What is Sling TV error 10 100 and how to fix it? Well, we’ll discuss everything in this guide…
Sling TV is a popular app-based streaming service that offers a variety of channels, on-demand content, and much more.
However, like any other online service, Sling TV may often encounter errors such as 10 100 to indicate a problem.
If you are receiving the same error, keep reading!
A Sling TV usually displays a “10 100” error code while trying to log into the app, which you can easily resolve by force closing the application.
In addition to overcoming this error, you need to verify the reliability of the internet as well as any possible restrictions!
Let’s unwrap the most important factors next!
What Causes Sling TV Error Code 10-100?
- Weak or unstable internet connection.
- Network congestion or slow speeds.
- An issue with the Sling TV application.
- Outdated Sling TV or application version.
- Use of a VPN connection for streaming.
- Sling TV server disruption or maintenance.
- Any geographic or content restrictions.
How to Fix Sling TV Error 10 100 in 5 Easy Steps!
Tip: Follow the solutions and steps in chronological order!
1. Force Close the Sling TV App!
The first thing you should do is force close the Sling TV app on your device, as the error itself suggests.
Sometimes the app itself develops temporary bugs and glitches that disrupt the app’s efficacy and, of course, cause errors such as error “10 100”.
Here is how to force close the Sling TV app on operating systems:
Force Close App on Android TV:
- Press the Home button on your TV.
- Navigate to the TV Settings screen.
- Locate and click on the Apps tile.
- Next, locate the Sling TV app icon.
- Select “Force Stop” or “Force Close”.
Force Close App on Apple TV:
- Hold the remote and push the Home button at the TV remote.
- Scroll and navigate to the Sling TV app using directional buttons.
- Swipe up the Sling TV app from the recent application screen.
- Leave the Apple TV home screen and open the Sling TV app.
Force Close on Mobile Devices:
- Press the Home button to access the Recent App section.
- Locate and swipe up the Sling TV app from the screen.
- Locate and click on Apps or Application Management.
- Scroll up and tap on the Sling TV app from the apps list.
- Look for a Force Stop or Force Close option and tap on it.
- Double-click the Home button to access the recent app screen.
- Move the apps screen to the left or right side to locate Sling TV.
- When you locate the Sling TV app, swipe it up to close the app.
In case the error “10 100” still appears, continue with the next solution!
2. Ensure Stable Internet Connection!
If your internet connection is slow or unstable, it may break down the connection from the server and prevent you from successfully logging in to the Sling TV app.
This occasion will surely bring up an error 10-100 Sling TV due to a faulty connection.
- You need to verify that the internet on your device is stable!
Follow the below practices to ensure a steady internet connection:
✅ Perform a Free Speed Test
Click on the “GO” button when you open the link and then measure the speed of your network.
The minimum download/upload speed for streaming Sling TV is 5 Mbps, so anything below this indicates slow and inconsistent internet.
✅ Reboot the WiFi Router
Simply remove the router from the power source, then leave the device for 5 minutes unplugged. Then, reconnect the router to power and test again!
✅ Relocate the Router
If you have set up the WiFi router too away from the Sling TV streaming device, moving it closer will help.
✅ Forget WiFi & Reconnect
Forget the WiFi on your device and reconnect your Sling TV’s streaming devices back to the WiFi. If possible switch to another WiFi to test with!
If the 10-100 error code comes up again, then check the internet connection on a different device and check if the same WiFi is working on your other devices.
If not, then possibly your internet is the culprit, simply contact your internet service provider for more assistance!
Tip: If your internet appears to be inconsistent, test Sling TV using the Mobile Data on your SIM smartphone!
3. Restart the Streaming Device!
Temporary bugs or glitches within the streaming device can occasionally cause network issues with the device.
However, a simple restart of your Sling TV streaming device clears the issues and refreshes the device OS as well as the network connection.
How to Restart the Smart TVs?
- Press the Power button at the TV remote for 5 seconds.
- Next, unplug your TV power adapter from the wall outlet.
- Wait for about 2 to 3 minutes until the TV power cycles.
- Then, connect the TV power switch back to the wall outlet.
- Press the same Power button again to turn the TV back on.
How to Restart Mobile Phones?
✅ Apple iPhone
Push and hold the power button at the side, then slide to the left in order to shut down the device. To turn on the device again, press the power button!
✅ Android Phone
Locate and press the power button and select the “Restart“ option!
How to Restart the Media Players?
- Head over to the player Settings menu.
- Locate and tap on the System option.
- Tap on the System Restart or Restart.
When your Sling TV streaming device is turned on, then start the Sling TV app and try signing in with your correct Sling account credentials.
In case the error keeps showing up, keep reading!
4. Check for an Active VPN Connection!
The Sling TV application and service are only accessible within the United States!
Consequently, if you try to access Sling TV from a different geographical location or use a VPN or even a proxy connection, the error “10 100” will appear.
So, if your Sling TV streaming device has an enabled VPN (Virtual Private Network) which alters your location, the outcome is clear.
Here’s the conclusion:
- If you’re within the USA, you need to disable any active VPN.
- If you’re outside the USA, enable a VPN to access Sling TV.
The reason why this is necessary is because Sling TV will not be accessible from outside the USA so if your VPN alters your location outside the US, error 10 100 appears.
In contrast, if you’re attempting to access Sling TV from outside the US, without a VPN error 10 100 will show!
Tip: If you’re outside the US and want to watch Sling TV, we recommend Atlast VPN to help you overcome locational restrictions!
5. Uninstall > Install the Sling TV App!
If you have tried everything and still get the 10 100 error code, cleanly install the Sling TV app on your device as a last resort.
So far, this is an ideal solution because the app gathers large storage of cache and app data over time, which often becomes corrupted, leading to issues!
How to Uninstall > Install the Sling TV App?
For Android Devices:
- Locate the Sling TV app from the home screen.
- Long push and hold onto the Sling apps icon.
- Tap on the Uninstall option to delete the app.
- Open Google Play Store and find “Sling TV”.
- Then download the app cleanly on the device.
For iOS Devices:
- Long push and hold onto the Sling TV app icon.
- Wait for the options to appear, and select “Remove”.
- Open the App Store and search for the Sling TV app.
- Tap on the “Cloud + Arrow” icon, to get the app back.
For Smart TVs:
- Go to the TV home screen by pressing the Home button.
- Next, go to the TV Settings and select the Apps option.
- Scroll from the list to locate the Sling TV application tile.
- Select the app and tap on the Uninstall option underneath.
In case the error “10 100” still appears on the Sling TV app, the next step is to contact Sling TV’s Support for further help.
We also recommend testing the application on different devices!
If you are getting Sling TV error 10 100, force close the Sling TV app, then restart the streaming device and WiFi router. If you’re located outside the US, check for an activated VPN connection. You can check out Altas VPN’s exclusive offer here.
Read Next: How Do I Add Channels To Sling TV Easily?
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023