Wondering why the Frigidaire Dishwasher won’t start lights on? We got you covered!
Frigidaire Dishwasher is not just very convenient to use but is well known for its cleaning efficiency.
However, when the dishwasher stops working, even with the lights on, everything comes to a complete stop.
Let’s resolve the problem with our quick solutions!
To fix when a Frigidaire Dishwasher won’t start with the lights on, check the Power Supply and fix the Door Switch. Next, reset the Control Panel Settings and Power Circulate the device. Finally, replace the Touchpad and repair the Water Supply!
Let’s learn how you can easily fix a Frigidaire dishwasher that won’t start!
How To Fix When Frigidaire Dishwasher Not Turning On?
If your Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start, one of its components may fail and prevent it from properly working.
To settle this, you could have a look at all of the dishwasher’s components that could develop a fault eventually. One thing before we begin!
You must always keep in mind that a dishwasher won’t operate if it is overloaded with utensils because the door will not close.
In case you’re sure you haven’t overloaded your dishwasher, but it still won’t start up, then let’s try out our fix solutions!
Solution #1 Check Power Supply!
Most dishwashers won’t turn on because of insufficient power supply and it can happen due to different factors.
However, when the device can’t acquire enough power, it can’t support its other components to start working normally.
Solution: You should Power Cycle your Frigidaire dishwasher to see if this will help!
Here is how to inspect and refresh the power supply!
- Turn OFF the Frigidaire Dishwasher!
- Unplug the device from the power.
- Ensure that the Electrical Outlet and Power Cord are working fine.
- Make sure that the Power Switch on the bottom is turned ON.
- Test the dishwasher outlet by plugging in other appliances.
- Make sure the dishwasher breaker is not tripped OFF.
- Reconnect the machine to the power.
Now that we’ve inspected the power supply and power cycled the dishwasher we can test whether the device will now start.
In case the lights are still on and the machine won’t start, perhaps the issue comes from something else. Keep reading!
Alert: Do not use extension cords for your dishwasher, as they pose several serious dangers, including fire hazards.
Solution #2 Fix Door Latch Switch
A faulty Door Latch Switch is also one of the reasons that directly depends on whether the Dishwasher starts or not.
When the door does not close due to a faulty switch, it can’t send a signal to the control board to initiate the wash cycle, and that’s why the Dishwasher won’t start.
Tip: You only need to check the door latch by running a Continuity Test.
Here is how you can fix your dishwasher door latch switch:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the Power Outlet.
- Open the door and remove the control board mounting screws.
- Then, pull off the Control Board.
- Next, unscrew the Door Latch Screws and remove them.
- Take a multimeter and connect both probes to the latch ends.
- If the meter shows continuity, then the latch is functional.
- But if not, then replace the latch.
- Reassemble the dishwasher components the way you opened them.
In case the Frigidaire dishwasher door latch is broken, it’s strongly recommended to perform a replacement as soon as possible.
To find a compatible door latch, check on the bottom!
Solution #3 Reset Control Panel Settings!
If your dishwasher is not starting, even if its lights are turned on, then the control panel’s faulty settings are the main culprit here.
There might be a possibility that you have selected the wrong settings for your dishwasher cycle and that’s why it is not turning on.
Solution: You only need to reset your dishwasher control board settings!
Here is a way to reset your dishwasher’s incorrect settings:
- Alert: Avoid touching the dishwasher control panel with wet hands!
- Make sure to tap on the Start button right after selecting the wash cycle.
- Before starting a cycle, ensure that the Child Mode on your dishwasher is turned OFF.
- Press and hold the Delay Start button for 4 seconds to turn it OFF.
- Also, turn off the dishwasher timer, right after tapping the Start button!
When you’re ready, carefully inspect the control panel. If you see any fault either in the panel or button, then they need to be replaced.
In case everything appears well, keep reading!
Tip: For control panel or button replacement, take help from your dishwasher manual to correctly access them!
