The Pura light not working can be troublesome to deal with.
Even if you have placed fragrance cartridges and correctly set up your device, it can still not have an ambient light glow.
This issue is primarily due to the wrong configuration or device setup.
To fix your Pura diffuser light not working, check your power source and inspect your device’s LED lights. Next, update your Pura software and check the light settings.
Now that you have a rough idea of the fixes we will attempt, let’s first try to see the common causes:
Why Does My Pura Light Not Work?
Whenever your Pura light is not working at all, it could be because the light brightness is set too dimly to see.
In other cases, it could also be due to a software issue preventing the LED from working.
Here is a list of the most typical causes for Pura light not working:
- Hardware Malfunction
- Power Issues
- Software Errors
- Settings Misconfiguration
- Low Cartridge Oil Level
Now that you are the common culprits behind Pura light issues let’s try out some steps to address them one by one!
How To Fix the Pura Light Not Working?
Tip: The ambient mode option can be set to trigger only under certain light conditions.
1. Check the Power Source
To fix the Pura night light not working, you must first ensure that your device is getting sufficient power.
Issues with the power prongs of your diffuser can also prevent the device from functioning correctly.
Here are some general ways to check your Pura power for issues:
- Disconnect your Pura diffuser from the power source.
- Check your diffuser prongs for any signs of damage or wear.
- Ensure your power outlet is in working condition by testing another device.
- If any device you plug into your power outlet does not work, then the outlet itself is faulty.
- Try plugging your Pura diffuser directly into a wall outlet if you use a power strip.
- Ensure your circuit breaker is not preventing your Pura diffuser from working.
Note: An overloaded power strip with too many appliances can cause issues for your diffuser.
2. Inspect the LED Light
If there is physical damage to the LED light that occurred during shipping, for example, it won’t light up as it’s supposed to.
To ensure your Pura diffuser light system is in order, you need to visually inspect it for signs of damage.
Here is how to inspect your Pura diffuser LED lights for issues:
- Unplug the Pura diffuser from the power outlet.
- Carefully open the diffuser panel and locate the LED lights.
- Inspect the LED light for any signs of visible damage.
- Ensure there are no signs of electrical damage, such as discolorations on the Pura body.
- Reassemble your Pura diffuser and test if the lights work now.
- If the LED is damaged, consider sending it for repair or replacement.
Note: Ensure your room has low ambient light, as the LED night light might turn off.
3. Check Night Light Settings
Depending on your Pura app software version, you might be able to manually adjust when the ambient lights come on.
Further settings can allow you to change the light color and intensity.
If your device is in otherwise working order, your lights aren’t showing, likely due to wrong settings.
Here is how to check your Pura night light settings:
- Open the Pura app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign in if you are not already logged in to your account.
- Select your Pura device from the main dashboard and tap on the diffuser whose night light settings you wish to change.
- Access the light setting by looking for a section or icon related to light; it might appear as a light bulb icon.
- Review or adjust the night light intensity settings. If you see that the feature is toggled off, enable it via the app interface.
- Save any changes and check if your Pura light is now glowing as intended.
Note: You can change the color to a stronger shade to ensure it's more visible in bright rooms.
4. Clean the Diffuser
If dust or debris obstructs your Pura diffuser sensors, they might get a false reading and give you light issues.
To ensure this is not the case, you need to disassemble your Pura device and clean any dirty surfaces from oil or other buildup:
Here are the steps on how to clean your Pura diffuser:
- Power down your Pura diffuser.
- Carefully remove the cartridge panel cover from your diffuser and remove all fragrance pods.
- Clean any residual oil by using a cloth and mild detergent.
- Wipe away any debris or dust that might be blocking the sensors or lights.
- Let your Pura diffuser completely dry down and reassemble it.
- Afterward, ensure your Pura is paired through the app and check the lights.
Note: If your fragrance cartridges are empty, your Pura might glow in a red light instead.
5. Update your Pura Software
As your Pura light depends on input from the app and sensors, having outdated software can cause light issues.
Outdated software might hinder the device’s functionality and cause other potential issues.
To ensure this isn’t the case, always keep your apps updated. Here’s how you can update the Pura app to ensure the lights work properly:
For Android Devices:
- Tap the Play Store icon to open it.
- Click on the menu icon at the top left corner.
- Choose “My apps & games” from the options.
- Go to the “Update” section and look for the Pura app.
- Select the Pura app and hit the “Update” option.
- Once updated, open the Pura app and sign in again.
If you use an Apple iOS Devices, follow these steps instead:
- Open the App Store by clicking on its symbol.
- Click on your account icon situated at the top-right.
- Scroll to identify apps awaiting updates.
- Locate the Pura app and press the “Update” option adjacent to its name.
- After the update is completed, reopen the Pura app and sign in.
Remember, upon updating, you might need to reconnect your Pura diffuser with the app. Once done, verify if the Pura ambient light issue has been fixed.
Note: Ensure that your Pura diffuser device is connected to the same WiFi network as your smartphone or tablet where the app is.
6. Reset Device to Factory Settings
Sometimes, with normal use, electronic devices can receive internal errors. These errors can cause your device to malfunction or interfere with the ambient light settings.
To clear many of the issues, it’s best to perform a hard reset for your Pura.
Here is how to factory reset your Pura diffuser:
- Locate the reset button of your Pura diffuser, which is usually visible when the panel is removed.
- Press the button and hold it for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button once you see your Pura diffuser breathe in blue.
- After resetting your Pura to its factory configuration, you must manually add it again through the Pura app.
Tip: Any data stored or settings stored on your Pura diffuser will be removed following a factory reset.
7. Add and Remove your Pura Through the App
Whenever the Pura diffuser light is not working, you can try clearing any internal software error by removing the device from your app and then manually adding it again.
This process acts as a type of reset and can potentially fix issues with the light not working.
Here are the steps to remove and re-add your Pura diffuser from the app:
- Open your Pura app on the device where it is installed.
- Ensure your device is connected to a stable WiFi network alongside your Pura diffuser.
- Navigate to the “Devices” panel on the app.
- Select your Pura diffuser from the list of devices.
- Locate the unlink or remove button and tap it, then confirm your choice.
- Restart the diffuser by unplugging it from the wall outlet for at least 15 seconds.
- Plug your Pura diffuser back in, and re-add it through the Pura app.
After these steps, follow the on-screen instructions to reconfigure your Pura diffuser.
While setting it up again, pay attention to enable the night light if asked.
Note: Your Pura diffuser might malfunction if it isn't plugged upright into your power outlet.
Thus to fix the Pura light not working, first, check that there are no hardware issues with its power source or the LED lights.
Next, update your Pura app and check the ambient light settings.
If the issue of no working light still persists, contact Pura support for further guidance.
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024