Why is Chromecast not showing up on Spotify? This guide will explain everything!
Spotify users have a great benefit as they can promptly cast the music from their Spotify app to the Chromecast device.
The hectic situation comes when the Chromecast device does not show up in the Spotify app for casting so if you’re in the same situation, you are not alone…
If your Chromecast device does not show up in the Spotify app, restart the Chromecast, network router, and audio source (Spotify) device.
Then connect all of them to the same and working WiFi network and in case that doesn’t help, you need to troubleshoot!
Let’s discuss some more details about Spotify Chromecast!
Why is My Chromecast Not Showing Up on Spotify?
Several factors, such as poor network connectivity, outdated software, and bad configuration, can prevent the Chromecast device from showing up on Spotify.
Let’s unwrap everything:
- Network issues between Chromecast and Spotify.
- Chromecast is not on the same Wi-Fi as Spotify.
- Outdated firmware of Chromecast or Spotify app.
- The internet connection is weak or inconsistent.
- Chromecast is not properly set up or configured.
- Large distance between Spotify and Chromecast.
- Spotify app’s storage or cache files are corrupted.
Can You Cast Spotify to Chromecast?
Yes, the Spotify app is compatible with Chromecast. You can cast Spotify music to a Chromecast device directly to your TV or speakers using the Spotify Android or iOS app on your mobile or PC.
You can also use Spotify’s Web Player to Chromecast Spotify music to your devices.
How Fix When Chromecast is Not Showing Up on Spotify?
There is a chance the problem is not just with the Spotify app, but with your Chromecast device.
To narrow down the culprit, we recommend checking whether other apps such as Netflix or YouTube can discover and cast content on your Chromecast to verify the issues’ origin.
1. Force Restart the Spotify App
Force-restarting an app typically helps with temporary issues and it’s easy to perform.
So the first step should be to restart the Spotify app, which doesn’t delete any of the app’s settings!
For Android and iOS Mobile:
- Double-click the Home button to access the app switcher.
- Swipe the switcher right or left to find the Spotify app.
- Press on the Spotify app and swipe up from the screen.
- Alternatively, press the “Close” or “X“ button from the bottom.
- Wait for 10 to 15 seconds and then relaunch the Spotify app.
Windows or Mac Device:
- Navigate to the Action Bar on the macOS 10+ operating system.
- Right-click on the Spotify app icon from the menu list.
- Locate and tap on “Quit” or “Exit” from the context menu.
- Wait for 10 to 15 seconds and then reopen the Spotify app.
When all devices are freshly restarted and powered on, then go to the Devices section in the Spotify app and check for the Chromecast option…
2. Check the WiFi Connectivity
The next thing you should do is check the network connection on Chromecast and your Spotify mobile device.
Since you can only cast Spotify to Chromecast if both instances are on the same and working WiFi, it’s important to check this major concern first.
Note: Make sure your Chromecast device is plugged in and powered on!
WiFi Connection Steps for Chromecast:
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile.
- Press on your Chromecast device tile to select.
- Check for the Wi-Fi network name under settings.
Note: Ensure the network name matches the Wi-Fi network to which your phone is connected.
WiFi Connection Steps for Spotify Mobile:
- Open the Settings of your mobile.
- Click on the WiFi section from the list.
- Check the Wi-Fi SSID network name.
When you are sure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network, the final step is to verify the workability of this WiFi.
Use your mobile device to surf the web and identify whether there are any ongoing issues and in response you should reboot your router to refresh the WiFi.
Tip: If you're using a VPN or proxy connection on your casting device, try disabling it for a while!
3. Power Cycle Chromecast Setup!
Sometimes Chromecast audio not showing up on Spotify due to issues or bugs with any of your devices, including your router, Chromecast, and audio source device.
However, in this case, a quick restart of each device is an ideal fix so let’s jump into the power cycle steps!
Power Cycle the Chromecast Device:
- Unplug the power cable from the Chromecast device.
