Wondering why the Bush TV wireless display not working? We’ve got you covered here!
Bush TV is a reliable and affordable option for users who like many smart features, one of which is the wireless display.
However, Bush TVs often have trouble displaying the wireless content from your phone, so if you are struggling with the same issue, we will help you fix it in minutes.
The wireless display feature on the Bush TV is not working due to a bug with the network connection, system error, or signal interference. The solution involves rebooting the setup, correcting the time and date settings, and resetting the TV.
Before we begin troubleshooting, let’s unwrap the wireless display feature!
What is a Wireless Display on Bush TV?
The wireless display, also called “screen mirroring,” is a feature of the Bush TV that allows a wireless transfer of photos, videos, apps, and web content from your mobile/computer.
The connection device must use a specific technology to connect with the Bush TV, such as Google Cast or MiraCast for wireless connection.
However, it is essential to note that certain factors must be considered for wireless display; otherwise, it can lead to various problems.
So, without any further delay, let’s quickly start troubleshooting!
How to Fix When Bush TV Wireless Display Not Working?
1. Power Cycle Bush TV & Device!
Sometimes, temporary bugs and glitches in smart devices can prevent them from connecting.
So, the quickest method you should first try is to restart your Bush TV and the source device of the mirroring because doing so will immediately clear any bugs in the current connection.
Here are the steps to restart the Bush TV and source device:
How to Power Cycle Bush TV?
- First, unplug the Bush TV from the power outlet.
- Then, remove the power cord from the socket.
- Locate the power button on the back of your TV.
- Push and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Then, leave the TV unplugged for 3 minutes.
- Plug your Bush TV back into the power outlet.
How to Power Cycle Source?
- Mobile Phone: Press and hold the Power button and then choose “Restart.”
- PC or Laptop: Go to the Start Menu, press the Power icon, and select “Restart.”
When you finish the above steps, try to wireless display on your Bush TV to see if it is working and displaying your device’s content.
In case the issue is still there, continue reading further!
2. Inspect the Date & Time Settings!
You might not consider this factor, but incorrect date and time settings on any of your devices can prevent the Bush TV from wirelessly connecting.
In such cases, you must check and ensure that your devices are set to the correct date and time zone to prevent networking-related issues.
Here is how to set your Bush TV time and date settings:
- On your Bush TV, open the Settings.
- Find and enter Date & Time settings.
- Press on the Automatic Date & Time.
- Then, select the OFF option to stop it.
- Next, press on the “Set Date” button.
- Then, set the correct date on your TV.
- Next, press on the “Set Time” option.
- Finally, set the correct time on the TV.
The next step is to check your source device’s date and time settings.
To check, go to your device settings and enter the “Date and Time settings”. Then, check and adjust the time and date on your device accordingly.
Tip: Verify that the year is correct!
3. Check the Network on Both Units
Remember that you can only wireless display from your phone to Bush TV when your devices are connected to the same stable WiFi network.
If you have already connected your devices to the same WiFi but are still unable to wireless display, your WiFi is experiencing interruptions.
Solution: Power cycle your WiFi router to refresh and stabilise the network on all devices!
How to Power Cycle the WiFi Router?
- First, disconnect your WiFi router from the outlet.
- Then, unplug the Ethernet cable from the Bush TV.
- Inspect the length of the cable for visible damage.
- Ensure to leave the router unplugged for 5 minutes.
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable back to both sides.
- Finally, plug your WiFi router back into the outlet.
Once you finish, check the WiFi name on both devices and try restarting your Bush TV and the phone (source device).
If the issue persists, test your internet connection on a secondary unit to determine whether the problem is with your WiFi connection or the Bush TV mirroring feature.
Tip: Disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi on your phone and Bush TV to reset the connection!
4. Resolve the Wireless Interference!
If there are any wireless devices between your Bush TV and your source, perhaps the feature of your television has been impacted by signal interference or a weak Wi-Fi signal.
So, attempt moving your source device and TV closer to one another to see whether this will fix the issue!
- Install the Bush TV, source, and WiFi router within 15 to 20 feet of range!
When reducing the distance between your devices, you will help improve communication and minimise the chances of physical or signal interference.
This will enhance the connectivity and ensure a smoother screen mirroring experience with fewer interruptions.
Tip: Turn OFF any nearby Bluetooth or RF signal transmitters!
5. Update the Devices Software Version
There is a chance that either your Bush TV or your source device (phone, laptop, or PC) is not updated, which is why the Bush wireless display not working.
In those cases, you will be facing compatibility issues, which can only be solved by updating the devices to the most recent OS.
How to Install a Software Update on Bush TV?
- Push the Menu button on the TV remote.
- Then, scroll to the menu and press OK.
- Scroll to Software Update and press OK.
- Then, select the “Scan for Update” option.
- Wait for the Bush TV to scan for updates.
- Check results when the scan is completed:
- If an update is found, then install them to upgrade your TV.
- If no upgrades are found, your Bush TV is already updated.
How to Install a Software Update on the Source?
- Open the Settings menu on your device.
- Then, scroll and tap on the About option.
- Next, select the System Updates option.
- Press on the “Scan for updates” button.
- Check the results when the scan is done:
- If an update is available, install them on your device.
- If no update is available, the device is already updated.
Tip: We also recommend updating your router to prevent wireless issues!
6. Test the Display on a Different Unit
If you have tried all other steps, but the wireless display on your Bush TV is still not working, try using a different phone or TV.
This is a simple but effective workaround to quickly identify any potential issues on your source device’s side.
Remember that testing on a different device doesn’t directly resolve your problem. Instead, it is a temporary workaround to check and ensure that your Bush TV feature is working well.
If the wireless display is not working even from a different source unit, the issue is with the Bush TV.
Info: You can cast on a Bush TV from a phone, tablet, or computer!
7. Reset the Initial Bush TV Settings!
If your Bush TV is still not displaying wirelessly even after trying every troubleshooting method in this guide, don’t worry; it’s time for a factory reset.
This solution will undoubtedly fix your problem and permanently erase everything from your Bush TV.
Here’s how to factory reset your Bush TV in easy steps:
- Press the “Menu” button on the Bush TV remote.
- Scroll right and enter the “Install and Retune.”
- Locate “First-time installation” and press OK.
- Choose the “Yes” option to confirm the reset.
- Press the OK button to initiate the reset process.
If the wireless display problem on your Bush TV persists even after the reset, you need to seek professional guidance. To get help, contact Bush Support by emailing them the details and a screenshot of the problem. Best of luck!
Hence, when the Bush TV wireless display not working, power cycle the setup and verify the internet connection on the Bush TV and source device. Furthermore, correct the time and date options on all involved units and perform a factory restoration on your Bush TV.
Follow us for more troubleshooting guides on Bush TV!
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023