Wondering why the Frigidaire Affinity dryer not heating? Continue reading to know!
Frigidaire Affinity Dryer is renowned for its working effectiveness. However, sometimes the trouble comes when it loses its heating power due to an unknown cause.
If your Frigidaire dryer is not heating, then follow the guide completely to get this problem fixed.
There are a variety of reasons why the Frigidaire Affinity dryer won’t heat up, including a Blown Thermal Fuse, an Overloaded Dryer, a Blocked Dryer Vent, or Damaged Coils. The solution takes some time since it’s a long process but it’s worth it!
Let’s learn how you can fix the not heating issue from your Frigidaire affinity dryer!
Frigidaire Affinity Dryer Is Not Heating – 1 Minute Fix!
If your Frigidaire Affinity dryer won’t heat up, one of the dryer’s parts may be faulty and prevent the device from heating up.
Therefore, you must thoroughly check your dryer to identify the issue. It’s only important to make sure you follow and use the methods as described.
Solution#1 Overcome Dryer Load
There is a high possibility that your dryer is completely overloaded, which is why it may not be heating.
The Frigidaire Affinity Dryer needs a place for the air to circulate, but when the machine is full, it is now impossible. Just reducing the dryer load is needed.
To see if it produces heat, restart your dryer and try filling it with some damp clothes.
If it not heats, then there may be a dryer component failure that causes this issue. Go straight to the following solutions to learn what to do next!
Tip: Test whether the dryer will heat up, with less clothing!
Solution #2 Clean Dryer Vent
Sometimes the problems are caused by clogged dryer vents, which don’t provide enough heat to evaporate moisture from fabrics.
Maybe your dryer vent is blocked, which is why it cannot supply the necessary heat.
To open up the airway, you just need to unclog your dryer vent.
Here is how you can unclog the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer Bent:
- Unplug the dryer from the Power Outlet.
- Open the Dryer Door.
- Pull off the Lint Filter from the dryer.
- Clean the filter by using the provided brush.
- Then, wash the filter with warm soapy water.
- Let the filter dry completely.
- Place the filter back in its place.
For optimum effectiveness, aside from dryer lint, also clean the dryer vent at least twice a year.
In case you don’t know how to clean them, pull the dryer out and eject it from outside.
Then pull out all the lint from the dryer and also seal the air duct if you notice any breakage.
Note: Avoid turning ON the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer before ALL components are dry!
Solution #3 Check The Gas Igniter!
The igniter actually helps the burner assembly to produce heat.
There may be a chance that your dryer igniter is burned, and that’s why the Frigidaire Affinity dryer not heating and shutting off.
But before replacing it, it’s important that you test the igniter to check its continuity.
Here is how you can check the dryer gas igniter:
- Unplug the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer and turn OFF the Gas Supply.
- Insert a knife under the dryer’s main top to release the springs.
- Support the main top carefully.
- Disconnect the Door Switches and harness wire.
- Then remove the Front Panel Screws.
- Pull off the panel to remove it from the dryer.
- Take a wrench and open the Gas Valve Nut.
- Now disconnect the wires from the Flame Sensors.
- Then, unscrew the Burner Tube Assembly.
- Disconnect the igniter wires and pull the assembly outward.
- Remove the clip to access the igniter.
- Take a multimeter and connect one probe to one igniter terminal.
- Connect the second probe to the other igniter terminal.
If the meter shows a reading between 50 and 400 ohms, then the igniter has continuity.
But if there is no change in reading, then there is no continuity.
Now purchase a new compatible igniter and reassemble all dryer parts and wires the same way you have opened them.
Note: Take help from a professional if you are unable to do this!
Solution #4 Replace Thermal Fuse!
The Thermal Fuse prevents your dryer from overheating and heat damage. Because of the dryer’s high heat temperature, however, it occasionally blows out.
If your dryer isn’t heating, there’s a possibility that the thermal fuse in it has blown.
To check if the fuse has blown or not, you must now do the continuity test the same way we did with the igniter.
We’ve created a step-by-step guide at your disposal for the operation!
Here is the way to check your dryer Thermal Fuse in easy steps:
- Turn back the dryer so you can access the dryer back.
- Use a Philip Screwdriver and unscrew the dryer top panel out.
- Slide back the dryer top cover and remove it.
- Use a screwdriver and remove the dryer bottom screws and then remove the block.
- Cut the zip tie off the wire harness and then disconnect the two wire plugs.
- Disconnect the Locking Tab and then pull out the control panel.
- Then remove the white and black wires from the socket using a flat-blade screwdriver.
- Remove the front panel by unscrewing its two screws.
- Next, remove all screws from the bulkhead and remove them from the dryer.
- Push the pulley assembly to the left and remove the black Drive Pulley Belt.
- Hold down the drum and remove it from the dryer.
- Use a flat-blade screwdriver and disconnect the Thermal Fuse of both wires.
- Unscrew the fuse by using a Philip Screwdriver.
Take a multimeter and connect the end of its probe to the fuse end and test if there is no reading on the meter, then replace the fuse.
Find a suitable Thermal Fuse for the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer at the bottom of the post so you can’t go wrong!
Solution #5 Inspect Heating Coils!
The dryer heating element is the main thing that actually is responsible for heating the dryer.
Heating coils in this element provide heat during the dry cycle.
There may be a possibility that your dryer heating coils are damaged and that’s why the Frigidaire dryer doesn’t heat up.
Alert: Before replacing coils, you must first perform another continuity test!
Here is how you can check your dryer heating coils:
- Unplug the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer from Power & Gas Supply.
- Disassemble your dryer by following the above method.
- Disconnect the wires from the high-limit thermostats and from the dryer heating element.
- Now check the Heating Element Coils for any breakage.
- Connect coil ends to Meter Ohmmeter Probes.
- If there is no continuity, then they surely need to be replaced.
Note: In case the heating coils appear to be intact, continue with the next solution!
Solution #6 Replace Thermistor!
The Thermistor controls the electrical flow to the heating element.
But when the dryer’s air temperature increases, the dryer control board cannot supply power to the heating element.
This way, the thermistor sensors lose their efficiency and won’t be able to work anymore.
Solution: All you need to do is to replace the faulty Thermistor!
Here is how you can replace the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer Thermistor:
- Disassemble your Frigidaire Affinity Drier using Solution #4.
- Remove the two connected wires from the thermistor after removing the bulkhead.
- Then unscrew the thermistors with two screws to access it.
- Run a Continuity Test on the thermistor. (Optional)
- Place the new thermistor and tighten it with screws.
- Connect its wires, and assemble your dryer components.
In case the problem is now gone then congratulations! However, if the issue is persistent, then you would need professional assistance from here on.
Contact Frigidaire Customer Service for more assistance in regard to your dryer’s functionality.
Tip: always share with technicians what you've already tried to avoid wasting time!
Whenever the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer is not heating, you first need to make sure that you have not overloaded the dryer with clothes. Also, clean the vent filter and replace the dryer heating element, igniter, fuse, or thermistor sensor to solve the problem at once!
In this guide, we have covered why the Frigidaire Affinity dryer not heating.
The only way to resolve this issue is to make sure that all components of the dryer that are responsible for its heating are running smoothly.
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more check our blog!
Looking for Frigidaire Affinity Dryer Components?
Feel free to determine and explore Frigidaire Affinity Drier Components to purchase only what you need.
With a bit of luck, you’ll be able to perform the replacement on your own, especially if you follow the steps from the methods above.
- YouTube TV NBC Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Fire TV? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Homekit Remote Access Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - February 2, 2023