Wondering why the Kwikset Halo touch screen not working? Keep reading to know!
Kwikset Halo security lock is the best choice for securing your home doors. But aside from its benefits, sometimes it causes touchscreen issues.
In this guide, you will get to know why the screen of your Kwikset Halo is unresponsive and what’s the best way to address the issue.
The Kwikset touchscreen stops working as a consequence of a number of issues, such as a broken power button, a deactivated screen, or an incorrect pairing. More causes involve touchscreen lockout, incorrect battery alignment, and/or wiring issues.
Let’s next learn how to fix the Kwikset Halo not working touch screen in quick minute methods!
How To Fix When Kwikset Halo Touch Screen Not Working?
In order to solve the problem where the touchscreen of your Kwikset Halo is not working, we’re going to use a solution guide.
Since your setup is an intruder-critical system, we can’t allow random issues like this to breach our security.
Let’s begin with the most important first:
Solution #1 Frozen Screen – Activation!
It is most common that the Kwikset Halo touchscreen lightens up but is not responding to any command.
It happened when the screen went into sleep mode and it would appear frozen.
The Kwikset Halo touchscreen goes into sleep mode in different situations, such as:
- Touch screen Lockout
- One Second Pause
- Screen Deactivation
When the touch screen goes to any default break modes, it stops responding for some time, but after that, it will come back to its normal state.
In case the screen remains frozen you’ll need to attempt some gestures to “wake up” the device or exit the currently entered mode.
How to Activate Kwikset Halo Screen?
- Tap touch screen buttons with three or more fingers until the digits light illuminate.
- Touch the screen with the palm or back of your hand until the digits light up.
- Tap the touchscreen’s check mark (lower area) until the digits illuminate.
Keep trying, but if the digits won’t light up, then there is a possibility that the lock is not correctly set up with your device.
So go right away to the next solution to set it up correctly!
Solution #2 Pair The Halo Lock (Correctly)
Wrongly set up Kwikset Lock is the cause that’s why your touch screen is not responding.
As you are familiar with, smart devices only need to be configured through their mobile app to perform as intended.
This is why we can’t proceed further without re-trying the pairing.
Note: Ensure that your mobile is connected to a good network connection!
Here is how you can pair your Kwikset Halo lock with your device:
- Open the Kwikset App.
- Tap on the top right Lock icon button.
- Enable the Bluetooth and remove the Black Window cover from the lock.
- Press and Hold the A button from the lock.
- Release the button when the lock beeps once and flashes blue light.
- Tap on Yes for sound confirmation.
- Give a name to your Kwikset Lock.
- Tap on the Next button from the top right corner.
- Tap on your WiFi by entering a password.
- Enter your Lock Access code.
- Tap Next to complete the setup.
Note: Proceed with the upcoming solutions in case the touchscreen is still not working!
Solution #3 Clean The Touch Screen!
A dusty touchscreen might also cause issues with the multi-touch functionality of your display.
If the screen is wet, it’s important to wipe and dry the surface before attempting any gesture.
Also, ensure you’re touching the screen with your bare fingers (no gloves)!
Also, fingers can occasionally get oily, which causes the greasy screen to accumulate additional dust on its surface.
Therefore, it is crucial to wipe the screen and make sure that the surface is smooth, dry, and clean before proceeding further.
Tip: Use warm water plus a microfiber cloth and avoid spraying alcohol or other cleaning liquids!
Solution #4 Check Batteries Alignment
Since the Kwikset Halo Lock relies on batteries to function, there’s a possibility that the batteries are low or dead and that is why the screen isn’t responding.
The incorrect battery alignment might possibly be the root of the Lock’s touchscreen problem and we need to know for sure!
All you need is to make sure that the batteries have power and are installed correctly!
Here is how you can check your batteries alignment:
- Remove the black cover window from the lock.
- Take out the battery pack.
- Remove the batteries.
- Clean the battery placement area. (Optional)
- Insert the batteries in the pack and then place them in the Kwick Lock.
- Close the window and test whether the lock touchscreen is working or not.
- If not, your Halo lock batteries need to be replaced (4 x AA alkaline batteries).
Tip: Typically, Kwikset batteries can work properly for 10-12 months!
Solution #5 Update Halo Firmware
Even when the touchscreen is not responsive we can still perform an update.
Also, the firmware upgrade is only possible if your Kwikset Halo is still connected to the app.
The update would help to resolve display issues unless they impact the entire functionality of the device.
Here is how you can update the Kwikset Halo Lock firmware:
- Open the Kwikset mobile app within the Bluetooth range of the lock.
- Tap on app Settings from the bottom right corner.
- Tap on Firmware Update Available.
- Tap on the Update Now button to start the upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.
- Wait for 7-10 minutes until the lock firmware updates.
- You will get a message “Firmware Successfully Updated”.
- Tap OK to continue.
When you’re ready, restart your Kwikset Halo and check whether the display functionality is now back.
Feel free to use some of the screen-activation gestures back in Solution #1 to wake up and start using your Kwikset Halo Lock touchscreen.
Alert: In case your Kwikset is also disconnected from the app, the issue has also impacted the software functionality of the device!
Solution #6 Reset Kwikset Halo Lock!
The final and most powerful solution is to perform a Factory Reset on the Kwikset Halo!
The reset can easily be done without the touchscreen of the device so even when it’s not working we can reset the device.
Well, the reset would work only when your device is actually functional because when something hardware-related went faulty, we can help it at home.
To reset Kwikset Halo Lock follow the steps below:
- Take out the battery.
- Press and hold the Center Button!
- Reinsert the battery while you still hold the button.
- Continue holding for 30 more seconds.
You’ll know that the Kwikset Halo is resetting when it flashes back at you.
Then you’ll simply have to wait until the reset is complete and install the display back to test whether it now works.
Note: The reset takes approximately 3 minutes to complete!
Kwikset Halo Touch Screen Not Responding Still…
If your Kwikset Halo touchscreen is not working, then make sure that the lock has power and if you haven’t replaced the batteries, make sure to do so now.
In case the touch screen remains black and your lock does not indicate any sign of functioning, you might need some help!
Contact Kwikset Support
Contact the Kwikset Support Team and report the problem you’re experiencing with your Halo Lock device.
To save as much time as possible, share what you’ve already attempted in this guide for faster and more efficient troubleshooting.
Note: You can call Kwikset support during working hours (Monday - Friday) 7 AM - 4 PM.
Therefore, anytime your Kwikset Halo touchscreen is not responding, use finger gestures to *wake up* the screen. Then, ensure that the lock has power and that it’s connected to the app. In case the screen remains unresponsive, perform Factory Reset.
In this guide, we have covered why the Kwikset Halo touch screen not working and what are the suitable ways to fix the issue.
What we’ve learned is that we need to identify the source of the problem and whether it’s only the touchscreen that’s not working or the entire device.
We hope this post was helpful and for more guides such as this one, check our blog!
- How To Add LG TV To Homekit? – Complete Steps - March 21, 2023
- Lutron App Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - March 21, 2023
- Geeni Camera Offline and Worried? – Easy Solutions - March 21, 2023