- Leave the dongle unplugged for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Firmly reconnect the power cable back to Chromecast.
Note: If your Chromecast is connected to a TV, try plugging it directly into a power outlet!
Power Cycle Wireless Network Router:
- Unplug the WiFi router and modem from the power source.
- Disconnect the router’s cables to reset the faulty connection.
- Leave the WiFi router unplugged for about 60 seconds straight.
- Lastly, re-establish your router or router/modem combo setup.
Power Cycle the Spotify Player Device:
- For Mobile and Tablet: Long press the Power button > Restart.
- For PC and Laptop: Go to the Start Menu > Power Icon > Restart.
Note: When your device is back online, open the Spotify app and see if the Chromecast device is now available for casting.
4. Update Spotify & Chromecast
If you have an older Chromecast model or your Chromecast is running on outdated firmware, you will most likely have trouble casting Spotify due to software incompatibility.
You can tackle this problem easily by updating your Chromecast and the Spotify app software to a recent one.
Note: Ensure your smartphone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network!
Here is how to update the Chromecast and Spotify app:
How to Update the Spotify Mobile App?
- For Mobile and Tablets:
- Launch the App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for “Spotify” from the magnifying glass.
- If an update is available, press “Update“.
- For PC or Laptop:
- Open the Spotify application on your computer device.
- Click on “Spotify” or “Help” from the top menu bar.
- Select the option “Check for Updates” or “About Spotify“.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to update the app.
- When the update is complete, relaunch Spotify and test.
How to Update the Chromecast Dongle?
- Update Chromecast with Google TV:
- Head over to the Google TV home screen.
- Go to TV Settings and click on System.
- Tap on the About tile and then click on the System Update.
- If an update is available, press the Update button to update.
- Update Chromecast with Google Home App:
- Open the Google Home app and select your Chromecast device.
- Tap on the gear icon from the upper right corner to access settings.
- Locate and press on the three horizontal dots icon from the top right.
- Choose the Reboot option from the pop-up menu to update Chromecast.
- Your Chromecast device will shut down itself and automatically update.
As soon as your Chromecast device and Spotify app run on the software updates, you should be able to easily cast Spotify on your Chromecast dongle…
5. Reinstall the Spotify Application!
If updating the Spotify app does not work and your Chromecast device is still not showing up in the app, another effective solution is to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app.
Reinstalling the Spotify app will clear out all corrupted files but also erase all of your in-app settings!
Here is how to reinstall the Spotify app:
- On Android: Open Settings > Apps > Storage > Spotify.
- On iOS: Open Settings > Scroll Down > Select Spotify.
- Upon locating the app, select “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
- Head over to the Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for the Spotify app, using the magnifying glass.
- Click on the Install or Get button under the app name.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and test.
Reminder: To be able to Chromecast, you need to be signed into the Spotify app and both, your mobile and Chromecast must be connected to the same WiFi.
6. Factory Reset the Chromecast Device
If you have tried all of the other workarounds in this guide and your Chromecast device still is not showing up in the Spotify app, try the factory reset process.
Keep in mind that resetting the device will erase all configured settings but will save you from this hilarious casting experience.
How to Reset Chromecast with Google TV?
- Go to your Profile from the top right.
- Navigate to Settings and then System.
- Go to About and choose Factory Reset.
How to Reset Chromecast 2nd, 3rd gen & Ultra?
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Locate and click on your Chromecast device’s tile.
- Click on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner.
- Click on the More menu icon and select Factory reset.
Note: After factory reset your Chromecast, configure it in the Google Home app and connect it to the same WiFi network as your Spotify casting device.
Hence, when Chromecast not showing up on Spotify, we first need to verify that both devices are connected to the same and working WiFi.
In case that doesn’t help we need to update both instances, reinstall the Spotify app and factory reset the Chromecast.
Visit us for more Chromecast troubleshooting guides!
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023