So is the Chromecast icon not showing up on your iPhone? We will help you!
Chromecast is an incredible tool developed by Google. However, iPhone users might struggle with it since Chromecast is more of an Android family feature.
To resolve the issue of the Chromecast icon not showing on your iPhone, ensure both devices are on the same network, sync their clocks, and check the iPhone’s settings.
Additionally, check if all devices involved are updated or reset the Chromecast device to its factory defaults.
Below we will talk about all the available solutions to the problem!
Chromecast Icon Not Showing Up On iPhone – 9 Solutions
1. Check The Network Settings
The first thing you need to know about casting from one device to another is that both must be connected to the same network.
So if you have more than one router at home, ensure that your iPhone and your TV, computer, or any other device are connected to the same router.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on both devices;
- Check the frequency of the network they are connected to;
- You probably need to connect both to the 5GHz network.
Perhaps you constantly connect your iPhone to the 2.4GHz network to communicate with other smart devices. However, casting requires plenty of data consumption, so both devices should use 5GHz.
2. Restart The Device
Depending on the type of device you are using to receive the cast from your iPhone, it is worth restarting it.
If it is a computer, we recommend first disconnecting it from the network and connecting it again.
On TV, however, it is a good idea to do the following:
- Unplug your TV from the wall;
- Wait a minute;
- Plug it again.
Some brands recommend pressing the power button for up to 15 seconds while the TV is off. That power cycles the device completely.
3. Sync The Clock
Perhaps you have never noticed, but your TV also has a clock that tells the time, just like your phone and PC.
Sometimes, different devices get the time data from different sources. They may have one or two minutes of discrepancy even within the same time zone.
- Go to your TV’s settings;
- Locate “date and time” options;
- Confirm that you want to adjust the time settings;
- Check your phone for the exact time;
- Adjust the TV accordingly.
Suppose you are concerned about the exact time of your timezone. In that case, you can type “current time” on Google, and it will show up immediately. Then you can adjust all of your devices.
Note: Why does this make a difference? It makes a difference because some applications are dependent upon time synchronicity.
4. Check The Cast Settings On Your iPhone
Sometimes you might need to enable some settings on your iPhone before being able to see the Chromecast icon automatically.
Some privacy or safety settings might bar the immediate configuration of the settings.
- Go to the iPhone’s Settings;
- Select the Cast icon;
- Adjust the Cast settings according to your preferences;
- Remember to allow the overall Chromecast option.
Check Location Services
Your iPhone might classify the Chromecast feature as a location service.
In that case, doing this will be necessary:
- Go to the iPhone’s “Settings”;
- Find “Privacy”;
- Click on “Location Services”;
- Toggle it to “On”;
- Find Arlo Secure;
- Ensure it has access to location data.
Solution #5: Update Your Chromecast Device
Depending on your Chromecast setup, you must update the dongle or the TV.
If no dongle is being used and your TV supports Chromecast, you will need to do something similar to this:
- Find the TV’s settings;
- Look for “Software info”;
- Choose “Check for updates”;
- Confirm that you want to install the update.
There are many TV brands, but the path above is roughly the same for every model.
Update The Dongle
If your TV doesn’t support Chromecast natively and you are using a dongle, you need to do the following to update it:
- Open the Google Home app on your phone;
- Locate your Chromecast device;
- Tap its gear icon;
- Scroll down and check the firmware version;
- Compare it to the latest firmware version on the Google Chromecast site;
There is no “update” button on the app.
However, if you check that your Chromecast dongle is outdated, rebooting it will prompt an auto-update:
- Go back to the device settings (where you checked the firmware version);
- Tap the three horizontal dots;
- Choose “Reboot”;
6. Update Your iPhone
Perhaps the Chromecast functionality is now showing up on your iPhone simply because it lacks an important update.
If you have noticed that other features are also lacking or glitching recently, that is very likely.
Do the following:
- Plug your iPhone into power;
- Go to its Settings;
- Tap on “General”;
- Choose “Software Update”;
- If available, choose to install it.
Tip: It is important not to skip updates when the phone prompts you about them. Moreover, it is a good idea to set updates to automatic.
7. Enable AirPlay And Chromecast
Sometimes the TV you want to cast to will only receive casting if it has AirPlay enabled.
AirPlay is Apple’s technology that allows easy data transmission between devices.
If your TV has AirPlay, you might need to turn it on via the TV’s settings:
- Open the TV’s settings;
- Go to “General settings”;
- Locate “AirPlay”;
- Allow AirPlay to remain active.
Check Chromecast Availability
Are you sure that your TV has Chromecast as an available feature? Also, in that case, the feature might not be enabled.
So do the following:
- Open the TV’s settings;
- Go to “General settings”;
- Locate “Chromecast”;
- Allow Chromecast to remain active.
Note: Chromecast active on your TV will enable many apps on your iPhone to cast to the TV. However, you must ensure you are trying to cast from a Chromecast-enabled app!
8. Download AirBeamTV
Perhaps your TV is not wholly compatible with Chromecast or Apple devices. The other way around could be true.
Fortunately, third-party experts have developed an app called AirBeamTV. It allows iPhone owners to cast content into any TV.
- Go to the AppStore;
- Download AirBeamTV;
- Open the app and give it the necessary permissions;
- Turn your TV on;
- Open any streaming service on your phone;
- Allow AirBeamTV to transmit to the TV.
Like Chromecast or AirPlay, AirBeamTV also requires you to have the iPhone and TV on the same network. After that, the app will detect the TV automatically and prompt you to share the content.
9. Reset The Chromecast Device
Finally, it might be necessary to reset the device in which Chromecast should be working but is not. It is a good idea to test if other devices can’t cast to it too.
If that is the case, do the following:
- Go to the TV’s settings;
- Look for “System” or “About”;
- Look for “factory reset”/” reset”/” erase data”;
- Follow the steps until the TV is reset.
Note that resetting your TV will get rid of everything in it.
Reset The Dongle
If your Chromecast device is a dongle, you need to do this:
- Find the button on your Chromecast;
- Hold the button down;
- Let go of the button after 30 seconds;
- Wait for it to factory reset completely.
Note: Resetting should be very quick. If the process is taking very long, the device might have glitched. Then, turn it off completely and try again.
What We Learned
The chromecast icon not showing up on iPhone can be caused by different conditions not being met.
In the above, we have helped you identify and address the issue accordingly. We hope that you can cast your shows from now on!
For more info to troubleshoot Chromecast issues, check the rest of the site!
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023
- How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Menu Button Easily? - September 10, 2023