Is your Wyze plug flashing blue light? There’s a simple way to explain this!
When a particular light appears on your Wyze Plug and generally, on all other devices, there’s a simple explanation for the problem.
The blue light on your Wyze plug is caused by a particular situation, not necessarily a fault.
Let’s learn how to fix this!
To fix a Wyze Plug that is flashing in a blue light, Power Cycle the device and connect it to a different Power Source in your home. Next, enable the Bluetooth and Location Access settings on your mobile device and perform a Reset on the Wyze Plug!
Let’s find out what particularly causes the blinking blue light on your Wyze Plug!
Wyze Plug Blinking Blue Light – Explained!
In order to take your troubleshooting to the next level, we must first identify the issue!
- A Blinking Blue Light means that the plug is in Pairing Mode!
Understanding what causes the blue light and under what circumstances will the plug blink, will give away the resolution to the problem.
Here’s what causes the plug to stay in pairing:
- The Bluetooth and Location are disabled on your mobile
- There’s an issue with the Wyze App
- The plug is Unable to Connect with the Network
- The Wyze Plug is having issues Withdrawing Power
We hope you’ve been able to understand what most often causes the blinking blue light on your plug.
Let’s proceed with the best troubleshooting approaches available for this issue!
Wyze Plug Blinking Blue – Best Solutions!
After learning more about the blue blinking light on your Wyze Plug, it’s time to troubleshoot!
You must follow our solutions consecutively to achieve the best troubleshooting efficiency and come up with the best approach.
Let’s jump in with the fix!
Solution #1 Enable Bluetooth & Location
While setting up your Wyze Plug, you must have your device’s location and Bluetooth Access enabled.
This is essential for acclimating the plug to your home network and hosting the wireless connection between the Wyze Plug and the App.
Here’s how to toggle the Bluetooth and Location on your mobile:
How to enable Bluetooth:
- On your phone, go to Settings.
- Press the “Wireless” Tab.
- Navigate to “Bluetooth”.
- Press the Activation Slider to turn on the feature.
How to enable Location:
- On your mobile, head to Settings.
- Go to “GPS & Location”.
- Navigate to “Real-Time Location”.
- Press the Activation Slider to turn on the location setting.
After enabling the location, you may get a prompt to set up the real-time location of your device.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the setup of the setting.
Solution #2 Correct Network & WiFi Setup Details
When connecting your Wyze Plug to your network, specific requirements must be met.
- It is essential to type your network’s Correct Password during the setup
The reason your plug isn’t getting connected and stays in pairing mode and blinks blue is most likely due to the reason that your Network is 5GHz.
As far as the merchants have reported, their Wyze Plug only supports 2.4GHz WiFi frequency and not 5GHz.
Let’s first identify your network type:
- On your mobile, Pair it with the WiFi Network.
- Navigate to “Networks”.
- Press the Details Button on your home WiFi.
- Determine if the network is 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi.
If your network only has a 2.4GHz WiFi thread, create one through your router’s settings!
Note: Once the new WiFi is hosted, reconnect your plug to the 2.4GHz thread.
Solution #3 Power Cycle the Wyze Plug
Quite an effective solution is to undergo a Power Cycle on your Wyze Plug.
This is the common way to refresh the software and discharge the hardware of the plug and achieve a proper connection setup.
A power cycle usually lasts around 5 minutes for optimal efficiency and discharge of the associated device, in your case, the Wyze Plug.
How to Power Cycle a Wyze Plug device:
- Unplug your Wyze Plug from the electrical source.
- Wait for 5 Minutes while the plug is disconnected.
- Re-attach the plug to the Power Source.
- Wait for the device to start up.
- After the power cycle, the Wyze Plug may disconnect from the mobile app
Make sure to reconnect the plug to the mobile Wyze platform after it has completed the power cycling process.
With a bit of luck, the pulsating blue light will now be gone!
Note: Keep the Wyze device unplugged for at least 5 minutes to undergo a complete cycle.
Solution #4 Reinstall the Wyze App
Perhaps, a Connection Problem has occurred with the Wyze application!
Since the Wyze App is responsible for hooking up your plug with the network, a fault with the platform may be interrupting the connection.
The most audible solution to this problem is to get the Wyze application reinstalled on your mobile device and then retry the plug’s pairing.
Follow these instructions to reinstall the Wyze Application:
- Navigate to Settings on your mobile device.
- Press “Storage” to enter the storage pane.
- Choose “Applications”.
- Press the Search Field and type “Wyze”.
- Once the application occurs, Select It.
- Choose “Uninstall” to remove the application.
- Wait for the Wyze app to be Deleted.
- Launch the App Store of your mobile device.
- Download the Wyze app on your device.
- Sign in to your Profile and Test.
Uninstalling the Wyze app will ultimately delete the plug’s profile inside.
You must re-add the device once the Wyze app is reinstalled on your mobile and then fix the blue light.
Solution #5 Plug into Another Source
Perhaps, there’s an issue with the Power Source of your Wyze Plug.
If the Wyze device has issues withdrawing enough electricity, it will not function normally and probably stay in pairing mode until further notice.
The blinking blue light is a sign that the plug remains in pairing mode and is unable to complete the setup with Wi-Fi.
- Disconnect your Wyze Plug and find another electrical source!
It will take 30 to 60 seconds for your Wyze Plug to start functioning after connecting it to the new power outlet.
The only thing that’s expected of you is to make sure that the electrical source you’ve connected the plug to is stable and can transmit electricity to the plug.
To verify the new source’s functionality, it’s best to test with an alternative device that can tell you better.
For instance, use a vacuum cleaner, a light or even plug your phone’s charger.
Note: In regard to the old power source, contact a technician to take a look at it if it’s faulty.
Solution #6 Reset the Wyze Plug
If the Wyze Plug flashing blue light to no avail, you should perform a Factory Reset.
- Keep in mind that during Factory Reset, the plug will also blink in blue!
This method will flush the plug’ software which will hopefully resolve the developed connection issues.
Furthermore, a Factory Reset is especially recommended when the device is blinking without proper reasoning, such as in your case.
How to Factory Reset a Wyze Plug:
- Press and hold the ON/OFF Button on the Wyze Plug for 5 Seconds!
After that, the plug should begin blinking in blue again, but this time, in a different pattern.
The light will not be the same as the blinking blue light that the pairing mode emits.
Note: Once the Factory Reset is done, re-add the Wyze device to the mobile application!
Hence, the solution to the flashing blue light on your Wyze Plug is to enable Bluetooth and Location Access on your mobile. Next, Power Cycle the plug and connect it to a different power source. Finally, reinstall the Wyze app and trigger a Factory Reset.
In this guide, you’ve learned the best solution for Wyze plug flashing blue light.
It was important to first understand what the blue light indicates and help you identify the problem from your home.
If you’re still experiencing issues with the plug, contact Wyze Support!
You should check out our online technical blog for more Wyze-related solutions!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023