Is your Plex not working on Samsung TV? You do not need to worry nor give up since you have solutions right in front of you. You do not need lots of resources to restore it but just a few settings on your devices.
It might be that Plex fails to connect to the server, or the app has developed some problems.
The most important thing is to understand why such problems occur even before trying to troubleshoot. This piece explains the possible reasons and gives you a few steps to solve the problem.
If Plex is not working on your Samsung TV, you need to check that your internet is correctly connected. Restarting your device is also the best remedy since it solves temporal issues on apps and servers.
Several factors contribute to Plex not working on Samsung TV. Some of them include:
- Your plex version is outdated
- You have a connection problem.
- Your Samsung TV needs a software update
- Your device has an active VPN software
Note: if you want to use plex, you may need to download the Plex app to your Samsung TV.
After installing the app, you can stream shows, movies, music, and other forms of entertainment on your device.
However, you must first have an account. Plex allows users to set their own media server from which they can house their own stuff.
If you cannot download the app, you can also use Plex from a browser and still enjoy the same features as the app provides.
You may use several methods to resolve the issue about Plex app not working on your Samsung TV. Feel free to try the methods below until the app works.
If your Plex version is outdated, you can never have the best streaming experience. You need to ensure that you have the current Plex version on your device.
Use these steps to manually update the app:
- Go to settings, then click the tab Update.
- Select the icon, ‘check for updates,’ then wait for some minutes.
- Click the link ‘download and apply’ on your screen.
Your device will restart then install the update. After it finishes, open it, then try reconnecting.
You need to ensure that Plex is supported on your device. If not, you will not see patch notes on how to download the app.
Using the steps below, you can also allow Samsung TV to download updates for all your apps, including Plex, automatically.
- On your remote, click the ‘home‘ button
- Select the option apps
- Go to Settings/cog, then press Enter
- Click the auto-update option, then press ‘enter.’
- This enables apps to update automatically.
Logging out of Plex refreshes and resolves temporal issues on your account. You can use these steps to log out.
- Open the Plex app then click on your profile icon.
- You will see a logout option. Kindly click on it.
- Open the app again then, enter your credentials as prompted to re-login.
If you want to enjoy most of your TV’s features, you must ensure that you have the latest updated software. You can download the update over the internet using these steps.
- Navigate to settings using your remote
- Select support followed by software update.
- Select the option, update now.
- If the updates are not available, click ok to exit.
Ensure that you do not power off your TV when updating is in progress. Also, when the TV finishes downloading the updates, it will automatically restart.
A VPN is an alternating software that may at times overwhelm your network, causing Plex to fail to connect to the server.
So, you can disable the VPN using these steps.
Step #1. Using your remote, navigate to the settings menu followed by Network and internet.
Step #2. You will see a menu icon on your left, kindly select VPN among the choices.
Step #3. Choose the VPN to disconnect, then click the option ‘Disconnect.’
Move on to restart your router using these steps.
- Remove your router from its power source.
- Wait for around 20 minutes, then plug it in back to the power outlet.
- After two minutes, the device will turn on.
The methods listed above should solve this problem. If Plex is still not working, you may need to check if you are using secure connections.
Due to miscommunication, Plex may not recognize and verify such links, hence it may fail to work on your Samsung TV. So, you may need to use transcoding or direct streaming to solve the issue.
You can also pin the Plex IP address directly to confirm if it is reachable. If Plex fails, you may need to contact Plex customer support to help you out with the issue.
You need to always ensure that you have the correct internet connection if Plex fails to work on your Samsung TV. You can also try to reset your device since it is always the best way to solve such issues.
Read Next: Why is Plex Server Not Showing Up?
If you had an issue with Plex not working on Samsung TV, you should now be happy that you have found a solution. The first thing you will have to check is your network connection.
Ensure it is ok and if it does not solve the problem updating to the latest software is always the best deal. Anyway, you should not be worried because customer support always has your back if none of the methods works.
If Plex fails to work on Samsung TV, you can check your internet connection. If it is appropriately connected, restart your device, and you will get Plex working correctly on your Samsung TV.
- iHome Speaker Keeps Disconnecting? Here’s How To Fix! - July 3, 2022
- Sony TV Screen Mirroring Keeps Disconnecting? – Complete Fix Guide! - July 3, 2022
- Can You Undelete A Discord Server? – Complete Guide - July 3, 2022