If your Fire TV cube shows offline, we have the solution right here!
The key to resolving your cube’s offline problem is understanding what causes it first.
This will enable you to elevate your experience and get a general idea of what’s going to help your cube become online again.
Let’s review the best ways to bring your cube online!
To fix when a Fire TV cube is showing offline, Hard Reset the device and have all cables inspected. Next up, reconnect the cube to the Alex app and update the platform. Ultimately, attempt both the Software and the Hardware Factory Reset.
Users have given helpful feedback regarding this problem, so let’s jump in!
Why Is My Fire TV Offline – Fire Cube Offline Explained
It is essential for the Fire TV cube to have a reliable internet connection in order to enable the broadcast of your favorite shows.
Enlightening you about this problem and what it is caused by is also essential since this will help you understand the circumstances.
Here’s why your Fire TV cube is showing offline:
- A Problem with the Network Device in your setup
- A Software Glitch with the Fire Cube
- An Issue with the Alexa App
- Power Problems with the Fire TV cube
These are the primary reasons why your Fire TV Cube is showing offline, and luckily we’ve managed to discover a working solution.
There are quite a few more aspects involved behind the aforementioned causes, so it’s best if you follow the upcoming solution guide!
How to Fix When Fire TV Cube Shows Offline?
Learning what causes the problem is not enough, since we’ll have to eliminate the following causes somehow.
That’s why we’ve designed a step-by-step guide that will assist you in resolving the Fire TV Cube offline problem.
Follow the guide in chronological order!
Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Hard Reset the Cube
A simple, yet greatly effective solution to all software and hardware issues with your cube is the Hard Reset Process.
What the hard reset does is have all of the electricity flowing within your cube discharged, which by itself brings the software of the device to a refresh.
It’s recommended by Amazon themselves and most of the users have the same problem.
How to Hard Reset an Amazon Fire Cube:
- Unplug the Power Adapter of the Amazon cube.
- Wait for 5 minutes, while the adapter is disconnected.
- Reconnect the cable to the electrical socket.
If you’re hesitant that your cube may have power issues, keep reading!
Quick Ways to Solve Fire Cube Power Issues:
- Plug the cube into Another Electrical Outlet
- Reconnect the HDMI Cable of the Fire TV cube
- Replace the Power Adapter of the cube
Note: You should pay attention to any visual damage on the cables’ body!
Solution #2 Re-establish Connection in the Alexa App
Perhaps, your Fire TV Cube has lost connection to the Alexa App!
There’s a simple way to re-establish the cube’s connection to the Alexa app and make it receive the internet again.
To do this, you’ll have to access the Alexa platform, remove the cube’s profile and then add it again using the setup process for all Amazon devices.
Alert: Removing your cube from the Alexa app will erase ALL settings!
Let’s learn how to reconnect the cube to the Amazon Alexa app:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa App on your mobile.
- Navigate to “Devices”.
- Locate the Fire TV Cube.
- Press “Remove this Device”.
- Navigate back to the home screen of the Alexa app.
- Press “Setup Device”.
- Select the type of device (Amazon Fire TV Cube).
- Follow the instructions to complete the pairing.
During the setup, make sure that you’re selecting the Correct WiFi Network that your cube must connect with.
In addition, double-check the connection password and verify it.
Note: Once the cube is successfully reconnected, it will reappear in the “Devices” tab.
Solution #3 Update the Alexa App
Having your Amazon Alexa application running Outdated Software is a big mistake!
The latest update scripts and bug fixes are essential for the connectivity support that your Fire TV cube must receive.
What’s common about older app versions is that they become unstable and could cause a bunch of issues with the connected Amazon devices.
To update the Alexa app, follow these instructions:
- Launch the App Store on your mobile device.
- Navigate to “Applications” in the sections tab below.
- Press “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Choose the Alexa app after finding it.
- Press the “Update” button to initiate the process.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
Canceling the update or shutting down your device while it’s being held may cause Corrupted Data.
This could impact the Alexa app’s functionality further and prevent your Fire TV cube from becoming online again.
Wait out the full update process before doing anything.
Note: Once the Alexa app completes its update, you’ll be notified of the newest version.
Solution #4 Reboot your Router
Perhaps, there’s an issue with your Network Router rather than the Fire TV cube!
What you should do in such a situation is have the network go offline and then come back online.
This is done by performing a Reboot on your router, which consists of discharging the device’s electrical charge and having both the hardware and software refreshed.
How to reboot a Network Device or Router:
- Press the Power Button on your router.
- Hold it down for 5-7 seconds.
- Wait for the router to shut down.
- Unplug the Power Cable of the router.
- Stand by for 5 minutes while the router is discharging.
- Reinstall the adapter into an Electrical Socket.
- Boot up your router or wait for it to start.
To identify whether your network is online, look at the labeled “Connection” status on your router. If the lamp is green, then the network is online, if orange, then it is offline,
Alert: If your router’s lamp shows orange, contact your ISP for further assistance.
Solution #5 Reinstall the Alexa App
The next step is to perform a Clean Reinstallation of the Alexa app for a fresh setup!
This will help clear up the glitches the application is experiencing and also ensure that the platform is running the latest version.
Instead of bothering to clear the app cache manually, reinstallation is your best shot at resolving this problem currently.
Alert: Uninstalling the Alexa app will uninstall all profiles and disconnect all devices!
How to reinstall the Alexa app:
- On your mobile, go to Settings.
- Press “Software” or “Storage”.
- Choose “Applications”.
- In the next tab, select the Search Field.
- Type down “Amazon Alexa”.
- Press Search.
- Once results appear, Uninstall the Alexa app.
- Download the app from your device’s app store.
By reinstalling the Alexa app, you’ll verify that the platform is running its latest version.
This is essential for most of the functions the application has and for supporting your Fire Cube.
Note: If prompted during launch, allow “Automatic Updates” for the Amazon Alexa App.
Solution #6 Reset Cube’s Settings
If nothing worked so far, then our best suggestion is to perform a Software Reset.
The method, also called a Factory Reset, will have the initial settings and configuration of your cube to be applied.
This process is helpful whenever your cube is having unidentified software problems and in most cases, starting from scratch helps!
The Factory Reset could be done in two ways:
Software Factory Reset:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Go to “My Fire TV”.
- Press “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- Confirm and wait.
Hardware Factory Reset:
Press and hold the Volume Down and Mute Buttons simultaneously for 40 seconds.
Let go of the buttons only when your cube blinks in blue light.
Note: Letting go of the buttons on your cube before the blue light, will fail the reset.
Let’s next summarize all of the solutions we’ve reviewed so far!
Hence, to fix when your Fire TV cube is offline, Hard Reset the device and update the Alexa App. Next, reconnect the cube of the Amazon App and reboot your router. If nothing helped, attempt both a Hardware and a Software reset on the Fire Cube.
After learning why Fire TV cube shows offline and how to fix it, the execution part is up to you.
You could always count on Amazon to lend you a hand with this problem, simply by contacting their support.
They will provide you with first-hand troubleshooting tips!
We hope that this guide truly helped and for more relevant content, check our blog!
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023