Wondering why Bosch Dishwasher can’t select cycle? Keep reading to know all the facts!
Bosch Dishwasher allows different cleaning cycles for the user’s ease. However, occasionally these cycles stop altering abruptly.
If your Bosch Dishwasher won’t change cycles, don’t worry, just read the guide through to unwrap everything and solve the problem in minutes!
The Bosch Dishwasher won’t change cycles for a variety of reasons, such as broken door latches, insufficient water in the unit, no power, or the wrong cycle settings. The issue can be solved in multiple ways, without parts replacement if not necessary!
Let’s learn how you may resolve the cycle-changing problem with your Bosch dishwasher!
How To Fix When Bosch Dishwasher Can’t Change Cycle?
If the cycle control on your Bosch Dishwasher is not working, either the hardware is faulty or the system settings are misconfigured.
But if you genuinely want to fix this problem, make sure to follow the guide all the way through and don’t skip any steps.
Let’s get started!
Solution #1 Check Dishwasher Door Latches
A damaged door latch frequently causes the dishwasher cycle to stop because it makes the machine mistakenly believe that the door is open.
That’s why it loses the connection and cannot change the cycle, which in turn can be easily solved.
Here is how you can check your Bosch dishwasher latches!
- Unplug the Bosch Dishwasher from the outlet.
- Unscrew the dishwasher screws from the top of the door latch.
- Take off the bracket.
- Look if the latch has been damaged or broken.
- (Optional) Remove the older latch and replace it with a new latch assembly.
- Tightly screw the latch bracket.
- Plug in the dishwasher and run a cycle to test.
Note: Make purchases only after you’ve attempted all else in this guide!
Solution #2 Test the Dishwasher Door Switch
Apart from door latches, the door switches may also cause problems with the dishwasher cycle change.
In case you have replaced the door latch or the latch is already fine, but still, the dishwasher is not selecting the cycle, then possibly the door switch has malfunctioned.
- All you need to do is to run a Continuity Test on the switch to inspect for power!
Here is how to test the Dishwasher door switch:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power source.
- Unscrew the panel to access the door from the inside.
- Pull off the switch and acquire an MM600 multimeter.
- Connect its wires to one end of the meter and the other end to the switch.
- Check if there are any readings on the screen.
- If yes, then the switch is working.
- If no readings show up, then the switch needs to be replaced.
Tip: Find a suitable Bosch Dishwasher replacement switch at the bottom of the guide!
Solution #3 Troubleshoot Door Components
If your dishwasher is still not selecting a cycle after replacing the door switch or latch assembly, it’s possible that the door is still not closing correctly because of any other faulty parts.
In order to identify the actual problem this time, you must thoroughly inspect the dishwasher door.
Here are some other components that you need to inspect for a fault:
- Ensure that the Rack is positioned properly in the dishwasher and slides easily.
- Inspect the Door Hinges and check whether it is allocated properly or not.
- Also, make sure to replace it if the hinges are damaged.
- Carefully check the Door Springs.
If there are any hurdles between springs or they are broken, then replace them as soon as possible.
In case everything appears to be alright, proceed with the next solution!
Solution #4 Turn OFF Child Lock Mode
Thanks to Bosch’s we can easily activate Child Lock Mode to safeguard devices from children.
The reason why you can’t change the cycle on Bosch dishwasher is that sometimes unintentionally we turn on the Child Lock Mode and forget that we’ve done this.
Solution: Turning OFF this mode on your Bosch Dishwasher will solve the problem!
Here is how you can turn off Child Lock mode from the Bosch dishwasher:
Via Control Panel
- Locate the Child Lock Button from the dishwasher control panel.
- Press and hold down the button for 3-5 seconds.
- You will hear a beep and the lock lights go off as the mode is deactivated.
- Hold the catch of the child lock to the right.
- Press the catch of the lock backward.
- Child lock mode will be deactivated.
When the mode has been deactivated you’ll need to test whether the Bosch Dishwasher can now select a cycle.
In case the issue is persistent, proceed with the next solution!
Solution #5 Check Water Outage
Sometimes drainage issues, clogs, or poor hose dispersion prevent the dishwasher from changing the cycle.
All you have to do is identify the issue or determine whether or not the base unit retains water.
Meanwhile, make sure the pipe is correctly unclogged and placed where it belongs.
By doing this, the hose and base will be repaired, and your dishwasher will be able to change cycles!
Apart from fixing the hose and making sure there is no water leak to the base unit sensors.
It’s also important for the dishwasher to have enough power and water supply to function normally.
Solution #6 Inspect Cycle Settings
Often, sometimes due to the wrong cycle settings of the Bosch Dishwasher, causes long delays when changing cycles.
Inputting the wrong key combinations will definitely cause issues, probably that’s why the Bosch dishwasher can’t select cycle.
All you have to do is double-check the dishwasher’s cycle settings to ensure everything is in order.
You can also use your Bosch product manual as guidance for setting up the settings.
Tip: Ensure that the Child Lock and Air Dry Mode are turned OFF!
Solution #7 Reset Dishwasher
You need to reset your dishwasher if you are sure that all the settings are correct and everything is functioning properly, but still, the dishwasher won’t change cycle.
It’s possible that you have the same issue since sometimes machines experience a system setup malfunction that interferes with their operation.
There are multiple ways to reset Bosch Dishwasher:
Reset Bosch Dishwasher Via Control Panel:
- Locate your dishwasher Control Panel.
- Press and hold down the Start or Reset button.
- Keep holding for at least 5 seconds.
- Release the button by closing the door simultaneously.
- If you hear a beep or movement of the pump, it indicates your dishwasher is ready
- Now, press and hold the Rinse button for 5 seconds.
- Press the Rinse button again to activate the drain pump and reset the dishwasher.
Note: Upon a successful reset you should see a “Done” or “Complete” message!
Reset Bosch Dishwasher Manually:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes to discharge.
- Plug the dishwasher back into the outlet.
- Test whether or not now the dishwasher is selecting the cycle.
Once the dishwasher has been reset, any system errors will be cleared, then you can easily operate and change the cycle of your dishwasher.
Let’s recap what we’ve learned!
Hence, when Bosch Dishwasher won’t select a cycle we need to inspect the power and water supply. Then, check the door latch assembly or any other broken parts, and replace them with new ones. In case nothing works we need to reset the dishwasher.
In this guide, we have learned why Bosch Dishwasher can’t select cycle.
All you need is to make sure that the dishwasher has a proper power supply and that its door components are working, whether it is a door switch or latches.
Looking for a Switch Replacement?
We strongly recommend getting an Original Bosch Dishwasher Lock compatible with a variety of models.
It’s quite important to double-check your Bosch Dishwasher model and compare it to the faulty switch to make sure that the component will match.
- JBL Endurance Peak 2 Right Earbud Not Working? – Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Does My TCL Roku TV Keeps Restarting? – Easy Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Is Hulu Sound Out Of Sync? – Fix in Minutes! - March 14, 2023