When Pandora Chromecast not working, in this guide you will discover easy solutions!
The Google Chromecast technology allows media-streaming devices to play online content on digital television.
When a device is compatible with Chromecast, you just open the Pandora app, press the “Cast” icon and all compatible devices should occur in the discovery list for casting.
If Pandora’s Chromecast isn’t detecting your device or isn’t working in general, the problem could be related to the firmware version of the Pandora app.
It’s also possible that the issue is with the networking setup, which has strict requirements on its own.
Let’s learn about the Chromecast feature in your Pandora application!
Pandora Not Working On Chromecast – Why?
Pandora is a platform that combines the benefits of home streaming by making casting content between your devices easier than ever.
However, you need to meet several requirements to achieve the Chromecast streaming as well as be aware of all possible issues along the way:
- No compatible device in the network is detected.
- There’s a firmware issue with the Pandora mobile.
- An issue with your mobile or the streaming device.
- A temporal issue with Chromecast in the Pandora app.
- The casting content is unavailable or incompatible.
- A potential WiFi outage or a problem with your network.
Is Pandora Fully Compatible with Chromecast?
The Pandora application supports all versions of the Chromecast feature and enables casting to another compatible device in the same WiFi network.
As long as everything is correct with your WiFi network, there should be no problem on Pandora’s end in terms of Chromecasting!
Can you Use Pandora With No WiFi?
The primary necessity of casting is to use a shared WiFi network.
Not having your devices connected to a shared WiFi network will prevent the Chromecast feature from locating your streaming device in the connection discovery list.
Note: Outages with the Pandora app are usually resolved almost instantly with no downtime!
Pandora Chromecast Not Working – Top 7 Solutions!
Note: Double-check whether the official Pandora app is installed on your device!
1. Rescan for Available Devices!
If the Chromecast feature in the Pandora application does not detect any devices in the network, all you might need to do is simply re-scan.
The issue with Pandora’s Chromecast is probably a temporary problem that will go away once you’ve resigned for available devices!
- To search for available network devices, we must reboot the Pandora platform!
How to Rescan Chromecast Devices in Pandora?
- Close the Pandora app on your mobile device.
- Access the temporal memory of your device.
- Remove the Pandora app from the storage.
- Re-launch the application and tap on “Cast”.
- Check if your streaming device will appear.
Note: Rebooting the Pandora app is necessary for refreshing the Chromecasting list!
2. Connect Devices to the Same WiFi
One of the most important steps when Chromecasting from the Pandora application is to connect your mobile and streaming devices to the same WiFi.
This way the Chromecast technology will detect your streaming device as soon as you tap “Cast” in the Pandora app.
How to Change WiFi On Mobile Device?
- Access the Settings of the mobile device.
- Go to the “WiFi” or “Wireless Connections” tab.
- Select the Connected Network and press “Disconnect”.
- Select a WiFi network to connect from the list.
Alert: Inserting your password incorrectly will revoke connection requests to the WiFi network.
How to Change WiFi On a Streaming Device?
- For a TV box, check in the Settings > Connections > WiFi tab
- For Smart TV, navigate to Settings > Network > Wireless
Note: These are universal steps and if they don’t apply, consult the product’s user manual!
3. Power Cycle your Setup!
It is possible that the issue is either with your mobile device that has the Pandora app installed or the device you’re trying to cast to (potentially your TV).
To resolve the problem, you must restart both of your devices from the power and then retry Pandora’s Chromecast.
- To turn off a mobile, hold the power button and select “Shutdown”.
- To turn off your TV, press the power button on the remote once.
Once both devices involved in the Chromecast technology are turned off, unplug them from power for at least 60 seconds.
This can be a golden solution for similar problems primarily on TVs and cable boxes, so when the power circulation is complete, test Chromecasting again.
4. Check Chromecast Compatibility
The issue could be occurring if you’re attempting to cast to a device that is not compatible with Chromecast.
While the Pandora platform has the feature in-built, your TV or streaming player may not have support for Chromecast, which is why it’s not appearing in the discovery list.
Are Mobile Devices Compatible with Chromecast?
- Phones or tablets running on Android with 8.0 version or later
- iPhones and iPads with iOS version 15.0 and later
TV Devices Compatible with Chromecast?
- A TV with high-bandwidth Digital Content Protection of 1.3 or higher
Note: TVs require HDCP for standard streaming and HDCP 2.2 for 4K Chromecast content streaming.
5. Update the Pandora Platform
It’s very likely that the Pandora Chromecast issue is caused by an outdated firmware version of your Pandora application.
Uploading the latest versions of the Pandora app released by the publishers is necessary and hopefully will resolve the Chromecast issue.
How to Update Pandora On Android?
- Launch the Google Play app on your Android device.
- Press your profile icon at the top right of the page.
- Select “Manage apps & device” next and scroll down.
- Locate the Pandora app and highlight it with a touch.
- Press on the “Update” button to start the firmware update.
How to Update Pandora On iOS?
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Locate the Pandora application in the pending list.
- Press the “Update” icon to update the app firmware.
- Wait for the update to conclude and launch the app.
Note: Updating the Pandora application requires an active WiFi connection on your device!
6. Inspect the WiFi & Internet
Another reason for the in-built Pandora Chromecast to stop working is due to WiFi or internet issues.
If your router has temporarily suspended your WiFi networks, neither will your mobile device be connected to the internet, nor the device you’re trying to Chromecast to.
Here are multiple ways to target and resolve issues with your WiFi network:
- Reboot the WiFi router, by unplugging the device from the power outlet.
- Re-supply service, by unplugging and then reconnecting the service cable.
- Reset the WiFi on your mobile device, by reconnecting from the network.
- Reset your WiFi router to factory defaults, by pressing the “Reset” button.
Reminder: Don’t forget to check your WiFi network after each step and solution!
If Nothing Helped…
Contacting your ISP is the best next step when your WiFi network seems offline regardless of what you do.
Before you give the call, make sure you’ve checked your subscription and made sure everything is up to date and all fees are paid.
Note: It is possible that your ISP is conducting temporal network maintenance!
7. Reinstall the Pandora Application
The final and most-powerful step is to reinstall the Pandora app on your mobile device, to potentially resolve any issues with the Chromecast feature.
If the software files of the Pandora app got corrupted as a result of a failed update, reinstalling the app should resolve the problem!
Follow these steps to reinstall the Pandora app on your device:
- Access the “Settings” on your mobile device.
- Enter the “Storage” or the “Applications” tab.
- Scroll down and locate the Pandora app.
- Enter the “app settings” for Pandora.
- Choose “Uninstall” to delete the platform.
- Download Pandora from Google Play/App Store.
Tip: Activate “Automatic Updates” for the Pandora app on Androids after downloading!
Still Need Help?
If you couldn’t resolve the Chromecast problem with the Pandora application, your next step should be to visit the official Chromecast Support Page.
You can either “Ask the Help Community” or go to the “Contact Us” page to directly get in touch. Good luck!
Reminder: Don’t forget to share what you’ve tried in this guide!
Pandora Chromecast not working is a problem that can be fixed by updating the app and inspecting the WiFi connection. If that didn’t work, then the Pandora app should be updated and the Chromecast receiver must be checked for support and compatibility.
Follow us for more!
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023