Whenever Paramount Plus not working on Xfinity devices, there are quite a few methods to get the application working again.
Such as other streaming platforms, Paramount Plus requires a subscription and a connection to the internet to function.
In this post, we’ll unwrap this problem and help you fix the Paramount Plus application problem on any supported device.
To fix when Paramount Plus is not working on an Xfinity device, you should first check whether your device is supported and if it’s connected to the internet. The next step would be to update or cleanly reinstall the Paramount application.
Let’s learn which devices are supported before we proceed to the solution guide.
Unfortunately, not all Xfinity devices support Paramount Plus and won’t work with the platform.
There’s a chance that your Xfinity device (TV, cable box, streaming stick) does not support Paramount Plus and that’s why you cannot access the application.
Here’s a list of all the devices that support and can stream Paramount Plus anytime:
- xI5 and xI6
- X Class TV
- Xi One
- XG1v4 & XG1v3
If you cannot find your Xfinity device in this list, then it’s time for an upgrade!
Consider purchasing one of the following streaming sticks, cable boxes, and TVs that support Paramount Plus streaming!
In case you’ve got one of the supported Xfinity devices, and the Paramount Plus application is not working, it’s time for some troubleshooting.
Let’s begin with the easiest solutions first and build our way up to more complex methods, in case it’s necessary.
The first thing you should attempt is to restart your Xfinity device and then re-access the installed Paramount Plus application.
Bugs can develop upon starting your Xfinity device which can essentially cause the Paramount Plus app problem you’re experiencing.
Based on what Xfinity device you own, restart the system and then attempt to access Paramount Plus again. For Xfinity streaming sticks, unplug them from the TV for a minute and then re-attach them.
Note: If you’re using an Xfinity TV, then power cycle the unit by unplugging it from the power for 5 minutes.
The next step is to make sure that both your Xfinity device and the Paramount Plus application are up to date.
Having the latest version of Xfinity software and Paramount Plus is essential for accessing the platform and streaming on demand.
Here’s how to update both Paramount Plus on any Xfinity device and its OS:
- On your Xfinity device remote, press the “XFINITY” button.
- Go to “Apps”.
- Select the app section and locate the Paramount Plus app.
- Once selected Paramount Plus, tab the “Update” button.
Be informed that Xfinity devices are updated automatically. However, to re-apply for the latest version of your unit, go to xfinity.com/equipmentupdate.
Once on the Xfinity site, follow these steps:
- Login to Xfinity using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Tap the Get Started button.
- Review the update’s details.
- Press on “Apply Latest Version”.
- Wait for the update to finish.
Tip: If you couldn’t get the Xfinity software update, you can contact the support team so they can apply the update for you.
If the Paramount Plus not working on Xfinity, perhaps your Xfinity device isn’t connected to the internet.
If that’s the case, you should reconnect your Xfinity to the WiFi to get Paramount Plus working again.
Here’s how to reconnect the Xfinity software to the internet on all devices:
- Go to the Settings of your Xfinity device.
- Tap on “WiFi & Connect”.
- Wait for the checker to scan for your network.
- Press on your WiFi.
- Insert the WiFi password.
- Tap on “Connect”.
- Wait for the Xfinity device to finish connecting with the WiFi.
- Test the Paramount Plus streaming platform.
Note: If your WiFi isn’t showing up or you experience issues on other of your devices as well, contact the ISP for additional assistance.
Solution #4 Manage Paramount Plus Subscription
Since Paramount Plus is a subscription-based online streaming service, you will need a plan to stream Paramount Plus on your Xfinity device.
In total, there are 4 subscription options, which come at roughly $9 up to $13 per month.
Here’s how to resubscribe to Paramount Plus and resume your streaming:
- On your mobile device or laptop, go to Paramount.com.
- Tap the Paramount + button at the top.
- Login to your Paramount Plus account.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on “Manage Subscription”.
- Choose the most approachable subscription plan for you.
- Create a payment method, using your debit/credit card or online banking service.
- Go to check out and purchase the Paramount Plus subscription.
- Head back to your Paramount Plus account on the Xfinity device.
Alert: Ensure that your financial account has enough funds to cover the expenses over the Paramount Plus subscription.
Paramount Plus application issues can be easily fixed by reinstalling the platform on your Xfinity device.
That action will only take a minute or two and has a guaranteed success at resolving issues preventing you from accessing Paramount Plus.
Here’s how to reinstall Paramount Plus on your Xfinity device:
- Grab your Xfinity remote and go to the “Apps” tab.
- Access the App section.
- Locate Paramount Plus.
- Choose “Uninstall” under the actions menu of the application.
- Go to the app store of your Xfinity device.
- Download the Paramount Plus app once again.
- Sign in to your profile and make sure to get the credentials correctly.
- Test out the Paramount Plus streaming service.
Tip: When installing Paramount Plus back on your Xfinity device, make sure to enable “Auto application updates”.
To solve the problem you’re having with Paramount Plus once and for all, we suggest factory resetting the Xfinity device.
That will erase all contents stored on your device and permanently delete the cache data of ALL applications.
Here’s how to reset the software of your Xfinity device in easy steps:
- Go to the Settings of your Xfinity device.
- Locate the “Software Reset” tab.
- Choose “Erase Everything/Reset Everything” from the following options screen.
- Confirm that you want to reset your Xfinity device.
- Wait for the reset to be complete.
Note: Reinstall the Paramount Plus platform once the reset on your Xfinity device is complete, sign in to your account, and test.
To fix the problem with Paramount Plus on the Xfinity device you should first check your internet, and update/reinstall the application. You should also check whether your subscription is active and, if necessary, factory reset your Xfinity device.
Read Next: How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Streaming?
Now that you know why Paramount Plus not working on Xfinity and what the solution includes, you should be able to solve the problem on your own.
If you continue to experience difficulties, make sure to contact both instances, Paramount and Xfinity customer service for further assistance.
To find more solutions for your smart home devices, check out our online technical blog!
- How To Reset Lorex DVR To Factory Settings Without Password? - August 4, 2022
- How to Turn Off Ring Alarm Siren? – Easy Step! - August 4, 2022
- How To Unlock A Kwikset Lock Without A Key? A Complete Guide! - August 4, 2022