Wondering why the Vizio soundbar won’t connect to WiFi? The answer is simple!
The reason why your Vizio soundbar is not connecting to the WiFi could be due to a fault in the device itself or your local network.
In this guide, we’ll unwrap the entire topic, provide you with answers to why the connection issue appears, and a solution that only takes a few minutes!
When Vizio Soundbar is not connecting to the WiFi, we first need to Power Cycle the entire equipment and re-attempt the pairing correctly. In case that doesn’t help we need to cleanly reinstall the Vizio SmartCast app and reset the Vizio soundbar!
Now that we’ve got a basic understanding of what might be wrong, let’s learn more!
How To Connect Vizio Soundbar To WiFi?
Connecting the Vizio soundbar to the WiFi has to be done in the correct manner, otherwise, you’ll always end up disconnected.
This is why we’ve conducted a step-by-step guide for you to follow and make sure that you’re doing the setup process correctly on your end.
Here’s how to connect the Vizio soundbar to the WiFi in easy steps:
- Download Vizio SmartCast (Google Play or App Store).
- Connect your smart device (phone) to the WiFi.
- Alert: Make sure that you’re not using the cellular internet.
- Connect the Vizio Soundbar to the TV and turn both devices on.
- Using the Vizio Remote, press the Menu button.
- From there use the Arrows to select WiFi Setup.
- Next, the LED on your Vizio Soundbar will flash.
- This is an indication of Setup/Pairing Mode!
- Open the Vizio SmartCast application on your mobile.
- Tap on the three dots on the top-left of the screen.
- Select Add New Device from the options.
- Follow the instructions to connect the Vizio soundbar to the WiFi.
Taking a look at the setup process we now know that there are several different aspects that could prevent the WiFi connection.
The mobile Vizio app is involved as well as your smartphone so before drawing any conclusions we need to perform some troubleshooting first!
How To Fix When Vizio Soundbar WiFi Setup Not Working?
In order to solve the problem as soon as possible, we’re going to use premade solutions in chronological order to help us solve the problem.
However, it’s important not to skip anything since you might bypass something essential and end up still disconnected from the WiFi!
Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Enable Link Mode!
The very first step to take is to enable the Link Option on your Vizio soundbar. This option is designed to make your soundbar reconnect to the app in case of a WiFi outage.
This way you’ll always stay connected even if until now you weren’t able to connect the soundbar to the WiFi.
- With the Vizio remote go to the Menu.
- From there navigate to the Link Option.
- Use Next/Previous & Play to select.
- Make sure to enable Link Mode!
Now when this option is enabled the Vizio SmartCast application would re-attempt connecting to the soundbar when the internet drops.
However, in case you’re still not connected, use the steps above to check whether you can now connect the Vizio soundbar to the WiFi or not.
Solution #2 Power Cycle Equipment
In case you’re following the setup process correctly but the Vizio soundbar setup process keeps failing, it’s time for a power circulation.
This process will refresh all processes and services responsible for the pairing so you could start fresh and connect Vizio soundbar to the WiFi.
- Disconnect your Vizio Soundbar & TV from the Power Outlet for 5 minutes!
In the meantime, also Power OFF and ON your smartphone to refresh the application services as well, and then you can attempt pairing again.
The only important factor remains to check whether your smartphone is actually connected to the WiFi and not using cellular data!
Note: Also disable any VPN installed on your smartphone until the end of the guide!
Solution #3 Reinstall Vizio SmartCast
Sometimes the Vizio soundbar won’t connect to WiFi, because of a problem with the mobile application Vizio SmartCast.
This is why the next step is to remove the app from our phone and download it back from the dedicated application store.
Reinstall Vizio SmartCast on Android:
- Go to Settings > Apps/Storage > Vizio SmartCast > select Uninstall
Reinstall Vizio SmartCast on iPhone:
- Hold the Vizio SmartCast app until it starts to jiggle > tap on the “X” to Delete!
When the Vizio SmartCast app is completely gone from your device enter the App Store or Google Play to locate and download the software cleanly.
When you’re ready, we strongly recommend scrolling up and following the correct steps to connect Vizio soundbar to the WiFi.
In case the Vizio soundbar still won’t connect to the WiFi, keep reading the next solution!
Solution #4 Inspect Your Internet/WiFi
Sometimes our internet connection might be offline, but we still can connect to the router’s WiFi, which often deceives us that nothing is wrong.
However, even if you are connected to the WiFi on your mobile device that doesn’t mean that your internet is intact.
To connect the Vizio soundbar to the WiFi, there has to be an active internet connection!
In that regard, there are a few things that you can do to learn more:
- Try surfing the web, while connected to the WiFi.
- Perform an Internet Speed Test to see the results.
- Stop downloading, seeding, or uploading content.
- Prevent streaming high-quality content.
- Restart your router/modem by unplugging it from the power!
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable for a wired connection.
- Contact your ISP if still experiencing internet issues!
In case you’re confident that your internet connection is intact and nothing is wrong, you can proceed with the next solution.
Otherwise, make sure to solve any potential internet issues before proceeding any further.
Tip: If you’ve got a second WiFi broadband at home, test switching the WiFi!
Solution #5 Update Vizio Soundbar Firmware!
It’s easy to assume that we can’t perform an update until our Vizio soundbar is not connected to the WiFi, but there is also support for an Ethernet connection.
In case you didn’t know, this is the same type of internet connection from your router to your computer.
Quick Fact: You can use the Ethernet cable connecting your router and computer!
Once you connect the Ethernet cable from your router to the Vizio soundbar, you’ll have a wired connection that will allow you to update the firmware.
Use the Vizio remote to go to the Menu and select System > Check For Updates.
Note: In case that approach doesn’t help either, proceed with the next solution!
Solution #6 Factory Reset Vizio Soundbar!
The final and most-powerful solution is to perform an internal reset or also known as a Factory Reset, which will cleanly reinstall the soundbar’s OS.
You just need to be informed that ALL saved contents, settings, and configurations will be permanently reverted to factory defaults!
When you’re ready to reset the Vizio soundbar, follow the steps below:
- Locate the Volume Down & Bluetooth buttons.
- Press both together for 6 – 7 seconds!
- All Vizio soundbar LEDs should light up!
- When the LEDs blink for a 3rd time, the reset is complete.
The entire process does not take more than 60 seconds but is patient if you don’t see the LEDs blinking.
Well, if you have no success at all, re-attempt the factory reset steps but pay more attention in order to do it correctly. After the reset, connect Vizio soundbar to WiFi.
Note: After the reset, your Vizio soundbar will be unpaired from the Vizio SmartCast app!
Need More Help?
In case you’re unable to connect the Vizio soundbar to the WiFi even after attempting all of the solutions above, it’s time to seek professional help.
Simply reach out and contact Vizio Customer Service, and report the problem you’re experiencing.
With a bit of luck, they will help you and solve the issue in a matter of minutes!
Hence, the Vizio soundbar won’t connect to WiFi because your internet is down or there is a problem with the Vizio SmartCast app or your smartphone.
We’ve learned that the solution involves restarting the entire setup as well as performing a Factory Reset.
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more relevant content, check our blog!
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023