Wondering why your Vizio subwoofer not pairing? Well, without a doubt, this guide is for you!
The Vizio subwoofer is one of the best options for creating an amazing home sound system but sometimes there are potential pairing issues.
This is why we’ve prepared this complete guide to help you pair your Vizio subwoofer easily and also troubleshoot any obstacles along the way.
The Vizio subwoofer will not be able to pair, whenever the distance between the devices is too great or there are power issues impacting the pairing.
In addition, there are other factors for a failed pairing that involve the firmware version as well as enabled modes.
How To Pair A Vizio Subwoofer Correctly?
The most essential factor to learn as early as possible would be the correct way of connecting the Vizio subwoofer to the Vizio soundbar.
Without further ado, let’s check the correct steps:
- Ensure that the Vizio subwoofer and soundbar are powered on.
- Locate the Pair or Link buttons from the Vizio subwoofer.
- Press and hold the Pair button on the subwoofer for 5 seconds.
- Wait until the red light begins to blink on the Vizio subwoofer.
- On the soundbar, press and hold the Pair button for 5-10 seconds.
- The lights on the soundbar will flash to indicate a successful pairing.
If you’re following the correct steps but the subwoofer is not pairing, proceed with the guide!
7 Ways to Fix When Vizio Subwoofer Not Pairing?
Tip: Follow the steps in chronological order for quick and effective troubleshooting!
1. Power Cycle the Vizio Setup!
Sometimes the subwoofer will not pair to the soundbar because of bugs and issues that can easily develop and prevent devices from connecting.
Fortunately, such issues can be resolved in a couple of minutes by simply performing a power circulation on both Vizio setup devices.
Here is how to restart the Vizio Subwoofer and Soundbar:
- Power off the soundbar and the subwoofer with the Power button.
- Unplug the adapter of both devices from the electrical wall outlet.
- Wait for up to 5 minutes for the complete discharge and cycle.
- Reconnect the power adapters to the power outlet securely.
- Power on the soundbar and subwoofer using the Power button.
Reminder: Use the steps earlier in the guide to perform the correct pairing process!
2. Inspect the Vizio Subwoofer’s Power!
One of the primary reasons why the Vizio subwoofer is not pairing even with the correct setup steps, is due to power fluctuations or insufficiency.
In that regard, the primary suspects are the power cable, the power adapter, and of course, the electrical outlet.
Tip: We strongly recommend plugging your Vizio subwoofer directly into the outlet!
How to Inspect Vizio Subwoofer/Soundbar Power?
- Unplug both the Vizio soundbar and subwoofer from power.
- Inspect the power cords and adapters for any visual faults.
- Test whether the electrical outlet works using another device.
- Plug the Vizio subwoofer directly into the outlet – avoid extenders.
- Test whether the Vizio soundbar and subwoofer are working:
✅ Vizio Soundbar – a blinking or solid light should appear near the power switch.
✅ Vizio Subwoofer – the volume indicator light will show up if the device is working.
When you are sure that your Vizio subwoofer is powered on and that the wires are securely connected, try pairing your Subwoofer.
In case it still doesn’t work, continue reading further!
3. Put Devices into *Pairing Mode*
Every Vizio subwoofer and soundbar has a dedicated button to put the devices into Pairing Mode because they can’t go into pairing mode when powered on.
It’s possible that one of your devices isn’t in pairing mode and that is why your Vizio subwoofer isn’t pairing.
- You need to enable the Pairing Mode for both Vizio devices!
How to Put Vizio Subwoofer In Pairing Mode:
- Ensure your Vizio subwoofer is powered on and working.
- Locate the Pairing or Link button from the subwoofer.
- Press the Pairing / Link button to start the pairing mode.
How to Put Vizio Soundbar In Pairing Mode:
- Ensure the Vizio soundbar is powered on and working.
- Locate and press the Pair button on the remote.
- Your Soundbar will automatically enter pairing mode.
When you are sure that your Vizio subwoofer and soundbar are powered on and are in pairing mode, test the process.
In case the same issue persists and you can’t pair, continue reading!
4. Close the Distance Proximity!
If your Vizio subwoofer and soundbar are placed too far away, then this is the possible cause that your subwoofer is not pairing.
This is why it’s important to check and ensure that both devices are close enough (maximum 10 feet), to ensure that the distance is not the culprit.
- Also, remove any wireless devices in-between to reduce interference!
When you are sure that your Vizio sound systems are turned on and placed closer to each other, test whether they can now pair.
In case, however, you’re still unable to pair them, keep reading!
5. Stop Subwoofer’s Eco Mode
If you enable the Echo mode on your Vizio subwoofer, it will prevent the subwoofer from pairing with other devices due to power consumption.
This is why, the next step is to check and see if the Eco Power or Energy Start options on your subwoofer are on and disable them.
- To enable or disable Eco Mode on your Vizio Subwoofer, press and hold the Power + Volume Down for 5 seconds!
If you’re not sure whether the mode is enabled or disabled, hold the button combination for 5 seconds and attempt to pair the Subwoofer.
In case the pairing fails again, hold the combination of buttons again for 5 seconds, and test whether you’ll be able to pair the subwoofer then.
Tip: Also don’t forget to unmute your TV or output player connected to the Vizio subwoofer!
6. Factory Reset Vizio Soundbar!
If your Vizio subwoofer is still not pairing, then you would need to perform a factory reset on the soundbar, which is one of the most-effective approaches.
This will completely unpair both units and in case they are only partially paired and not working, so let’s continue with the steps!
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on the Vizio soundbar in easy steps:
- Ensure that the Vizio soundbar is connected and working.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth + Volume Down buttons.
- Wait for at least 5 seconds or until all LEDs flash 3 times.
- Shortly after, the Vizio soundbar will automatically reset.
Reminder: When the Vizio soundbar is factory reset, test whether the subwoofer will pair!
7. Update Vizio Soundbar’s Firmware
If your Vizio subwoofer is still not pairing even after trying every method from this guide, then possibly the soundbar’s outdated firmware is the culprit behind this mess.
Don’t worry, all you have to do is to update your Vizio soundbar manually, which requires a few extra steps!
Here is how to update the Vizio soundbar firmware manually:
- Open the web browser on any internet computer or laptop.
- Go to Vizio’s official website and tap on Find Your Firmware.
- Enter your Vizio soundbar Serial Number > Get Firmware Date.
- In case there is a more-recent update available, tap on Download.
- Connect the USB drive to your PC and transfer the file inside.
- Then press the Power button on your soundbar to power the unit.
- While the soundbar is powering, remove the power cord from it.
- Connect the USB drive and the power cord to the soundbar.
- The lights on the soundbar will begin to blink and keep flashing.
- When the light on the soundbar stops, disconnect the USB driver.
When you’re ready with the steps above, then your Vizio soundbar is now up to date and it’s likely that the pairing will now work.
So, scroll up in the guide, and using the correct steps at the beginning, test whether the Vizio subwoofer will now be able to seamlessly connect.
Need More Help?
In case you’ve attempted everything in this guide but your Vizio subwoofer is still not pairing, reach out to Vizio’s Customer Support for further help.
Provide them with detailed information about your problem, the model numbers, and what you’ve already tried to receive qualified help!
If your Vizio subwoofer not pairing, ensure that both devices are powered on, restart both instances and put them both into Pairing Mode. Moreover, you might have to close the proximity between both devices and perform a factory reset on the Vizio soundbar!
Check out our blog for more Vizio subwoofer guides!
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024