I forgot my Ecobee registration code; what should I do now? It is quite fascinating to see exactly how many people end up forgetting their Ecobee code.
But you do not have to worry if you are also one of them. We have done the legwork to find all the options available to get your registration code back.
So, let’s go ahead and discover how to find your Ecobee registration code.
You can find your Ecobee registration code using the serial number on the packaging and connecting with the support through phone, email, and website.
Understanding More about the Ecobee Registration Code
An Ecobee registration code gives you access to your devices through the Ecobee app.
You can use it from anywhere with an Apple device. You use a four-digit code to register your thermostat with Ecobee.
Then you’ll be one step closer to living in a connected home that learns and adapts to your needs.
Why Is It Important to Remember Your Ecobee Code?
Once registered, the app gives you control over your Smart Thermostat so you can set the temperature to how you like it before arriving home.
Here’s what the registration code is used for.
- To register your devices and manage your Ecobee account.
- To manage heating and cooling your home remotely.
- To manage security, with an intruder alert and smoke alarm.
- For Spotify and Bluetooth streaming.
- To use the air quality monitor and occupancy sensor.
- To enable vacation scheduling.
Fact: With its first Wi-Fi thermostat introduced in 2009, Ecobee helps you do your bit for the planet by using energy more efficiently.
Finding and Using Your Ecobee Registration Code for the First Time
The four-digit registration code is generated on a screen in the Ecobee Smart thermostat’s menu.
Here’s how to generate your Ecobee code.
- Open the Main Menu on the thermostat.
- Select Settings > Registration.
- Go to the Wi-Fi configuration screen to generate the code.
Here’s how to use your Ecobee code.
- Download the ecobee app.
- Select Create Account.
- Complete the form, and accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap Create My Home.
- Add the home’s name and address and select Save.
- Select the plus sign at the top of the screen.
- Add the thermostat to the app.
- Select the Thermostat, then your model.
- Confirm installation by tapping Yes, it is installed.
- Enter the code and select Next to continue the setup.
I Forgot My Ecobee Registration Code – What are My Options?
The registration code is key to a more sustainable way of living; you need it to set up the device.
Losing it is not the end of the world, but it is frustrating when you have set aside time to connect up your home.
Without the code, you cannot do certain things. You cannot:
- Check-in with Alexa.
- Use Siri.
- Download the latest great sounds.
- Be instantly alerted if a stranger tries to get into the house.
It can all be put right, but first, confirm if you have truly forgotten it and if nothing else is wrong.
Have You Really Forgotten the Ecobee Code?
Perhaps the security code isn’t forgotten. Some circumstances would cause a Smart thermostat not to accept a code.
Here’s why your Ecobee thermostat may not accept your code:
- It could be a simple typo or misreading.
- It could be muddling letters and numbers like 1 and I.
- It could be the letter o for a zero.
Making these corrections makes the code work. But, a code often doesn’t work because it is not meant to. It’s expired.
Fixing Your Expired Ecobee Code
Registration codes are valid for about an hour. And it is usually enough time to download the app and complete the registration.
If the code has expired, you can use your Ecobee thermostat to generate a new one.
Here’s how to generate a new code if it has expired:
- Go to the ecobee thermostat’s screen.
- Tap the three horizontal bars in the left corner for the Main Menu.
- Select Registration.
- After the ‘2 steps left’ dialog box, go through the Wi-Fi setup.
- Follow the instructions to generate the code.
- Use the new code to confirm why the last code hadn’t worked.
Retrieving Your Registration Code When You Have Forgotten It
Once you have confirmed you were not using an expired code and there were no typos or similar mistakes, it is a classic case of forgetting the code.
When you can’t find Ecobee registration code, do not worry; there are ways to retrieve the forgotten Ecobee code.
But, before trying any of these methods, it is a good idea to know your Ecobee serial number.
It’s somewhere on the device, available on the app, and printed on the packaging.
It’s a code 12 digits long with ‘esn:’ at the end. You’ll find it under the bar code with a short product description.
Fact: The serial number of any device identifies it by make and model and date of manufacture.
Methods to Find Your Ecobee Registration Code
Once you have your serial number, try the following methods to get a code for your Ecobee thermostat.
Method #1: Retrieve Your Code Using the Website
Using the official website is probably the best way to reactivate your Ecobee code. It is quite simple and quick.
Here’s how to use the website to find your code:
- Go to the Ecobee website https://www.ecobee.com/.
- Tap the 3-bar drop-down menu on the top left and select Sign in.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Proceed through the 2F verification to input the one-time code.
- From the menu, go to Settings > Access Control > Disable.
This will cancel the forgotten code so you can generate a new one.
Method #2: Retrieving Your Code through Messenger
A live chat session with officials at Ecobee is yet another way to retrieve your code.
Here’s how to have a live chat to find your code:
- Have the thermostat’s serial number ready.
- Go to the Main Menu > Contact Us.
- Scroll down to Chat With Us.
- Select WhatsApp or Messenger.
Method #3: Retrieving Your Code with the Help of an Assistant
Getting in touch with an assistant at Ecobee may also help you find your lost registration code.
Here’s how to connect with a virtual assistant to get your code:
- Select Contact Us.
- Tap the speech bubble to activate the virtual assistant.
- Type ‘forgotten security code.’
- Enter the serial number into the dialogue box.
- The assistant will send instructions on how to retrieve the code.
Method #4: Retrieve Your Code by Contact the Help Center
When you don’t want to talk to an assistant, you can still visit the Help Center and find the answer to your question.
Here’s how you can access the help center:
- Go to Contact Us.
- Select Got questions? Check out our support article.
- Tap Visit the Help Center.
- Find the answer to your query.
Method #5: Retrieve Your Code through Live Call
One of the quickest ways to get some information about your lost registration code is to have a direct call with an official.
Here’s how you can get your Ecobee registration code on the phone:
- Have the serial number ready.
- Call customer support toll-free at 1-877-932-6233 (International 1-647-428-2220).
- Answer the security questions.
- A team member will support you through the process of retrieving your code.
Method #6: Retrieve Your Code through the App
Your Ecobee mobile app offers so many benefits, including the opportunity to find your registration code.
Here’s how to access your app to find the code:
- Use the app.
- From the Main Menu top left of the screen, tap Settings.
- Go to Reset > Reset All to clear the account.
- To re-register, Main Menu > Registration > Wi-Fi setup to generate a new code.
Fact: With the right code, you can make your Ecobee thermostat use the weather forecast to switch to optimal settings.
Connecting with the Customer Support at the Right Time
Customer support is open 8 am until 11 pm on weekdays and 9 am until 9 pm on weekends.
You can contact them through the app, website, or phone, whichever you prefer.
If you use this option, remember that they will ask for the serial number and may also send you a code by SMS and email to confirm your identity.
Fact: Ecobee thermostats can integrate with many smart home platforms, including SmartThings and IFTTT, but only if you have the registration code.
I forgot my Ecobee registration code; what can I do? Well, you can do a lot. Ecobee offers innovative technology that can change lives, now and in the future.
However, to take advantage of those amazing features, you need to get started on the right footing with the right registration code.
Be sure to write it somewhere to avoid the hassle of connecting with support and all that to retrieve your Ecobee registration code.
- Wyze Camera Notifications Not Working? – (Complete Fix Guide) - September 26, 2023
- Westinghouse TV No Signal? – (Foolproof Fix Guide) - September 26, 2023
- Is Your Kasa Smart Plug Offline? – (Quick Fix Guide) - September 26, 2023