Is your Discord not loading on some of your devices even after you have been using it recently? This problem is actually not an unknown issue. In fact, many people are experiencing it way too often than some and are already giving up on it.
In case you are a part of that demographic, you are just on the right page at the right time. In this post, we will be focusing on fixing that problem.
The best part about that is we’ll be covering how to fix it on an iPhone, a computer; or if your Discord Stream is not loading!
Why Discord Stream is not Loading
To be frank, there’s not an exact cause why you’re experiencing this. Some people speculate that this could be because of the program you have; or their software itself; it could be anything.
However, here are some of the most common reasons why it’s not opening:
- Version is Outdated
- Corrupt System Files of the Windows System
- Session You Had Previously Wasn’t Closed Properly
- Internet or Network Connections
- And Many More
Why is My Discord Not Loading on PC?
Are you experiencing an error on your computer? There could actually be a heap of problems why it’s not opening.
But, if it makes you feel better, you’re not alone. In fact, there are hundreds, if not thousands of people that experience this every single day.
So how do you fix it?
Fix 1. Power Cycle Your Device and Your Network
It might not be because of the software itself – it can be due to your network!
- Shut down your computer completely and remove power flowing through it
- While it’s shutting down, unplug the power cable of the router or the modem
- Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute before you reinsert the power cable back to your computer and your modem.
- Turn your modem or router on first, then the computer
Doing this refreshes your device’s connection to your computer, as well as your network to the tower.
Fix 2. Disengage the Voice Chat App Completely
The next step you have to do is to directly end the program from the task manager. Closing it is not enough because background connection runs. You can do this by hitting on Cltr + Alt + Del > Processes > End Task.
Alternatively, you can go to the Command Prompt (CMD) then type this in taskkill /F /IM discord.exe.
Fix 3. Clean Both LocalAppData and the AppData
The next thing you have to do is to clear out both the AppData and the LocalAppData of the program.
When the program is closed, do the following:
- Hit on the Windows + R to open up the Run functionality
- Then, on that field, type in %appdata%
- Hit on Enter or click the OK button.
Doing so will redirect you to a new window. Locate the program’s folder there and delete it.
Fix 4. Scan for Proxies
What you must do lastly is to check your system’s proxy. Many users have reported that one of the main problems on why the sudden error is happening is due to a VPNs. Follow these steps to help you with your dilemma.
- Search for the Control Panel of your laptop or computer
- From there, hit on Network and Internet, then enter the tab that says Internet Options
- You’ll see multiple rows, you just have to find Connections > LAN Settings
- Find the tab that says Use a Proxy Server for LAN. By default, that’ll be ticked – untick it
- Hit OK first before clicking on Apply
This is the comprehensive guide on how you can resolve the problem of Discord not loading on PC. This should free you from your worries of it not opening on your PC.
Discord Not Loading on iPhone
So we’ve resolved your problem of it not opening on your computer. Let’s know take on the steps to fix it on your iPhone.
Fix 1. Offload Option
The first thing you need to do is to offload the app. Offloading means that you’ll remove the storage it has on your phone.
To do this, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Then, you’d have to locate the app, hit on it, and click on Offload App.
Fix 2. Uninstall the Voice Chat App
Next, what you want to do is to remove and erase the program from your phone completely.
You can easily do this by going to the app itself, Press + Hold it until the option that says Remove App comes.
Click on it and you’ll be able to uninstall it completely!
Fix 3. Restart Your Phone
The next step you have to do is to restart your phone. You can do this by pressing and holding the lock button for at least 5 seconds.
It’ll show you a prompt that says slide to power off. Slide it and wait ‘til your phone is turned off. Turn it on again after 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Fix 4. Download the Program Again
When your phone is turned on again, follow these steps to re-download it:
- Visit the App Store and find Discord
- Hit on download and wait for it to be installed on your phone
That’s the second way to fix your problem of Discord not loading, but on a different device.
Fixing Discord Stream Not Loading
So, you’re able to open it already, congratulations! Only one problem, though – the stream isn’t working. You’re not able to screen share – how do you fix it?
Erase Cached Folder
So, the first thing you have to do is to erase the cache folder of the voice chat app. You can do this by following these steps:
- Hit on Windows + R to access the Run function
- Type in %appdata% on the field and hit on OK
- Locate the Discord folder, right-click it and press on Delete
Uninstall the Program
What you need to do next is to remove it from your device. If you are using a MAC, go to Finder > Applications > Right-Click and Delete.
But if you are using Windows, go to Control Panel and find Uninstall a Program. Locate the program there and uninstall.
Reinstall the Program
You have now deleted its AppData and its cache, and you have removed it from your device. What you need to do next is to reinstall it.
Download it again by going to their website.
Disable Latest Technology Option
- After deleting the cache, open Discord and hit on Settings
- Navigate through the Voice & Video Tab
- Find and untick the field that says Use Our Latest Technology to Capture Your Screen
This should solve your problem; there is no better way to fix it than this!
So, we have covered how to fix your dilemma of Discord not loading on your computer, your iOS device, and how you can resolve the error of you not being able to stream it.
Following this comprehensive guide can help you get your favorite voice chat app working again!
- How Do I Know When My Ring Battery is Fully Charged? - September 22, 2021
- Can You Browse The Internet On A Smart TV? Quick Guide - September 22, 2021
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV? - September 22, 2021