Wondering why are Bose QuietComfort earbuds not connecting? We got you covered!
We can understand how hard you’ve tried to connect your Bose earbuds to other devices but when the process keeps failing we typically search for help.
Well, you’ve found it so let’s proceed and unwrap and learn how to overcome this connection hurdle!
The Bose Quietcomfort earbuds do not connect when they are already paired to another device.
Sometimes the buds won’t connect due to other factors such as device bugs, low charging, and outdated firmware so we need to address quite a few different possibilities.
Let’s next answer the question “why” to acquire a better understanding!
Why are Bose Qc Earbuds Not Connecting?
The earbuds can easily connect to other devices by simply turning on Bluetooth.
Sometimes the connectivity issue might not be related to the Bose earbuds, so you’ll need to check the situation on both sides.
The most-important aspect is to disconnect both devices!
Fortunately, you won’t need any technical expertise to fix the issue. All you need is an understanding of its root causes.
This will help you efficiently troubleshoot the devices by following different workarounds,
so here’s what might be impacting the connection:
- Low Charging of Earbuds
- Outdated Earbud Firmware
- Device Bug (Earbuds or Other Device)
- Earbuds are on Standby Mode
- Earbuds Connected to another device
- Bluetooth Device is incompatible
- Malfunction / Defective Earbuds
Now that you know the causes, you can troubleshoot and fix the connection issue easily!
Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds Not Connecting – Easy Guide!
Our next step will be to discuss easy and effective ways that will help you fix the Bose Quietcomfort connection problem.
Solution #1 Connect Bose Earbuds Correctly!
Using the correct way described by earbuds manufacturers is, of course, very important.
If you don’t use the proper method or unintentionally miss any steps, the earbuds won’t connect to any devices. Therefore, the setup process is the first and most important step!
Important: Only compatible devices can be connected to the Bose Quietcomfort earbuds!
Here is how you can connect the Bose earbuds with other devices:
- Hold the earbuds or wear them in your ears.
- Press the Bluetooth button from the earbuds.
- When the blue light blinks you’ll hear a sound “ready to connect”.
- Turn on the Bluetooth connection on that device.
- Tap on the Bose connection to connect the earbuds.
- Once the pairing is complete, you will hear a “connected to device”.
- The light on the Bose Quiet Comfort becomes solid blue.
Note: If the earbuds won’t connect or ask you to enter the Pin Code, then enter 0000 or 1234, and then the earbuds will connect easily.
Solution #2 Reboot The Earbuds
You must first try restarting the earphones and attempting to connect them before continuing any further.
We’ll only need to discharge the buds completely and then follow the correct steps to connect them to the device we need to.
Here is how you can reboot the Bose Quietcomfort earbuds:
- Press the Power button from the earbuds to turn them off.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds, for the earbuds to discharge.
- After that, press the Power button again to turn on the earbuds.
- Make sure that the LED lights on the earbuds are glowing as well.
After restarting the Bose earbuds then try to connect them to another device and make sure that the Bluetooth connection is turned on on the receiver’s side.
In case the process keeps failing we would need to dig deeper so let’s continue reading further!
Solution #3 Charge The Bose Earbuds
Another one of the most common aspects that prevents the devices from connecting is their low battery or false charging.
Therefore, it is possible that a low charge is a reason why Bose QC earbuds not connecting so essentially we need to plug them into the outlet.
Bose Earbuds Battery Health!
Also, you can definitely check the battery life of your earphones from the Bose Music App if you’re unsure.
In addition, if you have set up a shortcut to hear the charge level, you may touch and hold the left earbud.
You may receive a prompt to put the earphones on the charging.
How To Charge The Bose Earbuds?
- Properly seat the left earbud on the left side of the charging case.
- Make sure that it properly connected the charging pins to the charging contacts.
- The left earbud status light will glow.
- Next, repeat the same process to seat the right earbud in the charging case.
