Is HBO Max not working on Samsung TV? It can be frustrating, especially after having an urge to watch something different from the common television shows. However, you can resolve the issue when it occurs without too many hassles.
So, when you open the Smart Hub, then scroll towards the HBO Max only to bump to it not loading, freezing, or failing to show up. What would you do? Reading below will give you some quick fixes for any of these issues.
Ensure that you have a stable internet connection if HBO Max fails to work on your Samsung TV. You can also reboot your device to check if the issue resolves. Never forget to update the app if you wish it to run without hitches.
Several issues cause the HBO Max to fail to work on your Samsung TV. Below are some of them.
- HBO Max is outdated
- Your device lacks an internet connection
- Your TV’s firmware is outdated
- Your device storage space is full
Note: HBO Max allows subscribers to watch a variety of videos, shows, blockbuster movies, and other entertainments from the app.
To use the services, you must subscribe for $15 monthly for ad-free streaming. However, you will need to pay $10 monthly if the streaming supports ads. If you choose the annual plan, you can save up to around 16%.
If your apps fail to work on Samsung TV, the first thing you should confirm is whether you have the internet on your device. You can check using the steps below.
Step #1: Click the home key on your Samsung TV remote.
Step #2: Navigate to settings then the General menu.
Step #3: Choose Network followed by Network status.
The page will show you if your device is connected to the internet or not. If not, try the second method.
Your router supplies the internet to your TV. If it has an issue, your TV will not connect to the internet. Restarting the router can help troubleshoot the HBO Max not loading on Samsung TV issue.
1. Unplug your router from the power outlet.
2. Please wait for 60 seconds, then plug it back in.
Power cycling refreshes your TV and helps fix several issues, including the ones affecting your apps. Use these steps to power cycle.
- Power off the TV.
- Unplug the TV from its power source.
- Please wait for a minute, then plug back the TV and power it on.
- Launch the app to see if it works.
Cold booting your TV shuts it down, then reboots it. It solves several issues with your TV apps, pictures, and menu glitches. You can cold boot with or without a remote.
- Hold the power button of your Samsung TV remote.
- Wait for around 5 seconds or until your TV shuts down and on.
- Go to your HBO max app to see if it is working.
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet.
- Leave it for 30 seconds, then plug it back.
When your TV has limited storage, some apps may not work. Deleting some third-party apps that you are not using can create some space. Besides, it removes clutter; hence you can easily navigate through other apps.
Step #1: Go to your Samsung TV home screen.
Step #2: Select Apps.
Step #3: On the top right corner of your screen, click the Gear icon.
Step #4: Choose the app (s) you are not using, then uninstall.
Uninstalling then reinstalling the misbehaving app can make it work again. Use these steps.
- Go to the Apps page.
- Navigate to the gear icon, then click it.
- Locate the HBO Max app.
- Delete the app.
- Go to your Samsung TV home screen.
- Click on the search icon, then enter HBO Max.
- You will see the name HBO Max; click.
- Select install.
You must always ensure that all your apps run on the latest version if you do not want them to stop working. Use these steps to update HBO Max.
- On your Samsung screen, go to the Apps section.
- Navigate to the Gear icon, then select updates.
- If HBO Max has updates, kindly select it to update.
Always make sure that your device runs the latest software. Old software will always cause glitches and errors on the system leading to the failure of some apps. Update your device using the steps below.
1. Navigate to the settings menu.
2. Select support followed by Software update.
3. Click on Update Now.
The above methods should fix the HBO Max app on your Samsung TV. If not, you may need to reset your Smart Hub.
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Settings, then select support.
- Click Device care, then select Self Diagnosis.
- Navigate to Reset Smart Hub, then enter your TV’s PIN.
This last step logs you out from all your accounts and deletes all apps you have downloaded. However, it restores most glitches once you sign in again.
If resetting the smart Hub does not restore the HBO Max, you may need to contact customer support.
HBO Max works if your Samsung TV has a stable internet connection. You can reboot your device and update the app to let it run the latest version for it to work correctly.
Do not hesitate to check the above methods whenever you have your HBO Max not working on Samsung TV. They are easy DIYs that you can use to fix the issue within minutes.
You always need to ensure that your Samsung TV has an internet connection. So, your router must be working. If it does not solve the issue, update the HBO Max to get its latest version. Do not ignore reinstalling the app; perhaps, it will solve the problem once and for all.
If HBO Max is not working on your Samsung TV, you will need to check your internet connection. If it is okay, cold boot your device and update the app to resolve the issue.
- How to Use Sengled Bulb Without Hub? – Complete Guide - September 26, 2022
- How to Fix Crunchyroll Offline Viewing Not Working? - September 26, 2022
- Graco Swing Not Working When Plugged In? – Complete Fix Guide - September 26, 2022