Learning about the best Ring Doorbell mounting options can save you a lot of trouble.
You must learn more about it if you understand the significance of vigilantly monitoring your property and identifying individuals at your doorstep.
Installing the Ring doorbell can be a challenging task, particularly when it comes to selecting the appropriate mounting option.
You can mount a Ring Doorbell on the wall, door frame, in the corner, on the ceiling, or using a tabletop mounting bracket.
Remember that some of these methods require drilling holes, which may or may not work for everyone.
Ring Doorbell Mounting Options for Enhanced Security
Getting a good mounting bracket for Ring Doorbell is not enough; you also need to learn where and how to install it perfectly.
Thankfully, there are various options to mount your Ring Doorbell and different mounting brackets to handle the task properly.
Here are some of the most common options to consider:
- Wall mounting Ring Doorbell
- Door Frame Mounting Ring Doorbell
- Siding Mounting Ring Doorbell
- Corner Mounting Ring Doorbell
- Tabletop Mounting Ring DoorBell
- Ceiling Mounting Ring Doorbell
Let’s talk about these options and how to install your Ring Doorbell using various techniques.
Wall Mounting Ring Doorbell
Mounting the Doorbell on the wall is a popular choice for many people.
But remember, you have to drill into the wall and screw in the mounting bracket.
It is a long-lasting way to mount your doorbell, but some people may have concerns about the following:
- Difficulty of installation
- Worries about the overall aesthetic appeal
- The desire for more flexibility
But if you are fine with drilling those tiny holes into your wall, it is a great option to consider.
Here’s how to wall mount Ring Doorbell:
- Select a strategic location with clear visibility of the entrance.
- Check the Wi-Fi signal strength in the selected area. Attach the mounting bracket to the wall using screws and anchors.
- Align the mounting holes with the bracket and secure them together.
- Tighten the screws.
Fact: Be sure to angle the camera slightly downward for proper coverage and ensure you get clear visuals and reliable functionality.
Door Frame Mounting Ring Doorbell
If you prefer not to drill holes in your wall or door frame when installing your Ring Doorbell, you have the option of using the No Drill Mount.
It is a good idea if you want to mount your Doorbell on your door frame.
This mount utilizes an adhesive pad to securely hold your Doorbell in place without causing any damage or roughness to the surface.
Here’s how to mount your Doorbell on your door frame:
- Use rubbing alcohol to wipe the installation area and remove any dirt.
- Peel the backing off the adhesive pad and stick it onto the mount.
- First, peel off the backing from the other side.
- Now, attach the mount to the doorframe.
- Ensure the doorframe is positioned 48 inches above the ground.
- Allow a few hours for the adhesive to be fully set.
- Once the adhesive has set, proceed to attach the Ring Doorbell to the Mount.
Siding Mounting Ring Doorbell
Before installing your doorbell on your vinyl siding, it is important to determine whether you will be mounting the unit at an angle.
Most kits include wedges that enable you to adjust the camera at angles of 5, 10, or 15 degrees.
To avoid capturing everything on a nearby street, it is advisable to tilt the camera downward.
Here’s how to mount your Doorbell on an angle on vinyl siding:
- Pick the right spot for installing the Ring Doorbell on the vinyl siding.
- Select the desired angle for the wedge.
- Use tape to attach the chosen wedge, ensuring it is straight firmly.
- Using an appropriate drill bit, carefully create starter holes.
- Use screws and a screwdriver bit to attach the wedge to the siding.
- To attach the back plate, mount it onto the installed wedge.
- Secure it using small mounting screws.
- Slide the Ring Doorbell unit onto the back plate until it clicks into place.
Here’s how to mount your Doorbell when no wedge is needed:
- Choose the right spot for installing your Ring Doorbell.
- Tape the back plate in the desired location.
- Place a level on the back plate and make any necessary adjustments.
- Using a drill, create holes in the siding.
- Use long mounting screws to attach the back plate to the siding securely.
- Peel off the tape and remove the level from the back plate.
- Slide the doorbell onto the back plate.
If a wedge is not necessary, it makes the whole process a lot simpler.
