Wondering why your Kenmore dishwasher flashing clean? We got you covered here!
When something is wrong with your dishwasher’s water supply, the Kenmore appliance will start flashing *clean* as an indication.
There are many surrounding factors that impact the circulation of the water in the machine, hence are responsible for the clean light.
Let’s learn more!
The Kenmore dishwasher *clean* light will flash when the water pressure is low, the door switch is faulty or the heating element is defective.
In addition, a bad temperature sensor will surely trigger the clean light as well as clogs or other issues with the drain hose!
How To Fix When Kenmore Dishwasher Clean Light Flashing?
1. Power Cycle Kenmore Dishwasher!
One of the most common causes, making not only Kenmore but other dishwasher brands flash as an indication of a fault is power fluctuations and power surges.
They often lead to a software-related issue, which only requires a power circulation to clear the flashing light.
Here is how to reset the Kenmore dishwasher control board:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power outlet.
- Turn off the circuit breaker that powers the dishwasher.
- Wait for about 3 minutes to discharge completely.
- Turn on the circuit breaker of the dishwasher.
- Plug the dishwasher back into the power outlet.
In case that didn’t work proceed with the next method!
2. Reset Kenmore Dishwasher
The next step, also against software-related issues is to reset the Kenmore dishwasher by performing the exact steps for the process.
We’re going to review the Kenmore models Elite, Quite Guard, and Ultra wash, so if your model is different consult with the user’s manual.
How to Reset Kenmore Elite?
- Turn off the dishwasher (keep plugged in power).
- Tip: Remove the racks from the appliance.
- Turn on the dishwasher to enter Standby Mode.
- Then press buttons – 1, 2, and 3 in order 3 x times.
- Note: The sequence should be done quickly!
- The dishwasher will enter “Test Mode” for 5 minutes.
- When the process is completed, run a test cycle!
How to Reset Kenmore Quite Guard?
- Turn off the dishwasher but keep it plugged in.
- Turn on the unit to enter the Standby Mode.
- Press the Sani Rinse and then the Heated Dry buttons.
- Repeat step 2 quickly, hence press the buttons again.
- Wait for 40 – 50 seconds for the water to flow.
- The machine will need 12 minutes to complete.
- When it’s ready, test for the flashing light.
How to Reset Kenmore Ultra Wash?
- Turn off the dishwasher and keep it plugged in.
- Turn on the dishwasher to enter Standby Mode.
- Find Normal Wash and the Heated Wash buttons.
- Press the buttons in this order 2 times.
- Example: Normal > Heated > Normal > Heated.
- The test cycle will begin and the water will flow.
- Leave the appliance until all lights turn off.
- Test whether the clean light will flash!
Note: Even if you allow 1 second between presses, the process fails!
3. Inspect the Water Level
The next thing to check is the water level in your dishwasher tub because if your appliance is not receiving water or it’s insufficient the machine will blink the Clean light.
Hence, until the dishwasher receives water the light will continue to blink!
Here is how to check the water level in the Kenmore dishwasher:
- Run a test wash cycle on your Kenmore dishwasher.
- Then listen for the water to check when it stops flowing.
- Then carefully open the dishwasher door a few inches.
- Check the water level in the tub to see the water level.
- If the water level is less, check the water supply valve.
- Make sure the valve is fully opened and not clogged.
If there is enough water in the tub and the water valve is operational, but the clean light continues to blink, look into other possibilities and keep reading!
4. Check for Suds & Foam in the Tub!
Kenmore dishwasher flashing clean when suds have accumulated underneath the tub, which is something that requires your attention.
So, check for the suds or foam in the dishwasher tub and remove it to see if the clean light stops flashing.
Simply disconnect the dishwasher from the wall outlet, open the appliance door and take out the bottom racks and remove all dishes.
Then carefully check the bottom tub for accumulated foam and suds and if there are any, take a cup and scoop out the suds.
Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil into the dishwasher’s tub, then select a full cycle and run the dishwasher without adding detergent.
During the cycle running period, add some dishwasher detergent to the unit dispenser cup and wait until the cycle ends.
Tip: Keep an eye out for the blinking clean light on your dishwasher and if it continues to blink, keep reading to try other methods from this guide!
5. Test the Float & Door Switches!
In your Kenmore dishwasher tub, there is a float switch that measures the water level and maybe it has become stuck and is incorrectly detecting the water level, causing the dishwasher control board to blink the clean light.
Don’t worry, all you have to do is to check the float switch to see if it’s operational.
How to Check Float Switch?
- Disconnect the power to the dishwasher and open the door.
- Locate the float switch from the side of the dishwasher tub.
- Check the float switch to see if it is stuck in the up position.
- If the float switch is stuck, then push it down to see if it moves freely.
- Also, check for any debris or objects that may be obstructing it.
- Once the float switch can move up and down, turn on the power.
How to Check Door Switch?
- Turn off the dishwasher and unplug the unit from the power source.
- Locate the door switch from the top or inside of the dishwasher’s panel.
- Then run a Continuity test on the door switch using a Multimeter.
- Set the continuity setting, and connect the probes to the switch terminals.
- Check the measurements:
✅ If the multimeter shows a low resistance reading, the switch is operational.
✅ If there is no continuity or high resistance, you need to replace the door switch.
6. Unclog the Dishwasher Drain Hose!
If your Kenmore dishwasher clean light flashes 7 times until the end of the wash cycle, the appliance is having drainage problems.
All you need to do is inspect your dishwasher drain hose for blockages, kinks, or twists that may be preventing standing water from draining.
Here is how to check the Kenmore dishwasher drain hose:
- Turn off the power and water supply to the dishwasher.
- Locate the drain hose from the back of the dishwasher.
- Remove the drain hose from the sink or garbage disposer.
- Inspect the drain hose for blockages and clogs using a flashlight.
- If the hose is clogged, then run warm water inside the hose.
- Clean the inner area of the hose using a long and soft-bristled brush.
- Again run water to clear away the dir from the hose completely.
- Reconnect the drain hose to the back of the dishwasher securely.
- Turn on the water and power supply to the Kenmore dishwasher.
Note: Keep reading if the clean light is still blinking on your Kenmore dishwasher!
Need More Help?
If you continue to get the same blinking clean light on your Kenmore dishwasher, you should seek professional assistance. You can also contact Kenmore Support for further guidance.
Whenever your Kenmore dishwasher flashing clean, hard reset the dishwasher control board, and check the water level inside the tub as well as the water valve.
In addition, remove suds and foam from the tub, and also make sure the float switch is not stuck. To identify any further issues, it’s recommended to check the heating element!
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023