Solution #4 Replace The Touchpad
If your Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start lights on after attempting the aforementioned solutions, then its touchpad is surely faulty.
There is a high possibility that your control board’s touchpad or ribbon cable may stop working, rendering the Start button nonfunctional.
Quick Fact: Moisture is one of the most common reasons for an impacted touchpad.
Here is how you can replace and clean the touchpad and ribbon cable:
- Unplug the Frigidaire Dishwasher from power.
- Open the door and remove all screws from the inside.
- Then, pull off the Control Board and place it aside.
- Next, open the screws that can hold the panel to access the Ribbon Cable.
- Pull off the ribbon cable from the controller board by pulling the cable at least 3-4 times.
- Then take a Pencil Eraser to clean the ribbon contacts properly from inside and out.
- Remove the Control Board and Door Latch Assembly.
- Pull off the Old Touchpad.
When you’re ready, snap the door latch assembly, control board, and ribbon on the touchpad.
Then you can place back the control board cover and cover the control panel on the door and secure it with mounting screws.
Note: The dishwasher should now start, except if there is another problem involved!
Solution #5 Inspect Water Supply
Insufficient water supply is also one of the causes that won’t allow starting the dishwasher until it won’t get appropriate water pressure.
So there may be a chance that your dishwasher hose is clogged, the inlet valve is turned off or your home water pressure is too low.
Here are some tips to fix your dishwasher water supply problems:
- Make sure that the Water Supply Valve is turned ON.
- Use the dishwasher manual to access the water inlet valve and hose.
- Make sure they are not broken. If so, then replace them right away.
- Turn on your kitchen tap to check the Water Pressure.
- If it is good then take a Water Pressure Gauge and test.
If the pressure is less than 30 psi, then surely low pressure is causing the issue.
You need to increase the water pressure of your home by asking some professionals to assist you.
Tip: Avoid turning on the shower while using the dishwasher, because it will decrease the water pressure.
Solution #6 Replace Thermal Fuse
A blown Thermal Fuse won’t allow the Frigidaire dishwasher to start, because when the control panel cannot communicate with the thermal fuse, it can’t get power.
Obviously won’t initiate the cycle and won’t start.
Note: All you need to do is to run a Continuity Test on the thermal fuse!
Here is how you can test your Frigidaire dishwasher, Thermal Fuse:
- Turn OFF the dishwasher from the Power and Water Supply Valves.
- Unscrew all the mounting screws from inside the door.
- Separate both parts by placing a weight on the Control Panel Door.
- Remove the Control Board Cover and then reconnect the wires from the door latch.
- Use a screwdriver and pull off the Thermal Fuse from the board.
- Carry out a Continuity Test. If there is no continuity, replace it.
Replace Thermal Fuse?
To replace, remove the black wires terminal from the control board and pull out the brown wire from the block via a screwdriver.
Then totally remove that brown wire from the board and remove the fuse. Connect the cable ends to the fuse, to the terminal, and to the door latch.
- When you’re ready, reassemble the dishwasher in the order!
Note: Refer to the dishwasher manual to locate the drive motor and run a continuity test!
Read Next: How To Clean GE Profile Dishwasher?
Whenever your Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start even with the panel lights on, you need to make sure the Door Latch is functional and closed. Also, make sure that the machine’s Power and Water Supply, Control Panel Touchpad, and Thermal Fuse are all working.
In this guide, we have covered why Frigidaire Dishwasher won’t start lights on.
All you need to solve this issue is to make sure that every component that is a source of power to the dishwasher is working fine.
Moreover, follow the guide to learn the step-by-step guide to fix it.
Need Frigidaire Dishwasher Door Latch?
In case you’ve identified that your Frigidaire dishwasher door latch is broken and you’re looking for a replacement, we strongly recommend the Frigidaire Dishwasher Door Latch Kit.
You’ll be able to replace the component in minutes and you’ll be able to turn on your dishwasher!
- YouTube TV NBC Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Fire TV? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Homekit Remote Access Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - February 2, 2023