Wondering why Amcrest motion detection record delay happens on your recordings?
Well, your Amcrest camera can be configured how long the device should wait after an event, before starting another capture session.
When your Amcrest camera is set to wait for long after motion detection, you may not be able to catch a critical movement.
To prevent the Amcrest camera from waiting too much between the recordings you need to decrease the Record Delay Interval. The lowest possible “wait time” could be 10 seconds so that would be the best option that will reduce the recording delay.
In general, once the motion detection is enabled and the record box is checked, your Amcrest camera will start capturing events.
Once these settings are set to enabled, a third option will appear, respectively the record delay setting. Let’s learn more…
What this feature does, is set a cooldown timer, during which your camera cannot trigger another record event.
In other words, if your camera has recorded a motion detection event once, the device won’t start another session for the next “N” seconds interval.
- 10 seconds is the minimum record delay settings available.
- 300 seconds or 5 minutes is the maximum amount of delay you can use.
Note: The option is mainly used to prevent continuous and incidental motion detection.
You cannot disable the motion detection record delay.
However, you can make a single motion detection event last longer, by adjusting the angles of your camera and, the FOV and by tweaking some settings that we will soon get into.
Let’s first begin with the most popular solutions:
As we’ve mentioned, the interval between capturing events on your Amcrest camera can be set from 10 up to 300 seconds.
This setting will only become available to you if the motion detection is enabled and the record box is checked and labeled “Anti-Dither”.
Here’s how you can adjust the record delay interval in the settings of your Amcrest NVR:
- Open the NVR Settings.
- Access the “Devices” tab.
- Select the camera that has issues with the record delay.
- Go to “Configuration”.
- In the recording tab, locate the “Anti-Dither” feature.
- Press the slider to adjust the delay.
- Set the lowest delay possible (10 seconds).
- Save the changes then exit the menu.
Note: Once a motion event is triggered, it will last for as long as necessary then your camera will not be able to detect motion for the next 10 seconds.
While the Anti-Dither feature controls how much time your camera is unable to record after an event, the Record Lenght feature is for how long will your camera record.
If you have an NVR, this feature will allow the camera to start capturing, prior to the point of detection.
- This is helpful since users complain that their camera starts to record late.
Here’s how to boost the motion record length of your Amcrest camera:
- Open the NVR settings.
- Go to Storage.
- Tap on “Schedule”.
- Next, head to “Record”.
- Browse the record settings and locate the “Pre Record” check box.
- Press the box to enable “Pre Record”.
- Insert the seconds you wish your camera to start recording prior to the event.
Note: For Pre-Record interval, you increase the value up to 10 seconds.
To prevent your camera from going into the record delay interval, you can adjust the camera to record the entire time while the motion event is taking place.
By increasing the “Pack Duration” feature, you will enable the camera to record for longer after motion.
Here’s how you can boost the camera’s pack duration in easy steps:
- Access the Amcrest application on your device.
- Go to Storage.
- Now, head to the “Record Control” settings.
- Scroll down and locate the “Pack Duration” tab.
- Press the pack duration tab.
- Increase the value of the feature.
Tip: You can trigger false motion events, by making someone from your family or just you move in front of the camera.
Another way to stop the camera from going into motion detection cooldown mode is to boost the unit’s sensitivity.
Even if the camera caught a significant motion event, it will not keep recording if the sensitivity is too lowered and there’s not much of a movement going on.
Here’s how you can boost the sensitivity of your Amcrest camera in easy steps:
- Open the Amcrest app on your device.
- Go to “Device” settings.
- Tap the camera you want to boost the sensitivity for.
- Go to “Motion Detection”.
- From the list of settings, search for “Sensitivity”.
- Boost the sensitivity as much as you like.
The motion sensitivity is a personal preference of each camera user. Too much sensitivity increases the chance of birds or objects activating the motion detection.
Feel free to test with different settings to determine the value that would suit your camera best.
Perhaps, the place where you’ve installed your Amcrest camera doesn’t allow the unit to persistently capture motion events.
The best suggestion is to adjust the camera’s body (head) or relocate the unit into an alternative direction with a better field of view.
“I don’t want to move my camera!”
Well, then you must make sure that you’ve removed ALL moving objects or obstructions that limit the field of view.
For instance, the camera will not function properly when positioned between two walls, or in front of a door or a window.
Tip: The FOV of the camera must be in an open space (a backyard for instance) that doesn’t have a lot of moving objects.
The issue with the motion record delay may be occurring due to a glitch with the software of the camera.
By resetting your camera, you will be able to reinstall the operating system of the device and possibly resolve the ongoing problem.
Here’s how to reset your Amcrest camera in easy steps:
- Detach your camera from the wall stand.
- Raise the camera upwards.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of the device.
- Press and hold the reset button for 45-60 seconds.
- Wait for the camera to be reset.
Note: The camera’s head will rotate and the LED will blink in green to indicate a reset.
In case the motion detection of your Amcrest camera doesn’t work, then there could be multiple causes of this issue.
The cameras are extremely sensitive and with the correct settings, the motion detection should be able to recognize kids, pets, and even birds.
Here are some quick ways solutions to motion detection problems with the Amcrest camera:
- Enable “Motion Sensitivity” in the settings of Amcrest.
- Clear the camera’s FOV out of any obstructions.
- Turn on the motion sensitivity feature in the Amcrest app.
- Set the “Video Recording” setting to “Cloud”.
Your camera might be able to detect moving objects but when the storage is full you may not receive the recordings.
This is why you should check all the external factors as well and only then suspect the device’s functionalities. Keep in mind that a reset always helps!
Tip: For further assistance with Amcrest camera issues, you should contact Amcrest customer service.
To fix the motion record delay with the Amcrest camera, set the Anti-Dither to 10 seconds and boost the motion sensitivity. Then, adjust the camera’s FOV and increase the pack duration before performing a factory reset on the Amcrest camera.
That was everything about the Amcrest motion detection record delay. We hope that you now understand how your Amcrest camera works and what is the Record Delay Interval.
For more relevant posts, make sure to check our blog!
- How to Fix LG Sound Bar Remote Not Working? – Working Solutions - January 27, 2023
- Kitchenaid Freezer Not Working But Fridge Is? – Fixed! - January 27, 2023
- JBL Bluetooth Headphones Won’t Turn Off? – Complete Fix Guide - January 27, 2023