Has your Lorex eco stratus app failed to connect? You need to check the solutions below!
The Lorex Eco Stratus app is an addition you can use with your Lorex security devices family. However, it might present some issues because Lorex is working on its new version.
If the Lorex Eco Stratus app won’t connect due to camera/recorder distance or Wi-Fi issues. It might also be due to incorrect info or outdated app.
You will learn seven quick fixes to connect your app to the Lorex ecosystem!
Lorex Eco Stratus App Failed To Connect – Check 7 Fixes
Solution #1: Check The Phone’s Network Settings
Perhaps you have more than one router in your house, or your router has dual-band, which your phone can pick up and choose between.
It could happen, in some situations, that you are connected to the wrong network.
Alternatively, the network is just bad.
- Disconnect your phone from the Wi-Fi.
- Restart your router.
- Wait for the signal to show up again.
- Connect to the router which your recorder is hooked up to.
- If there are two networks, connect to the 2.4GHz one.
Do you have cameras in the ecosystem? You should check whether they run on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network.
Most Lorex Wi-Fi cameras require 2.4GHz because of the wider range.
However, if you have newer ones that use 5GHz, switch to that!
Note: When connecting directly to cameras (not the recorder), ensure they're within Wi-Fi range. Test by walking nearby and checking phone's Wi-Fi indicator.
Solution #2: Ensure You Have The Correct Info
Has your Lorex cloud app failed to connect? Perhaps you don’t have the right info because you don’t remember it or don’t know how to find it.
Let’s go through the steps and explain how to get your needed info.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Click on “Device Manager.”
- Now click on “Add.”
- Choose a name for the device you are connecting.
- Choose the Login type.
Perhaps it is the login type that you have messed up before. You must choose between “IP / Domain” and “Device ID”.
IP Domain Or Device ID?
Many Lorex devices have a QR code that you can scan, so you must enter their info through Device ID.
Other times, they simply have a label with the devices’ ID number.
However, you must log in using the IP domain if you can’t identify their device ID.
That info is the device’s IP address or DDNS. To find the correct number, you must look through its manual, package, or system settings.
Get Other Info
Moreover, you will also need to enter the client port, username, and password.
Those are not info you must decide, but which are already given and you must inform correctly.
Here is how to find them:
- The client port is a value provided by the DVR. If you haven’t changed it, then you need to type in “9000.”
- The username and password are defaulted on your device’s user guide.
Solution #3: Connect Your DVR Correctly
Did the Lorex Eco Stratus connect fail? Perhaps you haven’t connected your recorder to the network correctly.
Its Ethernet cable is damaged, badly connected, or there is some issue with the Wi-Fi in case you are using it.
Address The Ethernet
Ethernet is the best way of connecting your recorder if you have a large security system.
That way, it is almost impossible for it to lose connection.
But if it can’t connect to the Eco Stratus, you should do this:
- Ensure the Ethernet cable is connected to the right LAN port (on the router).
- Disconnect the cable and clean both ports if you think it is necessary.
- Check, on the system, if the recorder shows up as connected.
- It is a good idea to use a different Ethernet cable if it doesn’t.
Suppose you want to remove dust and other debris that impacts electronic devices.
In that case, you should use an anti-static brush and isopropyl alcohol.
Address The Wi-Fi
Newer Lorex recorders can connect via Wi-Fi.
As discussed already, it is important both your recorder and phone access the same Wi-Fi network.
So do the following:
- Open the recorder’s settings.
- Navigate to the network.
- Check which Wi-Fi your recorder is connected to.
- It must be the same as your phone.
Remember that the Wi-Fi you choose to connect the system must match the frequency supported by your cameras (5GHz or 2.4GHz).
Solution #4: Clear The App Cache
Another common reason behind apps not working as they should is the cache data.
For example, if you’ve already used your Lorex Eco Stratus for a while, it has built up cache data. Such data might have become corrupted.
It could also be too much data already, which makes it harder for the app to process. So do the following:
- Open your Android phone’s settings
- Locate the “Applications” tab.
- Click on the Eco Stratus app.
- Tap on its “Storage.”
- Click on “Clear Cache.”
Once the cache is clear, you must go to the app again and try to connect.
Note: In the “Storage” section, you will see the “Clear Data” option. If you click, it will delete all info from the app. That option is valid if you don’t want to log in again. However, you will lose data about devices already set up.
Solution #5 Update The App
Unfortunately, the Lorex Eco Stratus app is unavailable on the Google Play Store.
Because of that, your app is likely outdated, which makes it unable to connect to your devices.
To update it, you need to do the following:
- Hold the Lorex Eco Stratus app on your phone.
- Click on “Uninstall.”
- Go to the Lorex site.
- Download the latest version of the Lorex Eco Stratus apk.
- Tap on the file when it finishes downloading.
- Select to install.
Once you have installed the app, it should be able to connect to your devices.
Allow APK Installation
Perhaps you have selected to install the app, but your phone can’t install it.
Then you must do the following:
- Open the device’s Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Tap on “Apps & Notifications.”
- Look for “Advanced.”
- Find “Apps From Unknown Sources” and allow it.
Solution #6: Reset The Camera(s)
Perhaps you are not using a recorder, meaning you will directly connect your Eco Stratus app to one or more cameras.
You might want to troubleshoot the cameras if the issue is not on the app or phone.
Let’s reset your camera:
- Find the reset button on the camera’s back.
- Hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the chime sound.
- A green LED should flash.
Note: The green LED must flash! If it stays solid green, the reset procedure hasn't gone through. In that case, start over.
Solution #7: Reset Your Recorder
Your recorder (NVR or DVR) is a part of the Lorex ecosystem that must work fine to connect to the Eco Stratus app.
Thus, resetting its settings could be necessary to allow your phone to connect to it and the cameras.
To access your recorder’s system, do the following:
- Right-click anywhere on the display.
- Choose the “main menu” option.
- Inform your password.
- Select the hammer and screwdriver icon.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Look for the “Default” option.
- Click on the box that stands for “Factory default.”
- Click on “Apply” and “OK.”
- Wait for the system to restart.
After the system restarts, return to your Eco Stratus app and see if you can connect without further issues.
The Lorex eco stratus app failed to connect because of mismanagement of the configurations or hardware.
But all the solutions laid down above will help you set everything just as it needs to be.
We have plenty of other articles covering the Lorex system!
- Lorex Motion Detection Too Sensitive? – (Quick Fix Guide) - September 13, 2023
- Lorex Eco Stratus App Failed To Connect? – (Proven Solutions) - September 13, 2023
- Disney Plus Not Opening On iPad? – (Here’s How to Fix) - September 13, 2023