Wondering why is Discord not working on iPhone? Well, the Discord application for iOS can stop working in multiple ways.
Anything including internet issues, app cache problems, or issues with the software files ultimately prevents the app from working, so let’s unveil more!
Discord will not work on your iPhone in case of an issue with the cellular or wireless internet connection.
Also, any activated VPN service, outdated versions of the Discord app or iPhone, and enabled suppression modes prevent the Discord app from working.
Let’s learn more!
Why is Discord Not Working On iOS?
Whether Discord isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad, the problem is usually caused by the same thing.
Although it is unusual for Discord to randomly stop working, the problem is often associated with the internet connection of the Apple device or the cache of the Discord app.
Here are the main causes for Discord issues on iPhone:
- Problems with the app cache on your iPhone.
- Wi-Fi or cellular iPhone connection problems.
- Outdated firmware version of the Discord app.
- Temporal Discord server outage/maintenance.
- Active VPN service is impacting the connection.
- Active iPhone “DND” mode or Airplane feature.
Discord iPhone Not Working – 7 Proven Ways to Fix!
1. Toggle the Airplane Mode!
Temporal network or functionality issues with the iPhone can be fixed by toggling the Airplane mode.
When activated, the Airplane mode restricts the cellular service on the iOS device and deactivates all network features temporarily, until the feature is disabled, which is a refresh.
Follow these instructions to toggle airplane mode ON and OFF easily:
- Launch the Control Centre on the iOS Apple device.
- Tip: Swipe up or down from the screen top or bottom.
- Tap once on the Airplane Icon in the options bubble.
- Wait for 15 seconds with airplane mode enabled.
- Press on the Airplane Icon again, to stop the mode.
- Attempt to access Discord on your iPhone device.
Note: While the airplane mode is on, your iPhone’s reception will be temporarily offline!
2. Check the Internet Connection
Unstable Wi-Fi or cellular connection will prevent the iPhone device from accessing both the Discord app and Discord’s browser version.
To resolve this problem, you should check if the iPhone is securely connected to the Wi-Fi network or whether the cellular reception is proper.
How to Check Wi-Fi Connection On iPhone?
- Open the settings on your iPhone device.
- Press the “Wi-Fi” option at the top of the page.
- Choose a network from the list and connect.
How to Check Cellular Connection On iPhone?
- Access the settings of the iOS Apple device.
- Press the “Mobile Data” option from the list.
- Make sure the “Mobile Data” is set to “ON”.
|iPhone Can’t Connect to WiFi?||iPhone Can’t Connect to Cellular?|
|Power cycle the network (WiFi) router(unplug from power for 60 seconds)||Move into an area that has coverage(go outside or elevate your position)|
|Reboot the iPhone (Shutdown and then Power On)||Reboot the “Mobile Data” feature(simply toggle the feature on and off)|
|Reduce the network bandwidth usage(Disconnect unused devices)||Reinsert the SIM card of the iPhone(use the SIM ejector tool to remote SIM)|
|Relocate the network WiFi router(Close the distance proximity)||Reset the network settings(Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone)|
|Reconnect the service cable(Ethernet or optical)||Verify your mobile data income(there could be a cellular outage)|
Tip: If you’re experiencing issues with the home WiFi/cellular, contact the service provider!
3. Update the Discord Application
Your access to Discord will be denied if the application is running on an outdated firmware version.
This method will teach you how to check for pending firmware updates and how to update the Discord application on your iPhone device in easy steps…
Here’s how to update the Discord app to the latest firmware version:
- Access the App Store on your iPhone device.
- Select the search tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Type “Discord” and press the “Search” button.
- Select the Discord app from the results list.
- Press the “Update” button if it is available.
- Wait for the application to finish the update.
Note: When Discord is up to date, there will be an “Open” button instead of an “Update”!
4. Clean Up Stored/Cached Data
The cached data is the primary culprit whenever Discord not working on iPhone. This data is used by the device to speed up the performance by keeping login details and activity logs.
Well, in rare cases this data causes the opposite – performance issues, especially when it’s corrupted.
How to Clear iPhone Discord App Cache?
- Apply these steps if you’re having issues with the Discord application!
- Launch the Settings application on the iPhone device.
- Scroll down through the settings and press “Discord”.
- Then, simply scroll to the bottom of the settings page.
- Press “Clear temp data on next start” and exit the tab.
- Launch Discord and check if the platform now works.
Note: If your device uses iOS 16 or later, jump to the next solution!
How to Clear iPhone Website Data Cache?
- Apply these steps if you’re having issues with Discord’s web version!
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Press “iPhone Storage” then “Safari”.
- Choose “Remove All Website Data” next.
- Confirm the action with “Remove Now”.
- Launch Safari and then test Discord.
Note: Clear the iPhone’s app cache often to maintain the proper performance speeds!
5. Offload the Discord App (No Data Loss)
To fix any corrupted data with the Discord application, you should offload the platform from your iPhone.
It is a temporary action that allows the iPhone to scan all files of Discord and detect any fatal issues with the data that could be causing the problem.
Follow these instructions to offload the Discord app on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone device.
- Scroll down and press the “General” button next.
- Then, find and select the “iPhone Storage” option.
- Wait for the iPhone to complete the applications scan.
- Scroll down and locate the Discord application in the list.
- Once the Discord app’s page opens, press “Offload App”.
- Press “Offload App” again, to confirm the action and wait.
Alert: The Discord application will be temporarily unfunctional while it is offloaded.
6. Deactivate VPN Connections
Active VPN services may restrict your iPhone’s access to both the web version of Discord and the mobile application.
To make sure there are no active regional restrictions for your iPhone and Discord, you should deactivate a Virtual Private Network (VPN) on your iOS device.
Note: All iOS devices have an in-built VPN that can be connected and utilized!
How to Deactivate In-Built iPhone VPN?
- Follow these steps if you activate the in-built VPN on your iPhone!
- Access the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to the “VPN” tab from the list.
- Press the activation button to switch VPN to “Off”.
How to Deactivate Third-Party iPhone VPN?
- Follow these steps if you’ve downloaded third-party VPN software!
- Access the VPN application from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Go to the Control Settings of the VPN platform and locate the options.
- Press the “Deactivate” or “Turn off” button to temporarily disable the VPN.
Alert: Keep the VPN service deactivated until the issue with Discord is resolved!
7. Reinstall Discord on your iPhone
Perhaps, removing Discord from your iPhone and then reinstalling it will resolve the issue with ease.
Hence, this method will uncover the most efficient steps to uninstall the Discord app from your iPhone and then re-add the platform cleanly, in a matter of seconds!
Here’s how to reinstall the Discord app on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app of the iPhone.
- Locate the Discord app from the list.
- Press the on the app and scroll down.
- Press the “Uninstall” button and wait.
- Access the App Store on the iPhone.
- Locate and download the Discord app.
Alert: Uninstalling Discord will sign you out from your account so you need to sign in!
Bonus Tip: Access Discord Online!
If you couldn’t access the Discord application after attempting all of our solutions, you should check if the web Discord version will work on your iPhone.
Access the Safari browser and type “Discord.gg” before pressing the “Search” button.
Next, sign in with your account credentials and check if the browser version is working. If yes, then you would need another iOS device to test the application on.
If you don’t have an Apple device, we recommend performing a factory reset on your Apple device, to begin freshly!
Hence, to fix when Discord not working on iPhone, offload the application temporarily and thoroughly inspect the iPhone’s internet connection. Furthermore, remove the Discord app entirely and perform a clean installation from the official iOS App Store!
Follow us for more helpful troubleshooting content!
Read Next: How To Stream Movies On Discord?
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023