Wondering how to fix when Owlet notifications on iPhone not working? We have a solution for you!
The Owlet baby sock is meant to measure the heart rate, blood oxygen levels, and other health parameters of your baby.
It’s crucial to have the notifications working and in this guide, you’ll learn what could be causing the problem and how to solve the issue in minutes!
To fix the Owlet notifications on your iPhone, ensure that they are enabled from Settings > OwletCare App > Notifications ON. Attempt reinstalling the application and make sure that the sock is attached appropriately to your baby.
Let’s explore what are the causes of problems with your Owlet notifications and then proceed with a wide range of working solutions.
Generally, there could be two sides to this problem.
There is either a problem with the sock, in the physical meaning, or there’s something wrong with the notification and application settings that you’ve chosen.
We will review all possible causes for the problem in the following list:
1. Notifications Are Not Enabled
When entering the Owlet app for the first time, you will have to confirm the notifications promptly, otherwise, you won’t receive any.
2. Monitoring Interrupted
Your child might have accidentally slipped out of the sock and you won’t receive any notifications.
3. No Battery
Notifications will be stopped once the battery of your child’s Owlet sock falls to zero.
4. Outdated iPhone Software
Owlet says that your iPhone must be running the latest software for accurate notifications.
5. Incorrect WiFi
Owlet socks only work with 2.4GHz WiFi networks, so make sure that you’re not connected to a 5GHz.
Those were all of the possible problems, preventing the Owlet notifications from appearing on your iPhone.
If you wish to fix the issue, keep reading to get familiar with the best solutions available for you.
Before we proceed with any of the troubleshooting tips and solutions, make sure that the notifications mute button is not pressed on your iPhone.
This button is located on the left-side panel of your device and it should be turned to the right side for you to receive any kind of notifications on your device.
In case your iPhone is not muted, proceed with the first solution:
The first thing you should do is make sure that Owlet notifications are enabled.
For that purpose, you must head to the notifications settings on your iPhone.
Then enable the messages that Owlet tends to send you whenever there is a problem with the measurement of the sock.
Here’s how to enable Owlet notifications on your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Tap the OwletCare App in the app section at the bottom of the page.
- Go to the Notification settings and make sure that they are “ON”.
Note: The notification settings of the Owlet app are directly on the settings page. You just have to scroll down and find them.
If you’re not receiving any notifications from your Owlet sock, you must make sure that the device is sufficiently charged and is positioned on your baby correctly.
In that regard, we’ve provided instructions on what to do right here:
- Go over to your Owlet base station.
- Ensure that the station is connected to a power source.
- Plug the second cable of your base station into the port on the Owlet sock.
- Standby for 3-4 hours for the sock to fully charge.
Note: If you’re impatient and don’t want to wait the complete 4 hours for the device to charge, feel free to unplug it after 30 minutes.
Owlet suggests that updating the iPhone’ software will resolve issues with the notifications.
In that regard, here’s how to update your iPhone to the latest available version to fix the notifications:
- Go to your iPhone’ settings.
- Tap the General tab and click on “Software Update” at the top of the page.
- Tap on “Download & Install” on any available updates on the following page.
Note: When updating your iPhone, make sure that you’re connected to a WiFi network and not using your mobile data.
Also, plug your phone into the charging port while updating if it is low on charge.
Owlet has pointed out numerous times that their Sock isn’t compatible with 5GHz networks.
Nowadays, most home WiFis are only running on 5GHz networks, so if you don’t have one, you must log in to your router’s settings and create the network from there.
- On your PC or laptop (connected with Ethernet cable to router) open the CMD.
- In the command prompt, do “ipconfig” and copy the default gateway.
- Paste it in your browser and use “admin” and “admin” for login credentials.
- Once signed in to your router’s settings, go to the Network tab and create the WiFi.
- Set its password, name, and GHz. Your router will restart.
- Ensure the base station is up and running.
- Go to the WiFi settings of your iPhone and search for a network labeled “Owlet-XXXXXXXX”.
- Connect with the Owlet network and open Safari.
- Paste this address “192.168.0.1”.
- Tap on “Connect” to connect the sock with the network.
Note: The gateway above will be using the 2.4GHz network, so you shouldn’t worry about connecting with the 5GHz one.
You should attempt to reinstall the Owlet app in order to fix the issue with the notifications.
Here’s how to reinstall the Owlet app on your iPhone in easy steps:
- Go to Settings > Owlet App on your iPhone.
- Choose “Uninstall” and wait for the uninstallation to conclude.
- Open the App Store and download Owlet again.
Important: When re-accessing the Owlet app after the installation, make sure you tap on “Agree” at the notifications prompt.
If nothing from our solutions worked so far, you should perform a reset on your Owlet base station.
This will reset all software configurations, along with notification bugs and glitches.
Here’s how to reset your Owlet base station and sock:
- Go over to your base station.
- Unplug the power adapter of the base station and remove the sock.
- Press and hold the base station button while plugging the station back in.
- Keep pressing the button until you hear the 4-times chirping sound.
- Charge your sock and check if the issue is solved.
Note: It’s important to wait for the 4 chirps, otherwise the base station won’t perform a reset.
Thus, to fix the notifications of your Owlet sock, ensure that the device is charged and connected to a 2.4GHz network. Reinstall the Owlet app and update your iPhone. Lastly, perform a reset on the base station to solve the problem.
Now that you know why Owlet notifications on iPhone not working and supposedly how to fix it, the rest is up to you.
Keep in mind that Owlet socks usually come with a 1-year warranty, which you can put to use if our guide fails to fix your problem!
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023
- My Dyson Hair Dryer Stopped Working? (7 Quick Solutions!) - December 7, 2023
- White Rodgers Thermostat Blinking Flame? (7 Proven Fixes!) - December 5, 2023