When the AirPods Pro noise cancelling not working there could be a problem either with your source device or the earbuds.
When AirPods noise canceling is not working you should make sure to charge the earbuds first. Then you should complete the Ear Fit Tip test and update your source device’s OS version.
The last part of the solution includes factory resetting the AirPods Pro.
Before we proceed with troubleshooting, you must make sure that you’re enabling noise cancellation correctly.
Here is how to enable the feature on both Android and iOS:
- To enable noise cancellation on iOS, open the quick view menu, then hold the soundbar on the AirPods. Tap on the “Noise Cancellation” feature on the left.
- To enable noise cancellation on Android, head to the Bluetooth settings of the AirPods, then press the “Enable Noise Cancellation”.
Tip: If the sound cancellation is already enabled, toggle the feature OFF and ON to restart it.
In case the sound cancellation on the AirPods simply won’t work, there are quite a few solutions for you to attempt.
We highly recommend following our solutions in order for the most efficiency during the solution guide.
A bunch of users states that putting the earbuds back in the case will solve issues with the sound cancellation of the AirPods.
The point of putting them back into the case is to let them charge for a while which will ultimately solve any problems with the earbuds.
In that regard, make sure that the AirPods case is charged and position the buds inside of the case.
It’s up to you for how long you will keep them inside, but make sure that they are at least 50% charged once you take them out.
Additionally, ensure that the case is plugged with a charger so there’s nothing that could go wrong during the charging.
Keep in mind that for tracking the charging progress on Androids, you would have to download an application that will enable you to do that. A suggested result is the “PodAir” app available on Google Play.
Tip: With Apple products, you can track the charging capacity from the charging window add-on on the home screen of your device.
As you know, noise cancellation is made possible via sensors all across the AirPods.
Keeping them nice and clean is the key to having the active noise cancellation working flawlessly every time you need it.
In that set of thoughts, your next task would be to clean the sensors of the Pro AirPods and solve the sound cancellation issues you’re having.
- Grab an ear stick along with a slightly wet and fully dry cloth.
- Using the ear stick, collect the dirt on the speakers of both earbuds.
- Then using the slightly wet cloth, tidy the speakers and the sensors.
- Lastly, dry up the Pro AirPods using the dried cloth.
- Test the sound cancellation.
Alert: Make sure not to rub too hard with the ear stick, to avoid accidentally penetrating one of the sensors or speakers.
This solution will only help users who have noise cancellation problems on iPhones and iPads.
The ear fit tip test allows you to acquire excellent noise cancellation by providing tips on how the earbuds should be positioned.
Follow these steps to trigger the ear fit tip test and fix the sound cancellation feature on the AirPods:
- Put both of the earbuds onto your ears.
- Grab your iPhone or iPad and head over to the settings.
- Tap “Bluetooth” from the settings menu.
- Tap the “i” button next to the AirPods’ connection.
- In the following menu, select Ear Tip Fit Test and tap “Continue”.
- Press the “Play” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the test.
Note: This test can easily be failed. If you couldn’t get it the first time, make sure to repeat Steps #6 and #7 to fix the sound cancellation.
Regardless of whether you’re using an Android or Apple product running the iOS with the AirPods, having the latest available software is really important.
Not only that it will improve compatibility with the AirPods, but it will also unlock a bunch of features you were missing out on until now.
Here’s how to both update Android products and Apple products in easy steps:
- To update the iOS of your Apple product, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Start Update.
- To update the OS of your Android product, go to Settings > Update > “Check For Updates” > “Apply Update”.
Note: Most different Android devices have different menus and, in turn, menus could be different.
A solution that will surely solve the sound cancellation problem you’re having is to reset the AirPods.
This will ultimately revert all the settings you’ve made to the AirPods back to their factory value and by default, noise cancellation is set to enabled.
Here’s how to reset the Pro AirPods in easy steps:
- Place the earbuds onto your ears.
- On your device, open the Bluetooth settings.
- Head to the “Connected Devices” section.
- Tap on your already-connected AirPods.
- Choose “Forget this device”.
- Place the earbuds back in the case.
- Hold the pairing button for 30 seconds with the latch closed.
- Open the latch and press the pairing button for 5 seconds.
- Wait for your phone to discover the AirPods.
- Once discovered, press “Connect”.
Note: Make sure that your device is close enough to the earbuds during the reset so they can get re-discovered.
In case you’ve attempted ALL the solutions above but the Pro AirPods sound canceling is still not working, there could be quite a few reasons why.
The best way to proceed would be to take another device and test it by pairing it to another source.
Maybe the source device that you’re using has a problem with enabling the feature, and everything you need is to pair your AirPods to another.
Check whether the sound cancellation can be enabled using the same AirPods but on a different device to understand the issue.
In case the feature won’t work even with a different device your best shot against the problem would be to get in touch with Apple.
The other workaround would be to bring your AirPods to an Apple-authorized repair service in your local area for professional help.
Tip: Make sure to check whether you can put in use your AirPods warranty or not.
The solution to a non-working AirPods Pro sound-canceling includes charging the AirPods to maximum and performing the Ear Fit Tip test. Then you should proceed with cleaning the AirPods after which updating their version. Conclude the guide by factory resetting the earbuds.
Read Next: Why Won’t My AirPods Disconnect?
Now when you know why AirPods Pro noise cancelling not working you’re ready to attempt and solve the problem at home.
In case the feature won’t work no matter what you’re trying, you can reach out to Apple support and attempt to use your warranty.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023