Although Bose makes some of the best earbuds you can find, many users have complained about the bose Quietcomfort earbuds left earbud not working.
If you take a look at the Quietcomfort earbuds page on Amazon, you will find a ton of one-star reviews, all complaining about this issue.
Thankfully for you, this guide will help you get that left earbud working again in no time!
The most likely way of fixing your left earbud is by updating your earbuds with the Bose Updater. Just plug your earbuds into your PC and follow the prompts to update them.
It’s no fun listening to music with just one earbud. After you’re finished reading this guide, you will be able to enjoy your music in full stereo again.
How To Fix The Problem of Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds Left Earbud Not Working
There are so many ways to troubleshoot your left earbud not working.
I’m going to show you eight different solutions to your problem, starting with the easier solutions, followed by the more complicated ones.
Solution 1: Wear Your Earbud Correctly
Before we get into the heavy troubleshooting, you should first ensure that you’re wearing your left earbud correctly.
If the earbuds do not sit snugly in your ear or are worn incorrectly, it could affect audio or mic quality.
Here’s how to make sure you’re wearing your earbuds correctly:
- Make sure the earbud rests gently in your ear canal.
- Slowly rotate your earbud until the ear tip completely seals the canal of your ear.
- The ear-tip wing should be tucked around your ear ridge.
- The ear-tip should feel comfortable and not feel squished.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot The Charging Pins
It’s possible that your left earbud is not broken; it’s just not charged fully.
When you place your earbud in the case, you need to make sure it’s lined up with the charging pins.
If not, your earbuds will be on and drain their batteries throughout the day.
Another thing to look out for is the charging pins getting stuck. Make sure the charging pins are not stuck by pushing on them.
If the charging pins are stuck, you can try using a needle nose plier to pull up the spring-loaded charging prong.
Just be careful not to damage the earbud. It may be best for a professional to do this.
To confirm that your left earbud is being properly charged, the corresponding LEDs should light up when you put the earbud in its charging case.
Solution 3: Try Out A Different App Or Media Type
If you can’t hear any music out of your left earbud, try switching to a video on Youtube.
The problem could be the app your using and not your Bose Quietcomfort left earbud not working.
The sound quality might vary depending on the type of media.
For example, podcasts and streaming music services like Spotify are cloud-based and may naturally sound distorted to you.
Try various types of media to see if the problem is associated with a specific application.
Tip: Audio problems could also result in an app that needs to be updated. Make sure to update your media apps. You can do this at the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Solution 4: Resync Earbuds And Charging Case
With all of the different Bluetooth devices and accessories in your home, interference between your devices is bound to happen.
You might be able to fix your left earbud by resyncing it to your device and charging case.
- Turn off Bluetooth on all devices in your home within 30 ft of your earbuds.
- Place your earbuds in the charging case. Wait for at least 5 seconds.
- Take your earbuds out of the case. Your earbuds should now communicate with each other like they normally would.
Solution 5: Forget Your Earbuds From Your Device
“Forgetting” your earbuds means making it so your device never knew that your earbuds even existed.
Reconnecting your earbuds to your device will be like connecting them for the first time.
Note: If you reset your QuietComfort Earbuds, it will delete the memory of any previously connected devices without also erasing your customizations.
Here’s how you forget your QuietComfort Earbuds from your device:
- Plug in the charging case, then place the earbuds inside it.
- Close the charging case for around 5 seconds, then open the lid up. Do not remove your earbuds.
- Hold down the Bluetooth button on the case for 30 seconds.
- In the Bluetooth settings of the device you’ve previously paired with, delete the QuietComfort Earbuds from its memory.
- Your earbuds are reset. Pair your earbuds back with the device to see if this fixes the issue.
Solution 6: Disable In-Ear Detection
The Bose earbud has an In-ear Detection feature that automatically plays or pauses audio based on if the earbud is in your ear or not.
Although this can be a useful option, it might negatively affect the audio quality in the left ear.
Many users have tested this and come to the conclusion that this option is why their left earbud stopped working.
To prevent this from happening, you should disable In-ear detection on your earbuds with these steps:
- Open up the Bose Music App on your device.
- Click or tap on the Settings Menu.
- Search for the Toggle In-Ear detection option.
- Toggle the In-Ear detection option off.
Solution 7: Update Your QuietComfort Earbuds
If your left earbud is still not working, this is one of the last options you have.
By updating your Bose earbuds, you will be able to take advantage of the latest software.
Based on customer feedback, the Bose team regularly fixes any reported bugs and glitches. For example, audio glitches.
This makes sure that you have an optimal experience using your earbuds, including your left earbud.
Updating your earbuds should take care of any deep-seated audio problems. You can update your Bose earbuds:
Update Your Earbuds Using Your PC
- Install the Bose Updater. If the Bose Updater is already installed, then open it.
- Use a USB cable to connect your earbuds to your PC. Your earbuds will be recognized immediately.
- You will be taken to the update page. Follow the prompts from there to finish updating your Bose earbuds.
Tip: If your earbuds are not recognized immediately, click “Supported Products” and select your earbuds.
Updating Your Earbuds With The Bose Connect App
- Download the Bose Connect App. If you have already downloaded it, launch the app from the main menu.
- An arrow will appear over the image of your earbuds if an update is available. If yes, tap on the arrow. The update will start downloading.
- Once the update has been downloaded, a button labeled Update will pop up. Tap on it to update your Bose earbuds.
You will know when your earbuds have been updated when you see a tick beneath the image of your earbuds.
Solution 8: Contact Bose Customer Support
Bose Customer Service not only offers the best technicians for the job, but they also provide tips on how you can quickly fix your own earbuds.
You can reach their service via phone or email.
Read Next: How To Sync Bose SoundLink Mini?
It might feel like all is lost when your dealing with your Bose QuietComfort earbuds left earbud not working.
Hopefully, after reading this guide, you’ve got both of your earbuds working again, and you’re listening to your favorite tunes.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023