Do you keep getting Sling TV Error 29-102? Well, don’t worry because you are not alone! Sling TV frequently displays various error codes while using the app to let users know an issue has arisen.
In this guide, we will go over one of the Sling TV error codes 29-102 which indicates a buffering problem while using the Sling TV app that interrupts the streaming data.
The Sling TV 29-102 error appears due to different factors such as poor internet, a down server, software glitches, or an incompatible TV.
The good news is that the fix is nothing more complex than a thorough inspection of all factors proven to cause the 29-102 error!
So, let’s start troubleshooting!
Sling TV Error 29-102? – 8 Easy Solutions!
1. Optimize the Internet Connection
One of the main causes of your Sling TV app buffering is poor network connection.
Therefore, it is crucial to test your internet connection first and verify that the packet stream is stable, your device is connected, and has a strong bandwidth to effectively control the streaming demands.
Step #1 Test Your Internet Connection!
- Open another streaming app such as Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube.
- Alternatively, open a web browser on your Sling TV device to test.
- Check the results:
- If these apps and websites experience delays or buffering, it’s an internet issue.
- If these apps and websites are properly working, you don’t have a network issue.
Note: Follow step#2 if you have a network issue with your Sling TV device!
Step #2 Optimize Your Internet Connection!
- Power cycle the WiFi router by unplugging it from the power.
- Set up a wired connection with an Ethernet cable (if possible).
- Reduce the number of devices connected to the WiFi network.
- Disable the VPN or Proxy altering from the device or the router.
When you are sure that there is no issue with your internet connection then open the Sling TV app to stream your favorite content.
Continue reading the guide if error 29-102 is still there…
2. Close Background Running Apps!
Sometimes when any other apps are running in the background the internet bandwidth might be ultimately consumed, slowing down and delaying your streaming.
You only need to close all of the unnecessary apps that are running in the background to free up resources for Sling TV.
Steps for Android & iOS Mobile:
- Tap on the left bottom button on the mobile screen.
- Move the recent apps floating screen to the left or right.
- Check and look for the recent apps you want to close.
- Then swipe them off from the mobile floating screen.
- Alternatively, tap the “Close” or “X” button to exit the app.
Steps for TV or Streaming Devices:
- Tap on the Home button on your TV’s remote.
- Head over to your TV Settings from the top left.
- Then navigate to and press on the Apps section.
- Next, select all of the apps that you want to close.
- Select Options, Settings, or Back from the menu.
- Then, tap “Close” or “Exit” to close the application.
Reminder: When you’re ready, test whether error 29-102 still appears in the Sling TV app!
3. Check the Sling TV Server Status
If the Sling TV error 29-102 is still popping up then possibly there may be a server problem on the Sling TV’s end.
All you have to do is simply visit Sling TV’s official website or social media channels to see if there is any news for reported outages or maintenance.
Here is how to check the Sling server status:
- First, open the web browser on your device.
- Then, go to the Sling Status Center page.
- Check for any reports or news about outages.
If there are Sling service outages in your area, then there is nothing much you can do except wait until the Sling server is fully restored.
However, if there is no such news, continue reading!
4. Restart Your Streaming Device
Another effective troubleshooting step to resolve your Sling TV app error 29-102 is to restart your streaming device.
This method is harmless and doesn’t delete anything from the app settings, yet it’s very effective against operating system bugs and glitches.
- The best way to restart a streaming device is by performing a power cycle!
The process is simple – turn off your device and unplug the unit from the power outlet for at least 60 seconds.
This is enough time for the HW components to cool down, all operational services to reboot, and of course, for errors, 29-120 to disappear from your Sling TV application.
Note: The power cycle method works on absolutely any streaming device!
5. Clear Sling App Cache and Data!
If you’re using the Sling TV app rather than browsing on the Chrome browser, then clearing the app’s cache might just resolve the Sling error 29-102.
This step is important because over time the app develops large storage cache that when corrupted, causes numerous error codes!
How to Clear App Cache on Smart TV?
- First, go to the home screen and to Settings.
- Then, select Apps and choose See All Apps.
- Then, enter the “Show System Apps” menu.
- Next, select the Sling TV app from the menu.
- Go to Clear Cache and press the “OK” button.
- Also, select “Clear Data” and press “OK” again.
How to Clear App Cache on Android?
- First, open the Settings on your mobile phone.
- Then, navigate to the “Storage” menu option.
- Go into “Apps” and tap on the Sling TV app.
- Then, tap on the “Clear Cache” button once.
How to Clear App Cache on Apple (iOS)?
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- Then scroll all the way down to all apps.
- Select “Sling TV” from the applications.
- Then tap on the “Offload” button on top.
- Confirm that you want to “offload” the app.
Note: Based on your exact streaming device’s brand and model, some of the steps might not apply so consult the user's manual.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall Sling TV
If clearing the application cache and data didn’t work and the Sling error 29-102 is still there, you’ll have to uninstall and cleanly reinstall the Sling TV app.
This is one of the best ways to address multiple possibilities at once, so proceed with the steps below.
Note: The steps below are universal and might not apply to your device’s model!
Step #1 Uninstall the Sling TV App
- First, go to your device Settings.
- Go to Apps or App Management.
- Then, find the Sling TV application.
- Select the Sling TV app from the list.
- Find and tap on the “Uninstall” button.
Step #2 Install the Sling TV App
- Open the dedicated content store.
- Search for the official Sling TV app.
- Tap on the Install button to download.
Note: You’ll be signed out from your account, so you’ll have to sign in!
7. Update your Device Software
Sometimes, Sling TV errors 29-102 could be appearing due to an outdated OS version on your streaming device.
So, it’s crucial to carry out any pending software updates, so you can exclude this possibility and of course, be up to date on your streaming device.
How to Update Smart Television?
- First, go to the TV home screen.
- Then, open the TV Settings menu.
- Go to System or Advanced Settings.
- Locate the System Firmware tab.
- If available, tap on the “Update“ button.
How to Update Mobile Devices?
- On iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Install.
- On Android, go to Settings > About Phone > Check for Updates.
Tip: If you’re unable to update your device with the instructions above, consult the user’s manual or search for the exact steps online.
8. Check for Device Compatibility!
Keep in mind that Sling TV performance becomes more unstable over time on older devices, especially the ones that are already out of support.
So, to quickly realize whether the Sling TV code 29-102 appears because of your streaming device, you’ll need to test on another one!
- Test streaming Sling TV on a phone, tablet, laptop, Xbox, or streaming stick!
In case Sling TV works on different devices, then it’s time to either upgrade your device or check for any firmware updates again.
In case no updates are found and Sling TV simply won’t work properly, perhaps you’re facing a compatibility issue.
Tip: For more information and assistance, contact Sling TV's Support!
Hence, to resolve the Sling TV error 29-102, optimize your internet connection, close any background running apps, and check the Sling TV server status.
In case the error is still there, clear the Sling TV application cache and data, and perform a clean reinstallation! If you have found this post helpful, follow us for more!
Read Next: How to Fix Sling TV Error 10 100?
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023