If you encounter a Hitachi TV won’t turn on red light flashing issue, you don’t have to panic.
There may be a power outlet malfunction or damaged power cord, but nothing that you can’t fix on your own.
When this happens, check your power cables for damage. Plug your Hitachi TV into a different power outlet if you find no damage. You can also check if the power outlet is functional by plugging another device into the outlet. If it works, then you are sure the power outlet is working.
Paying attention to your Hitachi TV’s light flashing signals and codes is crucial.
It is of great help if you understand what causes the problem to apply the appropriate solutions.
If your Hitachi TV won’t turn on and you see a red light flashing, consider it a warning.
Hitachi TVs are designed to give signals whenever there is an issue to troubleshoot. This helps prevent further damage by calling the attention of users.
When you see a red light flashing on your Hitachi TV, first, check the power outlet where you plug your TV.
Check if there is power by plugging another electrical device in the socket. If the other device does not work, you know the problem is a malfunctioning power outlet.
Another likely reason your Hitachi Tv won’t turn on is a damaged power cord.
Check the power cord for signs of any physical damage. A broken cord can cause your Hitachi TV to malfunction.
Your Hitachi TV will also flash a red light if it detects a fault in its capacitors on the power supply board.
The flashing of light works out as a preventive measure to avert potential damage to your device.
If you are using a remote control to turn on your Hitachi TV, check if the batteries have enough power to operate. Better yet, replace the batteries altogether.
Finally, check for circuit breakers or fuses on the back of the TV. Reactivate the circuit breaker or replace the fuse to make sure.
Now that you know why Hitachi TV red light blinking appears, you can apply the appropriate solution to the problem.
Follow these steps carefully to fix your Hitachi TV issue:
If the cause of your Hitachi TV won’t turn on is a defective power outlet, use a different power outlet to power your device.
- Plug in another device to check if b is present on the current outlet.
- If the other device does not turn on too, plug in your Hitachi TV to another outlet.
- Turn on your Hitachi TV and see if it is working.
Note: Some of the devices you can use to check for power are your portable radio and smartphone charger.
If the power outlet is working, check the power cables of your Hitachi TV for any signs of physical damage. A broken cord can cause your device to malfunction.
- Unplug the power cable from the outlet.
- Turn OFF the power at the fuse box or circuit breaker.
- Look for signs such as wire shielding pulling away from the plug, black smudges or burn marks, cracks in the shielding or exposed wires, or pinched or bent parts of the wire.
- If you see the above signs of physical damage, replace the power cables.
Note: Before inspecting your power cables for damage, unplug them from the power outlet.
If the above solutions do not work, try a power reset.
- Turn OFF your Hitachi TV.
- Take OFF the TV power outlet.
- Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power.
- Release the Power button.
- Turn ON the TV and check if it turns on OK.
Note: A power cycle will often fix most Hitachi TV problems. If it doesn’t work, try performing a manual reset.
Performing a manual reset will delete all the data and settings of your Hitachi TV. This may resolve your red flashing issue.
- Hold the Menu and Volume Down button on the side of the TV.
- While holding these, press the Power button on the side of the TV. The blue light should come ON and stay ON.
- Wait for 10 seconds, then let go of Menu and Volume Down buttons.
- Wait another 30 seconds. You will see some type of picture.
Note: If this does not work, unplug your TV for 10 minutes. Hold the power button for 60 seconds, then plug in and turn on the device again.
A faulty capacitor can cause further problems with your TV. It can damage your power supply board or lead to more complex issues.
- Unscrew your Hitachi TV to access the power supply board.
- Carefully check every capacitor and look for faulty ones (those with bulged heads).
- Carefully replace faulty capacitors using a soldering iron.
- Connect all wires and replace the power supply board.
- See if the problem resolves.
Note: If this method does not work, contact a Hitachi service personnel.
Do not further attempt to fix the issue if you don’t have knowledge and experience in fixing Hitachi TV hardware.
If you have tried all the above solutions, but your Hitachi TV won’t still turn on, and you keep seeing flashing red lights, it is time to contact Hitachi support.
You can call their customer service department, chat with an agent, or send an email to ask for further assistance.
- Go to Hitachi Support Page.
- Click on a category related to your concern.
- Choose Smart Audio-Visual Products and Consumer Electronics.
- Select a product or load the inquiry page.
Note: Hitachi follows a systematic approach to resolve the issues faced by consumers.
They also have dedicated support departments to ensure your complete satisfaction.
The most likely reason your Hitachi TV won’t turn on and all you get is a flashing red light is a defective device. There may be damage to the cables or the capacitors. Make sure the wires are intact and the power supply board is working. If you are still experiencing the issue, perform a power cycle or manually reset your device.
If your Hitachi TV won’t turn on red light flashing, this post will help you understand the cause of the problem. You will also learn the quick fixes you can perform to solve the issue.
If the problem is within the Hitachi TV hardware, do not further attempt to fix it. Contact their Customer Service Department for further assistance.
If you find this post useful, but you have another problem with your Hitachi TV set up, browse through our blog, and you will surely find what you are looking for.
- Bosch Dishwasher Not Cleaning Well? – Here’s How to Fix - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Error 9 Easily? - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Wyze Plug Flashing Blue Light? – Complete Guide - November 24, 2022