Whenever Hisense TV audio not working, the problem primarily occurs due to misconfigured audio settings or software conflict with a third-party device.
In this guide, we will help you understand the problem and provide you with top-tier troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue!
If your Hisense TV’s audio isn’t working, first determine if the device’s volume is lowered or if you’ve accidentally muted the TV.
If this is not the case, perform a hard reset on the TV, update the software to the latest version, and unplug all third-party devices to test.
There are much more factors so continue reading!
Why is Only Audio Not Working On Hisense TV?
When both video and audio are not working, there isn’t much to discuss.
Well, when only the audio is not working, things may get weird because of the complexity of the problem.
So in order to decipher the audio problem standalone, we need a clear display of all possibilities involved:
- The Hisense TV is simply muted or the volume is low.
- There’s an issue with the default audio device playback.
- A potential power-related problem with the Hisense TV.
- Software conflict from a third-party audio/video device.
- The outdated firmware version of the Hisense TV device.
- A malfunction with the Hisense TV’s in-built speakers.
Hisense TV Audio Not Working – 7 Easy Solutions!
1. Check the Mute/Volume Status!
It is possible that you’ve accidentally muted the Hisense TV or lowered the volume to 0%, resulting in the total audio loss.
There’s both a volume controller button and a mute button on the Hisense TV remote control, allowing you to check the volume status of the device.
- Press the “Volume Up” button 10 times on the Hisense TV remote control.
- Press the “Mute” button once, wait for a while, and press the button again!
Note: If the TV is muted, the “Mute” icon will have a cross on it, if you’ve unmuted the TV, the mute icon will be in white color.
2. Hard Reset the Hisense Television
Perhaps, there’s a temporal issue with the in-built speakers of the Hisense TV or any of the externally-connected audio devices.
To reset the volume of the TV, you should conduct a hard reset, which is a type of power reset that does not erase any content from the TV’ software.
Follow these instructions to perform a hard reset on the Hisense TV:
- Use the power button on the TV remote control.
- Once the TV turns off, unplug the power cable.
- Hold the power button on the TV for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power adapter of the TV to an outlet.
- Using the remote, turn on the Hisense TV and test.
Note: While the TV is disconnected, perform a physical inspection of all cables in the setup!
3. Reseat the Video Cable
If you’re viewing an external device through HDMI, Coax, or an Optical audio cable, the sound problem may be related to the cable connection.
To determine if the Hisense TV’s audio loss is related to a fault with the physical wiring, you should reseat the video cable.
Unplug the HDMI, coax, or another video cable from the back of the Hisense TV and wait for 30 seconds.
Once half a minute has passed, reconnect the video cable to the back of the TV and check if the audio of the device will return back to normal.
Note: Verify the visual appearance of all involved cable connectors and TV ports!
4. Switch to Another Broadcast
It is possible that the sound of your Hisense TV is working properly, but the stream or broadcast you’ve turned on has a muffled volume.
To determine whether the audio of your TV is really not working, you should turn on a trustworthy streaming platform or footage with proper audio.
For example, you could test through any online streaming platform, such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, HBO, Disney, or whatever you have installed on the Hisense TV.
Be sure to test the audio on several different video broadcasts to verify that the audio problem is down to your TV.
Tip: If the broadcast has an installed audio controller, increase the volume from there also!
5. Deactivate the TV “HDMI Control”
There’s an audio setting on your Hisense TV that could prevent the TV from outputting audio correctly.
The “HDMI Control” on Hisense TV (also known as “HDMI-CEC”) allows the TV to be controlled with other HDMI-compliant devices and their remotes as long as they are connected.
Sometimes, connections from other devices interfere with the audio or video output on your Hisense TV.
Follow these instructions to deactivate the HDMI Control on your Hisense TV:
- Press the “Home” button on the Hisense TV remote control.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab and then choose “Inputs”.
- Highlight the “HDMI Control” setting and press “OK”.
Note: Keep the HDMI control feature disabled until the end of the guide!
6. Disconnect All External Devices
The volume problem on the Hisense TV could be caused by an issue with third-party audio or video devices.
To test the raw audio output of your Hisense TV, it is necessary to disconnect all external devices and switch the TV back to the in-built speakers.
- Unplug all connected devices to your TV (leave only the power cable).
In other words, disconnect all consoles, TV boxes, streaming sticks, or any other device that sends or receives video/audio from the TV. Your TV must only be connected to the wall outlet.
How to Change Audio Output On Hisense TV?
- Navigate to the Settings of the Hisense television.
- Enter the “Sound” tab and go to “Audio Output”.
- Press the device slider and pick the “Default” option.
Note: The menus and settings may vary per Hisense TV models so if you have any difficulties locating the correct options, consult with the user’s manual.
7. Reset Hisense TV Audio & Settings!
Chances are that the problem at this point is either hardware-related, thus, there’s a malfunction with the TV, or you’ve misconfigured the audio settings entirely.
To address these possibilities at once in this method we’re going through two types of reset – audio reset and factory reset.
So, before erasing all TV settings with the factory reset, we recommend first resting the audio!
How to Reset Audio Settings On Hisense TV?
- Navigate to the Settings on the Hisense TV.
- Next, access the “Device Preferences” tab.
- Press on “Sound”, then “Reset to Default”.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions.
How to Factory Reset Any Hisense TV?
- Navigate to the Settings of the Hisense TV.
- Find “Device Preferences” and press “OK”.
- Scroll down on the page and find the “Reset”.
- Press “OK” and then choose “Reset” again.
- Press the “Erase Everything” option and wait.
Note: The Hisense Roku TV will display “Resetting” and soon shut down to complete the reset.
How to Fix When Hisense Roku TV Audio Not Working?
Troubleshooting audio problems on a standard Hisense TV and the Hisense Roku TV model is similar.
However, note that the audio settings on your Hisense Roku TV are a bit different and you may have to follow different instructions to alter/change particular software settings.
Note: Attempt all of the solutions above on your Hisense Roku TV before proceeding!
- Rewind the Roku TV Playback
There’s a special feature installed in the Roku software that allows the user to rewind and fast-forward their favorite shows if they are recorded.
To quickly address any issues with the volume, press the ‘Rewind’ button on the Roku remote, which has proven many times to be effective.
- Update Hisense Roku’s Firmware
It is possible that this type of audio malfunction is related to the firmware of your Hisense Roku TV device.
To update the firmware, press the ‘Stand by’ button on the remote until you use the “Software Updating” message on the screen.
After that, wait for roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Reset Roku Hisense TV Audio!
Like on a standard Hisense TV, you could reset the audio settings of your Hisense device with the Roku software.
Simply go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset > Reset TV Audio/Picture settings. Next, press the Play/Pause button 3 times.
Hence, whenever the Hisense TV audio is not working, you should power cycle the TV first and revert to the default audio output, the in-built speakers.
If the issue persists, unplug all externally-connected devices and reset the audio settings of the Hisense television!
Follow us for more!
Read Next: Hisense TV Keeps Going Back To Home Screen?
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023