Whenever Sony TV connected no internet is available, and the device will remain offline until further notice.
Getting connected to the WiFi is only a part of the process and receiving the internet comes next.
Your network router can be emitting WiFi, but sometimes no internet reaches the mode and, in turn, your devices are connecting but they remain offline.
When Sony TV is connected to the WiFi but there is no internet in most cases the problem is with the network. The TV’s job is to get connected, but when your WiFi does not carry internet, the solution often includes your network device.
How To Fix When Sony TV Connected No Internet?
Such a problem is well-known for Sony TVs where a few extra steps are necessary to start receiving internet from your WiFi.
These Sony-specific solutions are what we’re about to start with and later proceed with globally-related solutions that also target your network.
Let’s start with using the network time option:
Solution #1 Use Network Time
When connecting your Sony TV to WiFi for the first time, but you’re not getting any internet, you should enable the network time through the settings.
That will allow your TV to use the date and time of your network to sync with your network and allow the connection.
Here’s how to enable your Sony TV to use network time in easy steps:
- On your Sony TV, head to the Settings.
- Find and enter the System Settings tab by scrolling down a bit.
- Go to the Date and Time tab.
- From there, press the “Automatic Date” button.
- Wait for the automatic date tab to load (takes about 30 seconds up to a minute).
- Once the tab has fully loaded, locate the “Use Network Time” button.
- Enable the network time setting by pressing the “OK” button on your remote.
- Wait for your Sony TV to make the changes.
Note: Enabling the network time requires you to restart your TV. After the restart, you would need to re-connect the TV to the WiFi.
Solution #2 Adjust The DNS Settings
Using incorrect DNS settings will also result in problems with the internet on your Sony TV.
Even if you are connected, having the wrong DNS credentials will prevent the TV device from using the internet on your WiFi.
Here’s how to correct the DNS settings in easy steps:
- Grab your Sony TV remote.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to Network.
- Choose Network Settings.
- Head to “Set up the Network connection”.
- Next, select the “Custom/Expert” setting.
- Choose connected Wi-Fi.
- Press on Manual IP Address.
- Enter the Primary DNS settings (220.127.116.11) and secondary (18.104.22.168).
- Save the changes and exit the tab.
- Check if your Sony TV will receive internet from the WiFi.
Tip: Once the changes are made, restart your Sony TV using the remote’s power button for the changes to take effect.
Solution #3 Fix Internet Problems
Taking our focus off the Sony TV, the next thing that could be causing WiFi issues is the network itself.
Even if the WiFi is displayed in your Sony TV’s wireless settings, but doesn’t have internet, your device will remain connected but offline.
Here are some easy ways to fix internet problems with your network setup:
- Hard reset modem/router by unplugging it for 5 minutes from the power.
- Reconnect the internet cable that goes into your router/modem.
- Shorten the distance between your Sony TV and the network router.
To measure whether your network has issues or not, check the WiFi performance on another smart device of yours.
If the WiFi is there, but when your device is connected the same way as your Sony TV, you would know that the problem is only on our side.
Note: You should not proceed before you’re confident that your internet is not the problem.
Solution #4 Power Cycle The Sony TV
A solution that will help when Sony Bravia TV is connected to WiFi but no internet is the method of discharging.
Also known as a “power cycle”, this will completely discharge the device, reboot all services, and hopefully fix any network failures on your Sony TV.
Here’s how to easily perform the power cycle process on your Sony TV:
- Using the Sony remote, press the power button to shut down the TV.
- Disconnect the power adapter of the Sony TV.
- Wait for 5 minutes with the TV supply disengaged.
- Reconnect the power adapter.
- Connect your Sony TV to the WiFi network and test.
Tip: Keeping your TV unplugged for longer is better than not long enough!
Solution #5 Connect To A Mobile Hotspot
A workaround rather than an actual solution is to connect your Sony TV to a mobile hotspot to test things out.
In that regard, attempt to connect your Sony TV to your mobile device’s hotspot with these instructions:
- Open your mobile device’s settings.
- Go to “Mobile Data”.
- Under the section, press the activation button next to “Mobile HotSpot”.
- In the same tab, learn your hotspot’s password.
- Now on your Sony TV, go to the “Network” tab.
- Choose WiFi and let the scanner locate your mobile hotspot.
- Once found the hotspot, press on the WiFi using your Sony TV remote.
- Enter the password you’ve learned earlier.
- Press on “Connect”.
- Determine if your Sony TV will have internet now.
If your Sony TV is receiving internet through the mobile hotspot, then the problem is related to your WiFi.
The recommendation in such cases would be to reach out to your Internet Service Supplier (ISP) and get the problem solved.
Notice: While connecting the Sony TV to your mobile hotspot, make sure that you keep the mobile unit as close as possible to the television.
How To Fix When Sony Bravia TV WiFi Connected But No Internet?
If you’re experiencing these WiFi/internet problems specifically on Sony Bravia TV, there are multiple things you can test out.
Before you proceed, make sure that you’ve tried all of the solutions above that are shared for all models of Sony TV.
Here’s how to fix it when Sony Bravia is connected with the WiFi but there is no internet:
- Update Sony TV – Install the update onto a flash drive and connect it to your TV.
- Hard reset Sony Bravia – Unplug the TV and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
- Factory reset Sony Bravia – go to Home > Settings > Reset > Factory data Reset.
Test whether your Sony Bravia TV will have access to online applications to test whether the internet is now accessible.
Notice: When factory resetting your TV, make sure to choose “Erase Everything” rather than a partial reset that won’t help solve the issue.
In case the problem is still there, you’ll need to seek further assistance from Sony by contacting their support department.
Read Next: How to Connect Sony TV to WiFi Without Remote?
When Sony TV connected no internet is there, which often tells about a problem with your network transmitter.
This is why the best approach would be to test your WiFi on other devices or share a hotspot from your smartphone to localize and determine the problem.
Additional troubleshooting can be applied to your Sony TV so in case you’ve missed anything, feel free to scroll up and re-attempt some of our solutions.
- Geeni Camera Offline and Worried? – Easy Solutions - March 21, 2023
- VTech Baby Monitor Not Connecting? – Learn How to Fix - March 21, 2023
- How to Add Arlo to HomeKit? – Complete Steps - March 21, 2023