Wondering why the Eufy Homebase 2 red light appears? Keep reading to know!
Eufy Homebase is used to connect wired and wireless cameras to the WiFi. This is the central communication device, however, sometimes it runs into problems.
The primary issue indication is the red flashing light. In this guide, we’ll unwrap everything that you need to know!
Eufy Homebase’s “Red Light” flashes when there is something wrong happening with the Homebase. It might be anything, such as inadequate power, a weak or unavailable network connection, a defective Ethernet cable, or a glitch in the system!
Fortunately, by following our guide, all of these issues may be addressed easily!
Eufy Homebase 2 Red Light? – Fix Guide
A red light that flashes on your Eufy Homebase is an indication that something is wrong with the base.
You must now examine every aspect that might have an impact on the efficiency of Homebase, so let’s learn how to easily determine an underlying issue.
Solution #1 Restart Eufy Homebase!
Homebase typically displays red lights due to a weak power source or WiFi connection!
Simply restarting your Eufy Homebase is all that you need and by doing so, the Homebase updates all of its connections with the devices and begins to operate properly.
Tip: Make sure to use a 12V-2A power adapter for your Homebase!
Here is how you can restart Eufy Homebase:
- Press the Power button from the back of the base.
- Unplug the Homebase from the power outlet.
- Clean the dust from the outlet. (Optional)
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug the Homebase back into the outlet.
- Press the Power button again to turn on the base.
Note: After restarting, if the red light is flashing, then move forward to the next solution!
Solution #2 Reboot The WiFi Router
Rebooting your WiFi router is the next thing you should perform.
It is possible that the base’s red light is flashing because it is not receiving enough network strength.
However, when you restart your WiFi router, the network strength for all connected devices will be refreshed.
Here is how you can reboot your WiFi router:
- Unplug the router from the Power Outlet.
- Disconnect ALL of the connected WiFi devices.
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable (Optional).
- Wait for at least 5 minutes with the router disconnected.
- Reconnect ALL cables and plug your router back into power.
To ensure that your WiFi network is available on Homebase after restarting, there are a few more factors you should take into consideration.
It includes the network’s availability, the number of devices connected to the network, and possible signal interference.
Alert: Proceed only if you can confirm that your WiFi is currently intact.
Solution #3 Reconnect Homebase To WiFi
Sometimes, continuously connected devices will lose their network stored settings and experience some sort of glitch with the Homebase network.
If the Homebase is not correctly interacting with the router that would be the reason why Eufy homebase 2 red light flashing.
Solution: You can get out of this mess by reconnecting your Homebase to the internet!
Here is how you can reconnect Homebase to WiFi:
- Power ON the Eufy Homebase.
- Open the eufySecurity mobile app.
- Navigate to the Devices tab.
- Choose your Homebase.
- Go to its Settings from the top right corner.
- Tap on General > Connection.
- Then, select WiFi / Ethernet Cable connection.
- Select your 2.4GHz WiFi Network.
- Enter router credentials.
- Tap Next to reconnect.
When the Homebase is connected to the WiFi, the red light should be gone and the device should perform optimally.
In case the problem is still there, proceed with the next solution!
Solution #4 Inspect The Ethernet Cable!
The Ethernet cable is one of the compulsory things to set up your Homebase with WiFi.
Maybe your cable is faulty or interrupted and that’s why it is losing network signals.
Additionally, cables lose their ability to function with time, thus occasionally replacing the cable is the best course of action.
- Before replacing anything, it’s better to perform a thorough inspection!
Here is how you can test your Eufy Homebase ethernet cable:
- Unplug the router and Homebase from power.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from both devices.
- Check cable ends for any breakage.
- Connect one end of the cable to Homebase.
- Connect the other end to the different Ethernet Port (yellow) on your router.
- Plug in the router and Homebase.
When there are no lights on the end of the Ethernet cable on any side, it means that the cable is not transferring data, hence, not working.
If you don’t have a replacement Ethernet cable to test with, scroll to the bottom of the guide to find a unit that will get the job done!
Tip: Test your Eufy Homebase power cable as well!
Solution #5 Configure Network Settings
Only networks that meet the requirements of Eufy Homebase are compatible with it.
When your network configuration won’t work with the Homebase you must check the Frequency Settings.
Let’s learn more!
Here’s how to make your network Eufy Homebase compatible:
- WiFi must have 2.4GHz network bandwidth.
- 2.4GHz WiFi SSID is not hidden at all.
- The network security level is set to WPA / WPA2.
- Your network must have DHCP enabled.
- Use a proven-to-work Ethernet cable.
How To Modify Network Settings?
You can modify the settings of your network by inserting “192.168.1.1” into an online browser and using admin/admin or admin/password to sign in.
Once inside your router’s control panel, you can discover the options under “Wireless Network” or “Advanced Wireless Settings”.
Solution #6 Upgrade Homebase 2 Firmware
Outdated Homebase Firmware sometimes causes connectivity issues, so we’ll need to make sure that you’re up to date.
When connected to the network, Homebase typically upgrades its firmware automatically but it’s possible that something is preventing the update.
Here is how you can manually upgrade Homebase 2 firmware:
- Open the eufySecurity mobile app.
- Go to the Devices tab and select your Homebase.
- Next, tap on the gear Settings icon from the top right corner.
- Go to General > About Device.
- Tap on the Update Version if available.
- Within a few minutes, the updates will be installed on your device.
It’s important to restart the application once you’re done. This will refresh the updated files so you can test and check whether the red light will appear again.
Tip: Some updates might take several hours so check for the red light again later!
Solution #7 Reset Eufy HomeBase
If you have followed all the steps and your Eufy Homebase still has a red light, a Factory Reset will resolve the issue at its core.
The downside is that ALL of the Homebase’s Settings will be permanently deleted, but don’t worry, you can easily set them up again.
Here is how you can reset your Homebase 2:
- Unplug the Ethernet and Power cable from the Homebase.
- Press the “Cycle Hole Sync” button from the back of Homebase.
- Release the button when you hear “Homebase is Resetting”.
- Connect the working ethernet cable to the port.
- Then, connect the Power cable to the Homebase.
- Lastly, connect the Homebase to the WiFi by following Solution #3.
Eufy Homebase Red Light Still There…
If you are still having a solid red light on your Eufy Homebase, then you need to make sure that the Power Cable and Ethernet Cable are working fine and firmly connected.
In addition, it’s worth trying to reconnect the Homebase to WiFi after performing a Power Cycle.
In case you’ve tried everything and nothing helped, contact Eufy Customer Service!
Tip: Share everything you’ve tried in this guide to save as much time as possible!
Thus, whenever the solid red light on your Eufy Homebase appears, you must confirm that the networking devices and power supply are in good condition. The solution involves re-configuring your Network Settings and resetting your Eufy Homebase!
In this guide, we have thoroughly covered why Eufy Homebase 2 red light comes and how you can fix it easily.
All you need is to make sure the Homebase power and network connection are stable and properly configured with the Homebase. Good luck!
In case this guide was helpful make sure to check our tech blog to discover more Eufy guides and solution steps to tackle your smart home issues. You’re missing out!
- Blink Live View Not Supported? – Complete Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- Chefman Electric Kettle Won’t Turn On? – Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- How to Fix Nanit Night Vision Not Working? – Complete Fix! - December 3, 2022