A Pura diffuser not working can be frustrating to handle.
Depending on your issue, your Pura might have trouble powering on, or perhaps it won’t diffuse correctly.
Whatever device problem you experience, don’t worry; we will guide you through it!
To fix your Pura diffuser not working, start by checking the power supply for issues or damage. Next, clean your diffuser and ensure sufficient fragrance levels and oil quality.
Now that you know which fixes we will be attempting, let’s try to understand the underlying cause of this issue.
Why Is My Pura Diffuser Not Working?
Some issues that cause your Pura diffuser to not work can be attributed to incorrect device setup or configuration.
On rare occasions, your device might malfunction due to a hardware or internal software issue.
Here is an overview of the most frequent causes for Pura diffuser not working:
- Issues Receiving Power
- Improper Cleaning
- Incorrect Water Levels
- Fan Malfunctioning
- Essential Oil Quality
- Faulty Ultrasonic Plate
Now that we have broken down the potential problem-causing areas, we can try to solve them one by one.
Ensure you follow each step in the given order for the best results.
How to Fix Pura Diffuser Not Working
Tip: Pura diffusers currently don't support 5GHz WiFi networks.
1. Check the Power Source
If your Pura diffuser stopped working, and it’s not powering on at all, it’s likely due to a faulty power supply or electrical outlet.
Furthermore, if your power strip is overloaded by other devices, your Pura might not be receiving the required voltage.
Here are some general steps to check your Pura Diffuser power supply:
- Ensure the Pura diffuser is plugged in securely.
- Check if the adapter is loose; it might be making poor contact, causing issues.
- Test the outlet with another of your devices to ensure it’s functional.
- Examine the prongs that plug into the wall socket for any signs of damage.
- If you suspect damage to the diffuser power prongs, consider sending it for repair or replacing it.
- Switch the diffuser to a different outlet in case the issue is with the current one.
If, after these steps, your diffuser is still not working correctly, then the issue might be with its configuration.
Note: Always use the factory standard power adapter for your Pura diffuser.
2. Clean the Diffuser Sensors
The Pura diffuser has a smart feature that includes sensors to detect if a fragrance vial is not inserted or when it’s empty.
Even if your cartridges are plugged in, a dirty internal area can prevent your sensors from working as intended. To prevent this, you must clean the whole unit thoroughly.
Here are the steps to ensure your Pura diffuser sensors are clean:
- Unplug your Pura diffuser from the power socket.
- Remove any remaining oil and water and remove any cartridges.
- Wipe the inside with a soft cloth or cotton swab.
- Use a mixture of water and mild detergent for stubborn residue.
- Don’t overuse liquids for cleaning; just slightly wet your cleaning cloth to prevent damaging your electronics.
- Dry the Pura diffuser thoroughly before using it.
After these steps, refill your device, place any fragrance cartridge, and check if the issues still persist.
Note: Regular cleaning ensures diffuser efficiency and longevity.
3. Ensure Proper Fragrance Cartridge Levels
Pura diffusers have built-in sensors to detect whether a cartridge is inserted and also read its content levels.
Your device won’t work if cartridges are depleted or correctly inserted.
You should always only use official certified Pura diffuser fragrances for your device.
Here are the steps to ensure your Cartridge levels are sufficient:
- Disconnect your Pura from the power source.
- Remove your fragrance cartridge and visually inspect the transparent part underneath.
- If the oil level is not visible, it means your cartridge is depleted and needs to be replaced.
- If your cartridge is not see-through, gently shake the cartridge and try to feel if any remaining contents are moving inside.
- If you notice that your scent is getting very weak, it’s likely your cartridge will run out soon.
When introducing new cartridges, pay attention to ensure they click or snap in place and are fully seated into your Pura diffuser.
Note: Pura diffusers don’t mix aromas with water like typical diffusers, so never refill your cartridges with water.
4. Check the Pura App Status
Pura diffusers come with a feature that lets you control their functionality remotely through an app installed on your smartphone or tablet.
The Pura app could contain vital information regarding why your device isn’t functioning.
Here is how to check your Pura app for any issues with your diffuser:
- Ensure that your device, where the app is installed, is connected to a stable network.
- Open the Pura app from your device panel and navigate to the “Devices” section.
- Check the fragrance level indicator.
- Your Pura app should display an estimate of the remaining level of each of the two cartridges.
- Look for status warnings, such as “Diffuser Offline,” indicating your diffuser is not connected to a WiFi network.
Note: Ensure your device operating system is updated to prevent compatibility issues with the app.
5. Update Your Pura App
Since the Pura diffuser is controlled via the proprietary app, if your application software is not up to date, this might cause your diffuser to malfunction.
To prevent this from happening, it’s essential to ensure that you are running the latest software update available.
Here are the steps to update your Pura app:
- For Android devices, open the Google Play Store by tapping its icon.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner to access the Menu.
- From the dropdown menu, select “My apps & games”.
- Navigate to the “Update” tab and search for the Pura app.
- Select the Pura app from the list and tap on “Update” next to its name.
- Wait for the update to install and log in to the Pura app.
For Apple iOS devices, follow these steps instead:
- Open your App Store by tapping on its icon.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to see a list of apps with pending updates.
- Find the Pura app from the list and tap the “Update” button next to it.
- Let the update download and log in to your Pura account again.
After installing the latest app version, you might be required to pair your Pura diffuser to your app again. Do so and check if the issue with your Pura is now resolved.
Note: Never attempt to refill Pura cartridges manually, as this can cause compatibility issues.
6. Power Cycle the Diffuser
Power cycling is a process that helps clear any residual static charges that accumulate on your Pura device.
This residual electricity can interfere with your device’s operation and even cause it to malfunction.
To prevent this from happening, you need to power cycle your Pura diffuser.
Here are the steps to power cycle your Pura diffuser:
- Turn off your Pura diffuser and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Let it sit for at least 5 minutes on a flat surface.
- Plug it back in to turn your diffuser back on.
- Check if it operates correctly.
If the Pura diffuser issue persists after these steps, you can reference the user manual for specific reset procedures.
Note: Resetting can solve temporary electronic glitches.
7. Verify Room Temperature
If your Pura diffuser is placed in an environment that is too extreme, your diffuser might power down to prevent overheating or hardware damage.
Never place your diffusers outside in the open, as they do not have the required IP rating for such conditions.
Here are the steps to ensure your room temperature is set right:
- Use an air thermometer to check the room temperature.
- Diffusers work best in a room temperature between 60-75°F.
- If it is too cold, warm the room slightly, and vice versa.
- Ensure the diffuser isn’t placed near vents or heaters, as they can cause the cartridges to malfunction or deplete rapidly.
- Test the device in the recommended temperature range.
Note: If your room is overly humid, this can interfere with the fragrance dispersal of your Pura.
The Pura diffuser not working can be due to incorrect device or room configurations.
Ensure you are running the latest software updates for the Pura and check if your cartridges are not depleted.
If these prove ineffective, it’s best to contact Pura support for further help.
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024