Perceiving that HBO Max not working on Samsung TV, we assure anyone reading this that all this fuss is nothing too complex to solve.
In this guide, we’ll go through only the most important!
When HBO Max refuses to launch on a Samsung TV, checking the WiFi connection is mandatory as well as clearing the cache of the app.
If nothing seems to be working, you should ensure that the Samsung TV is up to date and ultimately perform a system reset.
Let’s dig deeper into this!
Why Does HBO Max App Not Working On Samsung TV?
Here’s why HBO Max application won’t work on your Samsung TV:
- An issue with the WiFi network
- A problem with the Tv software.
- Outdated Samsung TV firmware.
- A problem with the HBO account
- Overfilled cache data of HBO Max
- Temporal Samsung server outage
- Ongoing maintenance with HBO
How to Check if HBO Max is Compatible?
Now that HBO Max has become a valid streaming app on many Samsung TVs, the platform will not be accessible by all models.
Especially older Samsung TV smart devices may not have the application in their content store at all.
Unofficial HBO Max App?
Acquiring HBO Max from a third-party source (via USB or web download centers) could also be the reason why the app is not working.
In case you’ve downloaded HBO from an unofficial source, uninstall the unknown software and acquire the app from the Samsung TV content store!
8 Solutions When HBO Max App On Samsung TV Not Working!
Tip: Follow our instructions closely and in chronological order!
1. Connect Samsung TV to WiFi!
Without WiFi, none of the online streaming platforms including HBO Max would work on your Samsung TV.
The most forward and important thing you must check on your TV is whether the unit is connected to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet cable.
Here’s how to reconnect your Samsung TV to the WiFi:
- Press the MENU button on the remote.
- Navigate into the Settings application.
- Head into the “Network” section next.
- Press on the “Network Settings” button.
- Choose “Network Type” > “Wireless”.
- Tap on your network once it appears.
- Insert your WiFi password > “Connect”.
Info: If your network device and WiFi are both working fine, your Samsung TV should display a “Connected” status next to your home network.
2. Power Cycle the Samsung TV
The power cycle is an effective solution against any app problems on your Samsung TV, hence HBO Max might start working after the process.
The solution involves restarting your Samsung TV and taking one step further and also unplugging the unit from the outlet.
Here’s how to effectively reboot (power cycle) your Samsung TV:
- Use the remote control to shut down your TV.
- Unplug the power adapter from the device.
- Wait for the least amount of 5 minutes.
- Connect the TV’s adapter back into the outlet.
- Turn on the Samsung TV and open HBO Max.
Tip: While power cycling your Samsung TV we strongly recommend doing the same with your network router to refresh the wireless network.
3. Update Samsung TV Software!
If your Samsung TV is falling behind on software versions, it could be causing the foundations of particular applications to collapse, HBO Max included.
To settle this problem, you should upload the latest available firmware to your Samsung TV, through the software settings.
- If your Samsung TV is 7-10 years or older, it may be already out of support!
Let’s learn how to update the software of a Samsung TV:
- Through the Menu page, navigate to Settings.
- Locate and enter the “Support” configuration tab.
- Next, scroll down and enter the “Software Update” page.
- Press on the “Update Now” button to start the process.
Info: The Samsung TV takes 5 minutes to update on average so avoid interacting with the device while the “Updating” is on the screen.
4. Clear the HBO App Data (Cache)
If you’ve been using HBO Max for a while now and this problem has appeared out of a sudden, you should clear the data (cache) of the HBO app.
Too much excess file data (cache) could cause issues with the app’s performance and functionality.
Here are the simple steps to clear HBO Max’s cache on your Samsung:
- Open the Settings menu on your Samsung device.
- Go into the “Support” section followed by “Device Care”.
- From there, press the “Manage Storage” button.
- Wait for the menu with all applications to occur.
- Select the “HBO Max” application from the list.
- Press on the “Clear Cache” icon on the screen.
Tip: Clear the cache data of the application you’re using most frequently!
5. Uninstall and Reinstall HBO Max!
This deep into the guide already, the next step is something drastic as a clean installation of HBO Max.
This step is necessary against corrupted data or bad initial installation, and the only downside is that you’ll be signed out of your account as all in-app settings will be reverted.
Follow these instructions to reinstall HBO Max on your Samsung TV:
- Press the Home button on your Samsung remote control.
- Navigate into the Settings menu of the television device.
- Scroll down and locate HBO Max application in the tab.
- From the right side menu, highlight “Delete” using the remote.
- Wait for HBO Max application to be uninstalled from the TV.
- Go back to the home screen and access the content store.
- Locate and reinstall HBO Max application on your Samsung TV.
Alert: Uninstalling the application will sign you out of your account as well as
6. Clear Out Issues with your Account!
In terms of the HBO account’s condition, the next step is to rule out the possibility of potential suspension of the profile.
Even though you may be inserting the correct login credentials, other issues with your account may be in effect, suspending it in some way.
Try the following tips to verify that your HBO account is valid:
- Confirm the Correct Credentials:
Double-check if your HBO login credentials are correct. HBO Max can be used as a standalone user or through an operator providing a free subscription.
It’s important to verify that you’re signing in with an account that is subscribed and eligible for streaming.
- Check the Validity of the Plan:
If your HBO subscription runs out, you’ll be unable to access the platform. Simply navigate to the official website of HBO Max, log in to your account, and navigate to “Subscription”.
- Verify Account is Not Suspended:
The best way to verify that your HBO account is not suspended in any way is to access HBO Max account from another device.
Use the same credentials (and preferably the same WiFi), to try and access HBO Max (tip: use your smartphone).
Info: If there’s an active suspension lifted on your account, contact HBO Max Support!
7. Revert Samsung TV to Initial Settings!
Performing a factory reset on your Samsung TV may help with the problematic HBO Max application.
It’s a way to start clean on your TV, without any apps installed or services enabled, and then check if HBO Max will be functional.
- Factory resetting the Samsung TV will result in permanent loss of all data!
Here are the instructions to factory reset your Samsung TV:
- Get into the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to “Reset”.
- Enter (“0000”) PIN code.
- Press on “Next” or “Reset”.
- Wait for your Samsung TV.
Info: When you reset the Samsung TV, you’ll have to set up the device from scratch.
All initial settings such as network configurations, preferences, and passwords must be configured again.
Need More Help?
Reaching this far into the guide, we can only assume that your Samsung TV is facing issues running HBO Max application.
Now would be the best time to test whether other apps on your Samsung TV are working, in order to be able to draw a conclusion.
Tip: Also test HBO Max on a different TV (if possible) before seeking professional help!
We’ve learned that when HBO Max not working on Samsung TV, the best solution is to reboot the Samsung TV and check for issues with your account.
If the issue persists uninstall and install HBO Max and perform a system reset on the Samsung TV.
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024