.
- Make sure that the Screen mirroring function’s checkbox is ticked.
- Exit the tab and attempt AirPlaying with your output device.
In case the screen mirroring is already turned on, make sure to toggle OFF/ON the feature to justify your desired state.
Once ready, test if the problem is still there and if it is, proceed with the next solution.
If the AirPlay is unable to connect to Roku TV even after all previous solutions, you might be running an outdated OS.
In that regard, it would only be in your favor to update your Roku to the latest available firmware version.
Note: An update requires a sufficient power supply.
Make sure that your TV device and Roku are securely attached to their respective inputs and there is no danger of outages during the update.
Here’s how to update your Roku’s OS:
- From the home screen, head to the settings.
- Scroll down to the System tab and enter it.
- Locate and select the “System update” button and then choose “Check Now”.
- Wait for the checker to finish and click on “Download & Install” on any new updates that appear in your Roku’ system tab.
Your TV might restart several times during the update. Afterward, it will reboot and you will be running the latest OS on your Roku. At this point, you should test AirPlay again.
If nothing worked so far, we suggest factory resetting your Roku device.
This process will erase all of the temporarily stored information on your device, thus, giving you a clean wipe of the system.
This method has the highest chance of solving your problem so keep reading to learn how to factory reset your Roku:
- From your Roku’s home screen go to the settings and select System.
- Go to Advanced System Settings and select Factory Reset.
- Confirm that you want to perform a factory reset on your Roku device by clicking on the prompt that will appear on your screen.
- Select “Everything” when asked what you want to erase exactly.
- Confirm by pressing on Reset.
Once the reset is over you can test whether the issue is still there or not. If the problem is still there, you should check if the Apple device is having issues.
You can do that by testing AirPlay on another TV or device.
In the worst-case scenario, it would turn out to be an issue with your Roku, and then you should consider reaching out to the Roku support center for more help.
Read Next: Why Is AirPlay Not Working On Samsung TV?
Thus, to fix the AirPlay function on your Roku device, first, restart the device and update its OS to the latest possible. Then, make sure that the mirror screen feature is enabled and perform a factory reset on your device to resolve the problem if nothing worked.
Now that you know why is AirPlay unable to connect to Roku TV, we hope you were able to solve the problem easily with our solutions.
You can contact Roku anytime and require their assistance in regard to this issue’s resolution, so keep that in mind!
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023
- My Dyson Hair Dryer Stopped Working? (7 Quick Solutions!) - December 7, 2023
- White Rodgers Thermostat Blinking Flame? (7 Proven Fixes!) - December 5, 2023