Wondering why Wyze cam V3 cannot connect to local network?
No worries, we guide you on how to fix it!
The Wyze cameras can easily be operable remotely via the mobile app on our home network.
The most frustrating situation, though, is when the camera wouldn’t connect to the network, regardless of what we attempt.
In this guide, we’ll learn why and solve the problem in minutes!
The Wyze camera can’t connect to the local network due to several possibilities. Some of them include a device malfunction, Weak Network Signal, Incompatible WiFi Frequency, Outdated OS, and application bugs. The solution requires a thorough inspection!
Let’s learn how you can fix when the Wyze V3 cam is not connecting to the network!
Wyze Cam V3 Not Connecting – Fixed in Minutes!
You may easily connect the Wyze cam to the local network with the help of the troubleshooting techniques discussed in this guide.
In order to properly resolve this issue, make sure to employ each of the below methods and not skip anything.
Solution #1 Power Cycle Wyze Setup
Restarting the device is typically the most efficient fix for the connectivity issue.
Additionally, Wyze advises users to restart their setup when a network connection issue arises.
All you need to do is perform a Power Circulation on your mobile device, Wyze camera, and router.
The Power Cycle aims to allow the devices to cool down and refresh!
Power Cycle Wyze Camera:
- Unplug the device from the electrical source.
- Be patient for at least 3 minutes while the camera refreshes.
- Reconnect the device to the power source.
- When you’re finished, re-initialize the device.
Power Cycle WiFi Router:
- Unplug the router from the power outlet.
- Disconnect all connected wires from the router and modem. (Optional)
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Connect everything back together.
Power Cycle Mobile:
- Hold and press the Power Button for a few seconds.
- Swipe the Reboot button to the right side.
- Within some seconds, your mobile will automatically restart.
After completing the power cycle, test whether you can now connect the Wyze camera V3 to the local network.
In case the problem is persistent, proceed reading further!
Note: Make sure that your internet subscription is active!
Solution #2 Check Network Configuration
The Wyze camera connects to a network whose specifications are compatible with the Wyze technology.
Most of the time, incorrect router settings or WiFi frequency could prevent the wireless link and that’s why the Wyze cam v3 cannot connect to local network.
You’ll need to enter the router’s settings first:
To access your router, type "192.168.1.1" into your browser and then log in with the username "Admin" and password "Admin".
1. Check Network Frequency
The Wyze V3 cam is only compatible with 2.4GHz networks. In order to switch your router’s frequency to 2.4GHz, simply follow the steps listed below:
- Click on Wireless Settings > Advanced Wireless Settings.
- Tap on Edit to switch the WiFi Frequency.
- Select a 2.4GHz channel.
- Tap on Save Settings.
2.Check Network SSID
Your local network’s SSID must not contain any special characters or spaces (both before and after), as the Wyze V3 cam cannot connect to networks with such SSIDs.
Additionally, we recommend changing your network’s SSID if there are no such problems.
This is how you can change your network SSID:
- Navigate to the Wireless Menu.
- Then switch to Default SSID to Wireless Network SSID.
- Change your router SSID.
- Tap on Save and then Apply to save settings.
- Reboot the router and then reconnect all devices to the new SSID.
3. Check Network DNS
When connecting a cam to a router, the DNS might occasionally cause problems since the ISP’s bandwidth is insufficient.
Check your DNS settings to see if they are set up correctly or not.
This is how you can check your network DNS settings:
- Navigate to WAN Settings > DNS Settings.
- Set primary DNS to 18.104.22.168.
- Set secondary DNS to 22.214.171.124
- Alternatively, contact your ISP to know about recommended DNS.
- Tap on Save to save the settings.
Note: make sure that the MAC Filter on your network is off. Navigate to Wireless Settings > Mac Filter > Turn OFF > Save.
Solution #3 Reset Network Settings
After configuring your network compatibility according to the Wyze cam, if it won’t connect to the network, then it’s possible that the problem comes from the mobile.
Why the mobile?
The Wyze camera uses the mobile app to be able to connect to the internet…
The only solution for a connection problem, coming from the mobile is the Network Reset.
This is how to reset your mobile network settings:
1. On Android Phones:
Settings > System / General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Confirm Reset.
2. On iPhones:
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Confirm.
After resetting, don’t forget to connect your mobile to the network and then try to connect!
Solution #4 Refresh The Wyze Software
In some cases when the Wyze application is not properly closed, and running in the background, it starts causing glitches with the connection.
Now that you have already configured all network settings and everything is working fine, the only thing you need to do is force-closing the app.
This is how to force close the Wyze software:
- While the app is open, tap on the Home Button.
- You’ll see that the app background process is floating.
- Swipe UP, to remove the app from the memory.
- Reopen the app, then try to reconnect the cam with the network.
Tip: Try to restart your mobile right after force-closing the app!
Solution #5 Update Camera Firmware
Out-of-date firmware typically caused the Wyze cam network connectivity issues. When the camera is not upgraded, over time it develops bugs.
It’s possible that older versions of the app prevent the camera from connecting to the internet through WiFi and the mobile app.
This is how to update Wyze camera firmware using the app:
- Ensure that your mobile is already connected to a network!
- Open the Wyze software.
- Go to the Devices tab in the menu.
- Tap on the Wyze camera.
- Navigate to camera Settings by tapping on the icon from the top right corner.
- Tap on Firmware Version.
- The firmware updates will automatically start installing.
Remember that the Wyze cam firmware will get updated only if there is a more recent version released.
In case there are no pending updates, perhaps the camera is already updated.
Tip: You can also install firmware upgrades to your camera by using a microSD card.
Solution #6 Factory Reset Camera
A Factory Reset usually works when nothing else helped and will help to establish a connection with the network.
It’s important to know that resetting the camera will remove all settings, and users will start from scratch. Let’s next learn how the reset is done!
This is how to do a Factory Reset on the Wyze camera:
- Connect the camera to the Power Source.
- Eject the microSD from your camera.
- Hold the Setup button from the back of the camera for 10 seconds.
- The status indicator will become solid yellow.
- Once the indicator starts to flash yellow, the reset has begun.
- Wait for 5 minutes until the camera completely resets.
Once the device is reset, you should link the camera to the application, then attempt connecting to a 2.4 GHz broadband of your WiFi.
In case the camera still won’t connect, the next best step is to seek professional assistance from Wyze Customer Support. Good luck!
That was everything about the Wyze V3 cam not connecting, so let’s recap what we’ve learned!
Whenever your Wyze V3 cam is not connecting to the network, you first need to reboot your mobile, router, and camera. Meanwhile, configure your local network settings to ensure its compatibility with the cam, and reset your mobile Network Settings!
In this guide, we have covered why Wyze cam V3 cannot connect to local network and how to solve the problem easily at home.
What we’ve learned is that the network specification has to be compatible with the V3 cam and the camera’s firmware must always be up to date!
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more Wyze connect, check our online blog.
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023