Braeburn thermostat not blowing cold air is a problem that most often originates from the thermostat itself.
If the HVAC system is in roadworthiness, it is possible that misconfiguring the cooling settings on the thermostat is preventing the ACs from starting up, so let’s learn more!
When a Braeburn thermostat isn’t cooling, start by checking the AC filters and verifying there are no coolant leaks.
Next, reset the Braeburn thermostat device and if the issue persists, inspect the condenser unit and examine the AC compressor for potential faults.
Let’s dig deeper into this problem!
Why Is My Braeburn Thermostat Not Cooling?
The Braeburn thermostat’s cooling activates when the device is set at least at 3 degrees lower than the current room temperature.
If there was a problem with the thermostat’s ability to detect room temperatures, this could cause the device to stop blowing cold air indefinitely.
Let’s learn all of the possible causes for the cooling problem with Braeburn:
- Incorrect thermostat cooling settings
- A battery/power thermostat issue
- A fault with the connected ACs
- Temporal fault of the HVAC system
- Clogged HVAC system A/C air filters
- Bad HVAC system compressor unit
“Heating” Vs “Cooling” on Braeburn Thermostat?
Unlike the heating feature of the Braeburn thermostat, cooling requires more equipment and preparations before use.
Users generally undergo a preparation of their HVAC system before the summer, if they want to use the “cooling” feature of their thermostats effectively.
To use “Cooling” on the Braeburn thermostat, you need refrigerant, a good compressor, clean air filters, and functional wired AC devices. Those are the necessary requirements!
With that being said, let’s jump straight into the solution guide!
Braeburn Thermostat Not Blowing Cold Air – 1 Minute Fix!
Note: Apply our steps and instructions in chronological order to fix the issue faster!
1. Adjust the Thermostat Settings
We will start with inspecting the vital cooling settings of the Braeburn thermostat to make sure there is no fault in the schedules and the activation of the ACs.
If the issue is on the thermostat’s end, it will most likely be diagnosed in the settings configuration of the device.
- Double-check if the thermostat is set to “Cool” mode from the home menu!
How to Activate “Cooling” on Braeburn Thermostat?
Press the keypad button until the temperature setpoint is 3 degrees lower than the current temperature in the room.
The cooling should start in the next couple of moments so be patient.
Note: If the thermostat does not activate cooling, set the temperature to 4 - 8 degrees lower!
2. Power Cycle the Thermostat
To resolve any functionality issues with the Braeburn thermostat, we recommend the power cycle process.
It’s an advanced type of reboot for the thermostat, that refreshes all of the scheduled heating/cooling settings as well as discharges the electricity in the hardware.
Follow these instructions to power cycle a Braeburn thermostat easily:
- Grab a hold of the Braeburn thermostat unit on the wall.
- Pull the device towards you to detach it from its base.
- Take out the batteries from the compartment on the back.
- Wait for 30 seconds while the batteries are out of the device.
- Gently install the batteries back and close the front cover.
- When you mount back the thermostat, test the cold air.
Note: If you haven’t replaced the batteries in a long time, do so as soon as possible!
3. Clean the Condenser Coils
The condenser coils are one of the first things to check when there’s a problem with the cooling of the thermostat.
They, like any other component in the HVAC system, could become clogged with debris and the aftermath reflects on the blowing cold air thermostat capability.
- The coils must only be cleaned while the HVAC system’s power is stopped!
Follow these instructions to clean the condenser coils of the Braeburn thermostat:
- Turn off the power to the outdoor HVAC unit.
- Locate the condenser coils on the back.
- Check if the coils are clogged and with what.
- Acquire proper cleaning materials to clean the coils.
Alert: Do not re-enable power to the unit before the coils have fully dried up!
4. Factory Reset the Thermostat
A factory reset of the Braeburn thermostat might help with the cooling mode issues you’re experiencing.
If it’s a temporal fault we’re looking at, this type of reset should resolve the problem immediately and resume the cooling feature of the Braeburn thermostat device!
- Resetting the thermostat will erase all settings and schedules!
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on the Braeburn thermostat easily:
- Find the “RESET” button inside a small pinhole on the side panel.
- Using a paperclip, reach into the pinhole and press the button.
- Keep holding the button for 5-10 seconds, then you can release it.
- Wait for the Braeburn thermostat to complete the factory reset.
Info: Follow the instructions displayed by the thermostat once the reset has been finalized.
5. Replace Thermostat Air Filters!
If the AC filters are clogged, this will result in restricted airflow, making it difficult for the thermostat to activate the cooling settings.
The air filter must be replaced regularly to preserve the functionality of the ACs and keep the HVAC system free of dust and debris.
Pro Tip: If you do not have replacement air filters, clean them with some soap and water!
How to Replace AC Air Filters?
Access the internal part of the AC device and take out the current air filter. Insert a replacement filter and embed the unit correctly.
Then close the compartment of the AC and test the cold air.
Note: For detailed instructions on how to take out the AC’s filter, refer to the user manual.
6. Reconnect the Faulty ACs
Perhaps, there’s a simple connectivity problem between the Braeburn thermostat and the ACs wired up with the HVAC system.
To solve the cooling issue of the Braeburn thermostat, you should temporarily disconnect the faulty ACs from the power supply.
- Unplug all AC units connected to the HVAC system and wait for 60 seconds!
Tip: Reset the AC:
Some AC devices can be reset as they come with an in-built reset button. If the AC does have a reset button, you’re able to revert the device back to factory defaults. This typically helps a lot.
- Try to locate a round “Reset” button on the back of the HVAC system’s AC!
The button must be held for 10-15 seconds, which should cause the device to go into “reset” mode.
But be informed that resetting the AC will erase all remembered cooling/heating modes.
7. Check the Refrigerant Level
The cooling capabilities of the ACs connected to the HVAC system could be impacted if the system is running low on the refrigerant level.
This is a liquid used by all ACs to produce cold air and if this substance runs out, the AC will stop cooling, as well as your Braeburn thermostat.
Can You Check the Refrigerant by Yourself?
Checking the level of the refrigerant requires specific tools and qualified technician knowledge so doing it all by yourself may end up too difficult.
It’s best to reach out to Braeburn and they will send out a technician to take a look at everything in the HVAC system.
Can you Replace Refrigerant by Yourself?
Yes, but it is not recommended.
This is a job that should be handled by qualified technicians as it requires particular knowledge of how the HVAC system works.
Inexperienced users shall not attempt to replace the refrigerant by themselves as this could result in further complications of the HVAC system’s equipment.
How to Contact Braeburn?
If you’re still having issues with the Braeburn thermostat, consider giving them a call at (866) 268-8892 anytime during their working hours.
With a bit of luck, they would identify the issue, perhaps send a technician over, and help you overcome this hurdle. Good luck!
Thus, to fix when the Braeburn thermostat not blowing cold air, reset the thermostat and replace the air filters if they are clogged.
Next, reconnect the ACs that refuse to connect with the thermostat and check the refrigerant level of the HVAC system.
If you have any more technical questions, follow our blog!
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023