- Then close the charging case fully so the earbuds can charge.
Tip: After about 15 minutes, test connecting your Bose earbuds to another device!
Solution #4 Disable Earbuds *Standby Mode*
If the Bose earbuds are not communicating with any device after charging and restarting, it’s possible that they are in Standby Mode.
No need to worry, standby mode is a built-in feature of Bose earbuds that will put the device into sleeping mode to preserve the battery charge.
- You simply need to wake up the earbuds to disable the Standby Mode!
Here is how you can disable the standby mode from Bose earbuds:
- First, insert the right earbud in your ear.
- Then, insert the left earbud in your left ear.
- Start using the Bose Music app to wake up the earbuds.
When the earphones awaken, you can quickly pair them with any device by just turning on the Bluetooth connection on the other device.
In case the earbuds won’t connect to any device, then keep going on and try all the next methods from the guide.
Solution #5 Restart The Connection Device
Aside from restarting or rebooting the Bose earbuds, it is also quite important to restart the corresponding connection device.
Since it is unclear whether the earbuds have a bug or the connected device, such as mobile, tablet, PC, etc…
- Simply turn OFF and ON the receiver device!
When the receiver device has been rebooted, test connecting your Bose earbuds!
Try a Different Device!
In case you’re concerned that the problem might be with the receiver device it’s best to acquire another Bluetooth device and try pairing the Bose earbuds.
You can connect the earbuds to a tablet, smartphone, laptop, and even computer with integrated Bluetooth functionality.
In case your Bose Quietcomfort does connect to any device, keep reading!
Solution #6 Update Bose Earbuds Firmware
As with other device software updates, upgrading the Bose earbuds’ firmware is crucial.
Bose makes firmware upgrades that address impending issues from old firmware updates, hence improving the functionality of its product.
In case you’ve missed quite a few updates you might find yourself in a situation full of frustrating issues.
Let’s update your Bose Quietcomfort earbuds before undertaking anything else:
- Connect the earbuds to a computer by using a USB cable.
- Visit the Bose Support web page.
- Install the Bose Updater Tool on your computer.
- Then follow the updater on-screen instruction for a manual update.
After updating the earbud’s firmware, all the bugs and glitches should no longer be there, hence you should be able to connect.
Don’t forget that the correct steps for connecting Bose earbuds is in the first solution of this guide so without hesitation scroll up and test connecting now!
Solution #7 Factory Reset The Earbuds
The final and most impactful solution is to Factory Reset the Bose earbuds!
This method will disconnect your earbuds from all devices, forget their connection and erase all settings towards this device in the Bose Music App.
In case you need to recall any of the settings later, we strongly suggest snapping images on your smartphone with all menus!
Here is how you can factory reset the Bose earbuds:
- Connect the earbuds charging case to power via a USB cable.
- Then insert the earbuds into the charging case.
- Close the charging case cover to start the reset process.
- Wait for 5 seconds.
- Next, open the charging case cover and press the Bluetooth button.
- Hold for about 30 seconds, and then release the button.
- The lights will glow, which will show that the reset is done!
Now that your earbuds are reset, you can start fresh and take things one step further also refresh the Bluetooth settings on your receiver device!
How To Clear Mobile Bluetooth History?
- Navigate to your mobile settings.
- Open the Bluetooth.
- Look for Bose Quietcomfort earbuds.
- Tap on it to Forget, Unpair, or Delete the device.
Whenever the Bose Quietcomfort earbuds not connecting, start with a power circulation, disable Standby Mode and fully charge the earbuds.
In case that doesn’t help update the firmware or Factory Reset the Bose Quietcomfort earbuds.
Keep following us for more Bose troubleshooting guides!
- How to Fix Insignia TV With No Picture? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023
- Maytag Washer Not Starting? – Quick Fix Guide - March 27, 2023
- How To Get 4K On YouTube TV? – Complete Guide - March 27, 2023