When your Vizio Subwoofer not turning on, it’s quite easy to identify the issue!
Although your subwoofer may not show visible signs of functionality, the device could be working, whilst connecting to the soundbar.
With clever tricks and some common methods, we’ll come up with an audible solution for the problem in a matter of minutes!
When your Vizio Subwoofer isn’t turning on, the problem could be occurring due to a faulty power cable or discharged electrical outlet.
A malfunction with the subwoofer’s internal fuse or a problem with the software of the device could also cause this fault.
Proceed further into the guide and learn the problem in all of its details!
Why Is Vizio Sound Bar Subwoofer Not Turning On?
Before we proceed with the guide, let’s learn all the side details about the problem and what’s causing it in the first place.
You’ll become much more literate in the troubleshooting that’s about to come, after understanding the problem in depth.
Here’s what’s preventing your Vizio Subwoofer from turning on:
- Vizio Subwoofer is Disconnected from the Soundbar
- There’s an issue with the Subwoofer’s Power Cable
- A Problem with the Subwoofer’s Electrical Outlet
- Hardware Fault with the Subwoofer’s Internal Fuse
- Software-related Issue with your Vizio Audio Setup
Keep reading to learn more about the problem, altogether with the troubleshooting methods!
How to Fix When Vizio Subwoofer Does Not Turn On?
After learning the details behind the problem with your Vizio Subwoofer and soundbar, it’s time to discover all possible ways to troubleshoot the problem efficiently.
Stay around by the end of the guide, to discover more information to help you handle the problem!
Let’s dive right in!
Solution #1 Re-Program Subwoofer & Soundbar!
If your Vizio Subwoofer got unpaired from the soundbar, it’s likely that there’ll be no visible signs that the device is functional.
To rule out connectivity problems, it’s best to get the subwoofer connected to the soundbar and then proceed with the rest of our solutions.
- By default, the Vizio soundbar and subwoofer will pair automatically!
However, it is possible that as a result of a power outage or other malfunction, the subwoofer accidentally gets unpaired.
For such cases, Vizio has installed a “Pair” button on the back of the subwoofer to reconnect the device to the soundbar.
- Simply press and hold the “Pair” button on the subwoofer!
The pairing light on the subwoofer will start blinking and once the device is connected, it’ll become solid blue. Holding the button for 5 seconds should be enough to reconnect the subwoofer back to the soundbar.
Alert: Make sure that the soundbar is up and running, whilst pairing the subwoofer!
Solution #2 Power Cycle your Subwoofer
It’s likely that there’s a temporal power malfunction with your Vizio Subwoofer that requires a good power cycle to go away.
To properly power cycle a device, you must perform multiple specific steps to achieve a full refresh of the device’s hardware and software.
Follow these instructions to Power Cycle your Vizio Subwoofer in easy steps:
- Press the Power Switch of the subwoofer to shut it down (located on the back).
- Once you’ve verified the switch is set to “OFF”, unplug the subwoofer.
- Wait for no less than 5 minutes, while the subwoofer is disconnected.
- Reattach the subwoofer’s power cord, back into the electrical outlet.
- Push the switch on the back of the device to the “ON” side.
- Determine if the subwoofer will now power on…
If the subwoofer did power on, the LED lights on the front (or the single LED on some models) should flash a couple of times and turn Solid Blue.
If the light of the LED remains blue, it means that the subwoofer is receiving stable and reliable power income.
Note: Faulty power income can be noticed by continuous blinking of the front LED.
Solution #3 Use a Different Electrical Outlet
It’s likely the power source your Vizio Subwoofer is associated with, has a power shortage and cannot deliver electricity to the device.
To address similar problems or test if the power source is intact, we recommended connecting the subwoofer to a different outlet.
- The current inhabited port could be tested with a phone charger!
Here’s how to install your Vizio Subwoofer in a different electrical outlet:
- Disconnect the A/C Power Cord of the Vizio subwoofer.
- Locate a suitable location to place the subwoofer.
- Tip: Closer to the soundbar is better!
- Place the subwoofer and connect it to a new power source.
- Pair the subwoofer with the soundbar, using Solution #1.
After connecting your subwoofer to power, the LED lights of the device should flash rapidly, multiple times.
This means that the device has received power from the newly associated electrical outlet and could now function properly, without any interruptions.
Note: If the LEDs of the subwoofer remain blank, there’s no power reaching the device!
Solution #4 Do a Speaker & Bass Test
To determine if your Vizio Subwoofer not turning on, you should run a speaker and bass test on your Vizio audio setup.
That’s a rather simple thing to do, but keep in mind that it varies on the model of audio equipment and the type of soundbar/subwoofer combo.
- To determine how to perform a Speaker/Bass Test, check the user manual!
We assume that information about triggering a speaker/bass test is located somewhere in the middle of the manual and it contains which buttons you must press.
Follow the steps in the handbook, trigger a speaker/bass test, and determine if your subwoofer works.
Note: The speaker/bass test will play pre-recorded audio through your soundbar/subwoofer!
Solution #5 Reset the Soundbar
Since the subwoofer doesn’t have a reset option of its own, performing a reset on the soundbar will also target the software of the subwoofer.
Hence, this is the only way to refresh the device the software way, before starting to suspect the hardware components.
Follow these simple instructions to trigger a factory reset on your Vizio audio setup:
- Confirm that your Vizo soundbar is plugged in and is receiving power.
- Locate the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons on your soundbar.
- Press and hold this set of buttons for five consecutive seconds.
- Wait for all 12 LEDs of the soundbar to flash three times.
- The factory reset should soon be complete.
If you’ve triggered the factory reset on the soundbar correctly and all LEDs on the soundbar have flashed 12 times, the process should soon commence.
Be patient until the reset has been completed and then run another speaker/bass test on your setup.
Alert: If there’s a power connection throttle with your soundbar, the reset won’t start.
Solution #6 Inspect the Subwoofer’s AC Mains Fuse
If none of the solutions so far resolved the problem with your malfunctioning Vizio subwoofer, it’s likely that the internal AC Mains Fuse has failed or burned out.
Vizio has made it easy for users to inspect the internal hardware of the subwoofer by making it easy to access.
Alert: Opening the Vizio subwoofer, voids the warranty!
In case your warranty is far gone and you would like to attempt solving the subwoofer’s issue on your own, we’ll be happy to help you with some steps.
You’ll only need a Phillips-head screwdriver so you can open the cover so we can inspect the mains fuse!
Follow the steps below to inspect for any hardware damage on your Vizio subwoofer:
- Disconnect the Vizio subwoofer from the Power Outlet.
- Use a screwdriver to undo the screws around the AC port.
- Begin taking off the screws holding the AC compartment intact.
- Inspect the lengthy fuse, coming out of the motherboard.
- Check for any burnt areas and other blown components.
- While you’re at it, also inspect the wiring and soldering.
In case you identify any sort of issue, you can of course attempt to solve the fault, or reach out to a local technician for help.
To fix when your Vizio Subwoofer not turning on, start by performing a power cycle on the device and inspect all the wiring.
After that, plug the subwoofer into a different power outlet, re-link the to the soundbar, and conclude with a Factory Reset.
We hope that this guide was useful and for more Vizio content, check our blog!
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023