Corner Mounting Ring Doorbell
When you want to mount your Ring Doorbell in a corner, you need to buy a corner mount first.
The corner mount can enhance motion detection and view if the doorbell is mounted on a corner or adjacent wall.
Here’s how to corner-mount your Ring Doorbell:
- Position the corner mount on the desired wall location.
- Find the hole in the middle and align them with the wall.
- Attach the mount to the wall using the appropriate screws.
- Next, attach your doorbell.
Remember, if you want to use your wedge kit and a corner mount simultaneously, you should install the wedge kit on top of the corner mount. Afterward, attach the corner mount to the wall before installing the Ring Doorbell.
Fact: You may adjust the 15-degree slant of your Doorbell to the left or right with the help of the corner mount.
Tabletop Mounting Ring DoorBell
If you’re looking for a flexible and handy way to place your Ring Doorbell, a tabletop mount or stand is a great option.
To assemble the tabletop mount or stand, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions if it comes in separate pieces. Always ensure that it is both stable and secure.
Here are the steps to tabletop mount your Doorbell:
- Select an appropriate location to position the Mount/Stand.
- Ensure the camera offers a clear view of the desired monitoring area.
- Position the tabletop mount or stand in the preferred location.
If Your Tabletop Stand Uses the Screw-On Method:
- Grab the mounting plate/bracket and use the screws to attach it to the Doorbell.
- Line up the mounting plate with the attachment point on the tabletop mount.
- Attach the Ring Doorbell securely to the mount using the screws.
If Your Tabletop Stand Uses Clip-On Method:
- Attach the tabletop stand, as mentioned earlier.
- Simply slide the doorbell onto the clip or slot on the tabletop mount.
- You are done when you hear a click, indicating that it is securely in place.
Fact: Make sure to properly set up your Doorbell and activate it on the Ring app before installation.
Ceiling Mounting Ring Doorbell
Mounting your Ring Doorbell on the ceiling can be a favorable choice in specific situations. For instance: It offers:
If you are ready to try this option, be sure to first assemble the mount or bracket before proceeding with the installation.
Here’s how to mount your Doorbell on the ceiling:
- Find the optimal position on the ceiling where to install your Ring Doorbell.
- Ensure there is an unobstructed view of the area you wish to monitor.
- Position the ceiling mount or bracket against the ceiling in the desired location.
- Use a pencil to mark the mounting holes on the ceiling.
- Use a power drill to meticulously create pilot holes at the designated locations.
- Align the mounting holes on the bracket with the pilot holes on the ceiling.
- Use the screws or anchors to keep the bracket in place.
- Attach the Ring Doorbell based on the mechanism the ceiling mount uses.
Fact: If your ceiling is constructed with a hard material such as concrete or brick, it may be necessary to use anchors to enhance stability.
Best Practices and Tips to Position the Ring Doorbell Properly
Once you learn about the finest Ring camera mounting ideas, you will be all set to try what works best for you. But, while doing so, be sure to follow the best practices.
Here is what you should know.
|The proper line of sight
|Position the doorbell so it can see the main entrance, walkways, and vulnerable areas.
|Proper height placement
|Mount the doorbell high enough to catch visitor faces and details. The ideal height is 48-56 inches (122-142 cm).
|Proper angle adjustment
|Tilt the doorbell slightly downward to catch faces and activities immediately in front of the camera. Avoid extreme downward tilt that captures only the ground.
|Avoid direct sunlight
|Place the doorbell away from direct sunlight to avoid glare and image degradation.
|Consider Wi-Fi strength
|Install the doorbell near a strong Wi-Fi signal for live streaming and notifications.
|Ensure weather protection
|A weatherproof cover may protect the doorbell and ensure it works in all weather conditions.
Fact: After installing the doorbell, be sure to test its functionality by checking the live view, motion detection, and notifications.
Finding the best Ring Doorbell mounting options can be a bit tricky. Indeed, there are many ways to try, but what suits you the most depends on your unique circumstances.
For instance, if you want a more secure installation, you will be better off drilling holes in the wall.
But, if that is not what you like, adhesive tape would serve the purpose. Whatever you try, be sure to follow the best practices for the best results.
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024