Wondering why the Vizio subwoofer no power light appears? Let’s find out!
Subwoofers are great devices for getting the perfect sound, but they are also prone to various problems.
Today, we will discuss why the Vizio subwoofer’s power is not showing up, the possible reasons, and the quickest and most-effective solutions.
Let’s learn more!
Typically, the Vizio subwoofer power light won’t turn on when there is any issue with the device’s power supply or the unit is defective.
The issue can be resolved easily by inspecting the device’s power components and performing some working techniques!
Let’s discuss in more detail about the subwoofer no power light issue!
Subwoofer No Power Light Vizio – Reasons & Causes!
If the power indicator light on your Vizio subwoofer is not on, it’s quite possible that the device isn’t receiving power.
Different factors can prevent the subwoofer from getting power, such as a faulty or corroded power cable, a broken power cord, or a faulty outlet.
Aside from the power issues, the Vizio subwoofer power light goes out when the device enters Sleep Mode.
Whenever the subwoofer is turned on and it isn’t used for a long time then the device automatically goes to sleeping mode and turns the lights off.
Here are all possibilities for no power light, as concisely as possible:
- Vizio Subwoofer Not Receiving Power
- The Vizio Subwoofer is in Sleep Mode
- Defective Power Equipment/Outlet
- Hardware Failure with the Vizio Subwoofer!
Yes, there aren’t many possibilities behind the power light issue and in this guide, we’ll make sure to tackle each of them.
This won’t be hard since we’ve made the entire guide without any technical steps, so without further ado, let’s jump right in!
Vizio Subwoofer No Power Light – Fixed in Minutes!
We are now going to discuss basic and effective methods that will help you easily address the no-power light issue from your Vizio subwoofer.
But before you start, first be sure that you follow every step without skipping anything for the fastest and most-effective results.
Let’s get started!
Solution #1 Hard-Reset The Vizio Subwoofer!
It should be clear that if your Vizio subwoofer’s power light is not on, it is likely because the device is not receiving power properly.
Occasionally even when a device receives power, it may still not function properly due to a loose connection or another issue with the subwoofer.
Therefore, hard resetting the device should be our first move against the problem, which might just be enough to answer the questions we’ve got.
Here is how to hard reset the Vizio subwoofer:
- Unplug the subwoofer’s Power Cord from the Power Outlet.
- Disconnect any third-party devices (speakers).
- Locate the Power Button on the subwoofer!
- Press and hold the Power Button for about 30 seconds.
- After that, simply release the button.
- Connect the cables back to the Vizio subwoofer.
- Make sure to connect them tightly.
- Then plug the subwoofer power cord back into the outlet.
The steps above will ultimately perform a power circulation on your Vizio subwoofer and any possible power failures should be resolved.
In case your Vizio subwoofer is not even turning on, proceed with the next solution.
Solution #2 Inspect The Vizio Power Cable
In case the Vizio subwoofer’s power light is still now showing up, perhaps the power cable is loose or impacted.
There is no direct way to understand whether the cable is faulty and for now we can only make sure that it’s tightly connected.
Most of the time the power cord either from the outlet end or subwoofer back is loosely connected. Therefore we need to inspect the cable to make sure that it has no faults.
Here is how you can check the Vizio subwoofer power cable:
- First, unplug the Vizio subwoofer from the Power Outlet.
- Remove the Power Cable from the back of the subwoofer.
- Hold and stretch the Power Cable and check if it is broken or frayed.
- If yes, then the power cable needs to be replaced.
- In case there are no signs of a fault, reconnect the cable tightly.
In case you didn’t know the Vizio subwoofer and soundbar are using the same power cables, hence you can immediately justify our theory.
Simply disconnect your soundbar from the power and use the power cable to connect your Vizio subwoofer.
Note: If the Vizio subwoofer is working with the replacement cable, you’ll need a replacement!
Solution #3 Check Subwoofer Power Outlet
Over time the power outlets can get defective and start to supply less and fluctuating voltage to the connected device.
Maybe your subwoofer and the power cables all are working fine but the outlet is faulty, which prevents your Vizio subwoofer from turning on at all.
Therefore, you must test the subwoofer’s outlet by plugging in any other device!
Here is how you can check the power outlet:
- First, take any other device such as a tablet or smartphone!
- Plug the device into the subwoofer’s outlet.
- If the device is charging well, the power outlet is OK.
- But if the device won’t start charging, the outlet is faulty.
- Alert: Avoid using a faulty power outlet!
Even when the outlet is operational, they occasionally are unable to provide a power supply.
This often occurs when a circuit breaker trips as a consequence of an electrical issue or a power surge. Therefore, make sure to check the breaker as well.
Note: Avoid plugging your Vizio subwoofer into a power strip or divider!
Solution #4 Alter The Subwoofer Volume!
Although adjusting the volume to fix the power light issue may seem like a weird technique, this has worked for many users having the same issue.
When the Vizio subwoofer is connected to the power but is not used for a long time then it will automatically go into Sleep Mode.
- You simply need to wake up your Vizio Subwoofer!
Here’s how to exit Sleep Mode on your Vizio Subwoofer:
- First, make sure the subwoofer is connected to a Power Outlet.
- Also, make sure the subwoofer is turned on via its Power Button.
- Use the remote to increase the Volume a few times.
- Then try to decrease the Volume, again several button presses.
In case the power light appears out of a sudden, then the Vizio subwoofer was simply put into sleep mode and now, it’s operational.
In case there are absolutely no signs of life, and the light simply won’t show up, perhaps you’re facing a more complex issue. Continue reading!
Solution #5 Try To Reset The Subwoofer!
In case nothing worked and the power light on your Vizio subwoofer is still not turning on, the final method that you can attempt at home is to perform a reset.
Fortunately, the reset would work even if your subwoofer is not turning since we’re mainly using the sound.
Here’s how to reset the Vizio subwoofer and soundbar:
- On the soundbar, press and hold the Bluetooth button.
- While holding, also press the Volume Down button.
- Keep holding both buttons for about 10 seconds.
- The power light on your subwoofer should start blinking.
In case you’ve followed the steps correctly, but the power light on your Vizio subwoofer is still not working, there is a high chance that your device is defective.
Still No Power Light?
Sometimes the Vizio subwoofer itself becomes defective and that’s why no workaround solutions will fix the issue.
Therefore, if you have tried every way from the guide, then now take professional help.
For help reach out to the Vizio Support team and share your device issue with them along with what troubleshooting you have done.
Also, if your subwoofer warranty is intact, then make sure to claim a replacement with a new subwoofer device.
Whenever your Vizio subwoofer no power light comes on, then first hard reset the device, then inspect the power equipment and electrical outlet.
In addition, reconnect the power cable tightly on both sides and wake up the subwoofer from Sleep Mode!
Visit our blog for more subwoofer and soundbar troubleshooting guides!
- How to Fix Insignia TV With No Picture? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023
- Maytag Washer Not Starting? – Quick Fix Guide - March 27, 2023
- How To Get 4K On YouTube TV? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023