If connecting Wyze bulb to Alexa is unknown to you, we got you covered!
Hooking up devices to Amazon Alexa works via skills.
After enabling the particular skill, you’ll be prompted to link your account to the platform to make the device discoverable by Alexa.
Let’s learn the easiest way to set up a Wyze bulb for your Amazon Alexa assistant!
Connecting a Wyze bulb to Alexa works by enabling the “Wyze” skill in the “Skills & Games” tab in the Amazon app. After that, go to “Discover Devices” and put your bulb in Pairing Mode. Finally, select the Wyze bulb’s connection in the prompt.
To learn more about the Wyze and Alexa compatibility, keep reading!
Amazon Alexa’s compatibility list is quite long, due to the participation of many brands.
How Amazon Alexa adds devices through Compatibility Skills. Each of the brands that are partners of Amazon would have their own skills within the Alexa app.
Once that skill is enabled, you’ll receive the opportunity to link your account to the given platform.
Long story short, Wyze is compatible with Alexa and has their skill added to the app!
Let’s learn how to get the Wyze skill enabled and hook up your bulb!
How to Connect Wyze Bulb to Alexa – Best Steps!
To understand how the setup is going to work exactly, follow our solutions carefully and pay attention to all notes, tips, and alerts.
Let’s learn more!
- To hook up the bulb, you must first have the Wyze app installed on your device!
Step #1 Get the Amazon Alexa App
Although most of you may already have the application installed, it is essential for achieving the connection.
For users who already have the app installed, you’ll be prompted to verify that it is running the latest software version.
Let’s review both processes now:
How to Get the Alexa app:
- Launch the App Store on your mobile device.
- Press the Search Field.
- Type down “Amazon Alexa”.
- Press “Search”.
- Download the First Result.
- Launch the app and sign in/register.
How to Update the Alexa app:
- Open the App Store on your phone.
- Head to “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Select the “Amazon Alexa” app.
- Choose “Update”.
- Wait for the update to finalize.
Note: Once you get the Alexa app updated or downloaded, Launch It on your device.
Step #2 Toggle the Wyze Skill
Your next task is to Enable the Wyze Skill for your account in the Amazon Alex app.
This is really easy to do and all you need is the Sign In Credentials for your profile in Wyze.
After acquiring these details, you’ll be able to link your Wyze account to Alexa.
Let’s learn how to toggle the Wyze skill:
- Launch the Alexa App on your mobile device.
- Press the “More” Tab.
- Choose “Skills & Games”.
- Scroll down and search for “Wyze”.
- Press the Wyze skill.
- Hit the “Enable to Use” button that will appear.
Once this is done, you’ll be redirected to a login screen. There you’ll have to insert your Wyze account’s login credentials that will enable the linking option for your account.
Note: Make sure that your mobile device is paired to the internet during this entire time.
Step #3 Sign In to your Wyze Account
Once the Wyze skill is enabled, you’ll have to sign in to your Wyze account to actually complete the linking.
This is the only way that your Amazon devices will be able to scan for the Wyze bulb and get it paired as a result.
Here’s how to log in to your Wyze account:
- Press on the “Username” Field in the next tab.
- Insert your Wyze Account Username.
- Select the “Password” Field.
- Fill in your Wyze password in the following field.
- Press the “Sign In” Button.
If you still haven’t created a Wyze account, you’ll have to register one and add the bulb.
Tip: Use the “I Forgot My Username/Password” to recover a Wyze Account.
Step #4 Put Wyze Bulb In Pairing
For older Wyze bulb models, it is required to make the Wyze bulb discoverable. Connecting Wyze bulb to Alexa on older models happens through Pairing Mode!
After that, pressing “Discover Devices” within the Amazon Alexa application will localize the bulb in your household and therefore pair it.
Enabling this mode on your Wyze bulb is not a complex task and everyone could do it, as long as the bulb is receiving power.
- To put the Wyze bulb in pairing mode, Power it ON/OFF 3 Consecutive Times
The bulb will Blink Twice as a result and will enter pairing mode. Then you’ll be able to discover the bulb through the Amazon Alexa app and connect.
Let’s learn how!
Tip: Power the bulb ON/OFF using the switch that controls the light socket!
Step #5 Discover the Wyze Bulb
Once the bulb is in pairing mode, you’ll have a limited time of 2-3 Minutes to discover it.
Adding the bulb to the Alexa app must be done while the bulb is in Pairing Mode, which you’ve triggered in the previous step.
Let’s get your bulb discovered now:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa App on your mobile device.
- Navigate to “Discover Devices”.
- Press the Blue Button to begin the discovery.
- Wait for your bulb to Appear in the Prompt.
- Select your Wyze Bulb from the list.
- Wait for the Alexa app to memorize the bulb and create its profile.
If the pairing was successful, you’ll get a “Device Linked!” message on your screen!
Note: Stand as close as possible to the bulb while discovering the bulb via the Amazon app.
Step #6 Finish the Pairing
Once the bulb is successfully discovered and added, there will be some leftover steps you will have to go through.
The Amazon Alexa app will guide you through some Setup Screens on which you could either press “Agree” or “Skip for Later”.
Those are not essential and you could really do them later if you don’t want to bother right now.
Once you’ve undergone all setup prompts, you’ll be sent back to the Home Screen.
Note: Once the Wyze bulb is paired successfully, it’ll be found under the “Devices” tab.
To learn how to appropriately manage your Wyze bulb on Alexa, keep reading!
How to Use Wyze Bulb With Alexa – All Commands
To appropriately control your Wyze bulb, there are several commands you should learn.
Although the voice commands that come with the bulb may be obvious, we will still review them just in case.
Let’s take a look at all of the commands that your Wyze bulb accepts:
- “Alexa, set (bulb name) to softer”
- “Alexa, set (bulb name) to a warmer color”
- “Alexa, make the (bulb name) whiter/warm white”
- “Alexa, set the (bulb name) to daylight”
- “Alexa, set the (bulb name) to nightlight”
- “Alexa, turn (bulb name) ON/OFF”
- “Alexa, set schedule for (bulb name)”
You could also use Color Temperature in Kelvin Value:
- Warm, Warm, White – 2200
- Incandescent, Soft, White – 2700
- White – 4000
- Daylight, Daylight, White – 5500
- Cool, Cool White – 7000
Feel free to test some of the voice commands now and discover even more possibilities.
Test your Wyze bulb functionality with Alexa and enjoy the great compatibility that the devices have.
We hope this guide was helpful and informational and good luck!
Tip: You can manage the colors of your bulb as you like, as long as it is supported.
Let’s recap everything that we’ve learned in this guide so far!
Thus, to connect a Wyze bulb to Alexa, download and set up the Alexa app. Next, enable the Wyze Skill for your Alexa and discover the bulb. To use a Wyze bulb on Alexa, pronounce voice commands that manage color, softness, and brightness.
We hope that Connecting Wyze bulb to Alexa is an easy task for you now!
After reviewing the complete guide on the case, you should be capable of getting the bulb connected to your Alexa assistant and managing all of its’ settings remotely.
If you experience any setup issues, double-check all settings and contact Amazon/Wyze for more help, based on your issue
You should visit our online blog to read more solutions for your technical inquiries!
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023