Funimation app not working on TV and you’re wondering how to fix it? Keep reading!
When the Funimation app is not working on popular TV brands such as Samsung, Apple TV, or LG, the problem is usually related to the user’s side. The solution includes clean reinstallation of the application and clearing bad files such as corrupted data.
Let’s next learn the most frequently reported causes when the Fanimation app is not working:
The Funimation app is available on almost all TV platforms and TV app stores.
However, an issue that recently occurred with the platform, may prevent you from streaming ad-free anime content on your television.
Issues with the Funimation app on your TV can be one or more of the following:
Corrupted App Data
Funimation may have become corrupted on your TV and requires a clean reinstallation, which will essentially replace ALL bad files with fresh data.
You must keep Funimation updated at all costs. You won’t be allowed to stream any of the content if you’re running an outdated version of the application.
A reliable and strong internet connection is essential for all streaming platforms. If your TV is not connected to the WiFi or got disconnected, the Funimation app won’t work for you.
In general, your TV may be having a problem. Either it is outdated software, problems with the storage, or overfilled app and cache data.
More about this, later in the post.
Let’s now learn how to get the Funimation app problem on your TV working in no time!
The Funimation application is available in the app store of your Samsung TV.
You can download the app, register, sign up for one of the paid plans and enjoy thousands of ad-free anime content on your Samsung device.
When the playback or the Funimation app is not working, try the following solutions:
The first thing you should attempt is to reboot your TV.
If the problem with Funimation is temporary, by rebooting the software, you will cause your Samsung TV to reload all data along with the Funimation app cache.
- To reboot your TV, simply press the power button on the remote and wait.
Once the TV reboots, access Funimation and check if the problem is not solved.
Tip: Waiting for longer while the TV is turned OFF, provides a better power cycle!
If your Samsung TV is not connected to the internet, Funimation will not work.
This is like that because Funimation is an online streaming platform that requires a real-time connection with the servers, hence, Wi-Fi is essential.
Here’s how to connect your Samsung TV to the internet (for all models):
- Go to Menu.
- Press Network.
- Access Network Settings.
- Choose Network Type.
- Press Wireless.
- Wait for your Samsung TV to scan for available WiFis.
- Press on your router’s network.
- Insert the WiFi password in the available qwerty keyboard.
- Press “Connect”.
Alert: Your router must be up and running in order for the Samsung TV to scan for the WiFi connection.
If connecting your Samsung TV to the internet still hasn’t granted you access to Funimation, perhaps the platform is outdated.
If that’s the case, you can easily update the Funimation app on your Samsung TV and resolve this problem!
Here’s how to update The Funimation app on your Samsung TV:
- Press the Smart Hub button.
- Go to “Featured”.
- Navigate to “Apps that need updating”.
- Select “Update apps”.
- Select the Funimation app or simply press “Select All”.
- Choose “Update”.
- Wait for the Funimation app to be updated.
Notice: Do not shut down your Samsung TV while any applications are updating or this may cause corrupted data.
If you’re running into issues with the Funimation app on your Apple TV, you should attempt the following methods to resolve the problem:
You should power cycle your Apple TV to resolve the issue with the Funimation application.
Here’s how to power cycle an Apple TV:
- Turn off your Apple TV using the Siri remote.
- Disconnect the power adapter of the Apple TV.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the device is not getting power.
- Reconnect the power adapter and test Funimation.
Note: When the power cycle is ready, test the Funimation app.
Reinstalling the Funimation app will resolve any problems that have occurred with the platform.
It is really easy to remove and download apps on your Apple TV and we have it covered right here:
- Using your Siri remote, select the Funimation app.
- Press and hold the clickpad center button until the apple begins to jiggle.
- Hit the Play/Pause buttons for more options.
- Select “Delete”.
- Wait for the Funimation app to be removed.
- Access the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Download the Funimation application.
- Log in using your profile.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
Note: Removing the Funimation app also disconnects you from your profile.
If reinstalling the Funimation app couldn’t solve the problem, then you should reset your Apple TV software.
Generally, a reset is recommended whenever your TV refuses to work overall, or you struggle with some of the settings or applications.
Here’s how to reset your Apple TV:
- Open the Settings.
- Go to General.
- Scroll all the way down and press the “Reset” option.
- Select “Erase Everything”.
- Confirm with your PIN.
- Reset your Apple TV.
Notice: Resetting your Apple TV will require you to re-download the Funimation app once the reset is done.
If the Funimation platform is giving you trouble on your LG TV, check out these fixes to get the problem resolved:
You can clear the app cache on your LG TV to resolve the problem with the Funimation app.
Here’s how to clear the app cache:
- Go to Settings on your LG TV.
- Press System Settings.
- Select “Application Manager”.
- From the list of preloaded apps, select the Funimation platform.
- Finally, press the “Clear Cache” button.
Alert: Clearing the cache for your Funimation app means that you will have to relog to the application on your LG TV.
A feature that LG TVs are distinguished with is that they can reset only applications without deleting them.
This is a useful feature if you’ve run into troubles with one or more apps on your LG TV and this solution is most likely to resolve the problem.
To reset LG TV apps, follow these instructions:
- Go to Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Head to Application manager.
- Press the Menu icon in the upper right.
- Tap “Reset app preferences”.
- Choose “Reset Apps”.
- Wait for all apps on your LG TV to be reset.
Note: The process may take a while. Make sure not to shut down your LG TV or prevent it from finalizing the app reset.
Chances are that your LG TV is outdated and cannot support the Funimation app.
Here’s how to check for updates on your LG TV and apply the latest version:
- Open the Settings of your LG TV.
- Go to All Settings.
- Select General.
- Press on “About this TV”.
- Choose “Check for Updates”.
- Press “Download & Install” on any updates that are about to appear.
- After the update, power off your TV for 10 seconds and start it up afterward to install the update.
Notice: Make sure that your LG TV is connected to the WiFi in order to complete the update.
Read Next: How To Fix Pandora Not Working On Apple TV?
Hence, when the Fanimation app is not working on a TV, users need to update their device to the latest firmware version and cleanly install the application. The next step would be to perform a power cycle and reset their TVs if necessary.
Now that we know why the Funimation app not working on TV and how to solve the problem at home, the issue should no longer be present.
However in case the Fanimation app is still not working, perhaps there is ongoing maintenance that you would need to simply wait out.
- How to Use Sengled Bulb Without Hub? – Complete Guide - September 26, 2022
- How to Fix Crunchyroll Offline Viewing Not Working? - September 26, 2022
- Graco Swing Not Working When Plugged In? – Complete Fix Guide - September 26, 2022