Wondering how to sync Vizio soundbar with subwoofer? It’s a straightforward process!
The Vizio subwoofer/soundbar setup is one of the best home theater audio installations and users often wonder how to establish the connection.
Well, in this guide we’ll go over all of the important steps to sync your Vizio soundbar with Vizio subwoofer in a matter of minutes…
To sync the Vizio soundbar with the Vizio subwoofer you first need to connect both units to the power and hold the Vizio subwoofer pairing button.
Let’s continue to unwrap!
How to Sync Vizio Soundbar With Subwoofer?
Tip: We strongly recommend following the below steps in consecutive order!
#1. Connect Both Devices to Power!
The first and easiest step is to connect both devices to the power supply, whether you’re using a direct outlet connection or hooking them up to a strip.
You need to verify that the soundbar and the subwoofer are both powered on, by taking a look at the LED lights that should be turned on.
- The LED on the soundbar is located on the left.
- The LED on the subwoofer is located at the back.
The white LED lights shouldn’t be blinking, they only need to be lit up and solid, which is an indication that the device is receiving power.
In case the lights on your soundbar or subwoofer are not lit up, then you need to inspect and verify the integrity of the power source.
Tip: In case of any power issues, connect both devices to a different outlet or A/C line!
#2. Put the Subwoofer in *Pairing Mode*
Now when both the Vizio subwoofer and Vizio soundbar are verified to be working, it’s time to put the subwoofer into “Pairing Mode”.
While in pairing mode, the soundbar will be able to detect and connect to the subwoofer in a matter of seconds.
- To put the Vizio subwoofer in pairing mode, hold the pairing button for 5 seconds!
The LED light between the power and pairing Vizio subwoofer button should start blinking, which is an indication that Pairing Mode has been enabled.
In case the light on the subwoofer won’t start blinking, verify that you’re holding the correct button as well as for long enough.
Info: The LED light on the subwoofer will continue to blink until the Vizio subwoofer is paired.
#3. Sync Subwoofer with Soundbar
To finalize the syncing process of the Vizio soundbar to the Vizio subwoofer, you need to locate the “Power” button on your Vizio soundbar.
When the LED light on the subwoofer is blinking, the power button on your soundbar will have a different set of instructions when pressed and held.
- Simply press and hold the Vizio soundbar’s power button for 5 seconds!
The Vizio soundbar has a little dot (LED light) on the very left side, which should start blinking when the soundbar starts to search for a subwoofer in pairing mode.
When you hold the power button the LEDs will blink three times and remain solid, which means both devices are synced.
Note: In case of any different outcome, repeat the pairing process from the beginning!
#4. Play Music to Test the Connection!
Even though the Vizio soundbar will emit a sound to show you that the pairing was successful, we still need to verify that the audio setup is now working.
To do so, use the device connected to the Vizio soundbar (source) to play some music or pretty much anything, and then listen…
If you hear bass and vibration coming from the Vizio subwoofer, then the wireless pairing is now completed.
So, you can now fully immerse into Vizio’s audio system and enjoy one of the best home theater experiences possible.
#5. Adjust Vizio Soundbar Audio Settings
The Vizio soundbar has quite a few audio settings that you would love to tweak, now that the connection between both instances is established.
You only need to press the “Level” remote button to start cycling between the audio settings of your Vizio soundbar.
The soundbar is equipped with the following audio settings:
- Bass (set between -5 and -6).
- Dialogue (as per your desire).
- Treble (set between +5 and +6).
- Equalizer (set to 500-550 Hz).
- Frequency (42.4 Hz and -49 Hz).
Tip: To tweak the setting, highlight the option first, and use the Left and Right arrows on the navigational remote circle to adjust them.
How to Use EQ Premade Modes?
Now when your wireless connection between the Vizio soundbar and subwoofer is ready, the next thing that you would like to do is to select your mode.
By using the Vizio soundbar remote you can cycle between the EQ premade modes, where each one has a specific purpose.
- Simply press the “EQ” button on the Vizio soundbar remote control!
Then you can select from:
- EQ Movies – delivers sonic explosions and big audio impact for movies!
- EQ Dialog – improves the clarity of the dialog in order to be heard clearly.
- EQ Music – enhances the bass, clears the music, and enriches the vocals.
- EQ Game – improves the surround audio for a better gaming experience.
- EQ Direct – playout’s the sound as intended to be heard by the media creator.
Note: On Vizio remote without a digital display, the soundbar will vocally confirm your EQ mode after pressing the button.
How to Sync Non-Vizio Subwoofer with Soundbar?
We know that it’s best to purchase the entire audio system from one single vendor due to the compatibility and wholesome support.
However, things are not always this way and when you have a third-party subwoofer, you might need a bit of assistance in performing the sync process!
Here’s how to pair a non-Vizio subwoofer with a Vizio soundbar:
- Connect both the Vizio soundbar and subwoofer to power.
- Then, look for a “Pairing” button on the subwoofer device.
- Tip: We strongly recommend consulting the user’s manual.
- Hold the “Pairing” subwoofer button for at least 10 seconds.
- Hold the “Power” button on the Vizio soundbar for 5 seconds.
- If the Vizio soundbar blinks 3 times, the syncing is successful.
Reminder: When you’re ready with the syncing, play some music to test the pairing!
How to Sync Sub Vizio Soundbar with Subwoofer?
If you have an old Vizio subwoofer, there are a couple of different methods of connection to attempt but the wireless method might not work.
Some older models use Bluetooth, hence you need to follow the steps for a wireless connection that we’ve described earlier in the guide.
In case of a no pairing button, you need to verify whether you can use a “wired” connection instead.
The Vizio soundbar must have a wired output, such as HDMI, RCA, digital Coax, or Toslink Optical. If your Vizio soundbar does not have wired capabilities, this won’t work.
Using a Mobile App!
Some subwoofer models might be able to connect to your Vizio soundbar through WiFi, and by using the mobile app.
So if your old subwoofer is Wi-Fi-enabled, don’t forget to download the app and check whether the device can be connected wirelessly to your Vizio soundbar.
Vizio Soundbar Not Connecting to Vizio Subwoofer?
In case the process keeps failing and you’re unable to sync both devices, we’ve got a bunch of steps to undertake and solve the problem.
- Power Cycle – Unplug all devices involved in your setup from the power outlet.
- Switch Power – Connect both the soundbar and subwoofer to a different outlet.
- Factory Reset – Press and hold the Volume Down + Bluetooth for 5 seconds!
- Update OS – Update the Vizio soundbar’s firmware using the mobile application.
- Seek Help – In case of any trouble with the syncing go to Vizio Customer Support.
If your Vizio subwoofer and soundbar are not syncing, even after following the instructions from this guide, it’s not unlikely that one of your units is faulty.
In those cases, it’s best to consult with a professional for a qualified opinion and more troubleshooting.
In this guide, we have learned how to sync the Vizio soundbar with a subwoofer and how to adjust the correct audio settings.
The sync process works by entering “Pairing Mode” on the subwoofer first and then holding the “Power” button on the Soundbar for 5 seconds!
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023
- How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Menu Button Easily? - September 10, 2023