When JVC TV won’t change input you should undertake a few solutions that will target all possibilities related to the problem.
In most cases, when you’re unable to change inputs, the problem translates to a simple interface bug that can be easily solved by performing a restart.
However, this is not always the case so let’s investigate where the problem could be coming from.
JVC TV won’t change inputs when the caption box is enabled or when the interface is frozen. To solve the issue you’ll need to perform a hard reset, apply any pending firmware updates and reconnect the source to the input.
Not being able to switch between the inputs of your JVC TV could be really frustrating.
Such a problem could occur when your JVC TV is experiencing software complications.
However, there are plenty of solutions to attempt so let’s jump right in!
After a thorough investigation, users figured out that your JVC TV will sometimes refuse to change inputs due to the enabled caption box.
This bug can cause interference with the TV’s ability to switch between inputs and by disabling it, you should get this problem resolved.
Here’s how to disable the caption box on your JVC TV in easy steps:
- Ensure that the JVC TV is running and grab your remote.
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- Select “Display” and wait for the set of options to appear.
- Choose “Closed Captions” then push the “Down” button.
- Once the closed captions button is “OFF” exit the menu.
Tip: If you wish to re-enable the caption box, head back to the same settings and change the selection button to “ON” using your remote.
Updating the firmware of your JVC TV will help resolve any software failures with your current version.
Since the input problem can also be caused by issues with the firmware of the device, by updating, you should be able to resolve the problem.
Here’s how to update the firmware of your JVC TV in easy steps:
- Using your JVC TV remote, navigate to the home screen.
- Scroll downwards in the home menu and press the settings icon.
- Next, head to the “System” tab by pressing the “OK” key on your remote.
- Scroll down and choose “More”.
- Click on “Software Upgrade” under the “More” section.
- Tap “Scan for Upgrade” and wait for the checker to detect newer software versions.
- If any updates are found, press the “Update” button to apply them.
Note: As a result of the update, your TV may restart, but make sure not to shut it down or unplug it from the power for the time being.
Assuming that you have a device (console, cable box, or streaming stick) plugged into the input, it may be problematic and that’s why the TV won’t let you switch the source.
To fix this problem, you should reconnect the problematic device from the entry and then test changing the inputs.
Ensure to keep the device unplugged at least for a minute or two and then reattach it back to the respective input.
Verify that you’re then selecting the correct source that matches the input in the TV’s menu later. If selecting the incorrect source, your JVC TV will still not let you change the input.
Alert: You should also attempt to plug the device into a couple of different inputs and test switching the source in the TV’s menu.
Typically, there are two types of resets you can do to your TV. The first one is the hard reset which essentially discharges the device and the second one is the factory reset.
In this solution, you should execute the hard reset to solve the problem by changing the inputs.
Here’s how to hard reset your JVC TV in easy steps:
- Using your JVC TV remote, press the power button to shut off the TV.
- Next, unplug the TV’s power adapter from the wall outlet.
- Standby for 5 minutes while the TV is unplugged from the power.
- Re-attach the power adapter after 5 minutes.
- Attempt to change the inputs of your TV.
Alert: Make sure to keep your TV unplugged for no less than 5 minutes for the hard reset to work properly.
If nothing from our solutions worked out, you should perform a factory reset on your JVC TV.
That will wipe out all of the software configurations, along with the bug that’s preventing you from changing the inputs on your JVC TV.
If you’re ready to factory reset your JVC TV, here’s how to do it:
- Using your JVC TV unit’s remote, press the home button.
- Enter the settings tab.
- Look for an option labeled with “Reset System/Factory Reset”.
- Press that option and choose “Erase Everything”.
- Confirm the factory reset with the “Proceed/Confirm” button that will show up.
- Wait for the factory reset to be complete.
Alert: Same as with the software update, your TV will also restart. Don’t unplug it from the power to avoid further software complications.
If you’ve lost your JVC TV remote or it simply isn’t working, you can change the input on the device by using the side buttons.
These navigation buttons have been implemented by the manufacturers of the TV with this exact goal – to use your TV without a remote.
Here’s how to change the input setting on your JVC TV without using a remote:
- Make sure that your TV is plugged in and is working.
- Go to the left-back side of the JVC TV and search for the side buttons.
- Once you’ve found the side buttons, press the “Channel Up” button.
- Once moving through the channel listing, press the “Channel Down” to scroll through the listings.
- Once situated on the “INPUT” button within the channel listings, press the “Input/Enter” button to select.
- Use Channel UP/DOWN to select the correct input.
- Finally, use the “Input/Enter” button to select the correct input on your TV.
Keep in mind that for the input to work, you must have a device connected to it.
Regardless of the input type, a device must be connected to display its picture or transmit the sound to your JVC TV.
Tip: If you wish to deselect the input, perform the exact steps above but choose “Watch TV” instead of “INPUTS”.
The JVC TV won’t change input when there is an interface problem or when the caption box is enabled. Proceed with reconnecting the source or using another input for your device. Conclude the solution guide by performing a factory reset on your JVC TV.
Read Next: Why Won’t My JVC TV Connect To WiFi?
After learning what to do when JVC TV won’t change input, follow our solutions to successfully change the inputs.
You can always contact the JVC support to acquire more information and possibly a solution.
In case you’ve got other TV inquiries that you need to fix, make sure to check for a solution in our technical blog.
- Blink Live View Not Supported? – Complete Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- Chefman Electric Kettle Won’t Turn On? – Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- How to Fix Nanit Night Vision Not Working? – Complete Fix! - December 3, 2022