Wondering why Bose Soundbar 900 not connecting to TV? Keep reading to find out!
Soundbars are playing a very important role in setting up the home theater setup by connecting it to the TV.
However, users have problems when the Bose Soundbar refuses to connect to the TV.
No need to worry, if you are experiencing the same issue, just keep reading!
There are many factors that prevent the Soundbar 900 from connecting to the TV, including multiple soundbar devices, a bad HDMI cable, and a faulty HDMI port. Moreover, the incorrect speaker settings might be selected or the firmware is outdated.
The solution takes only a minute so let’s jump right in!
How To Fix When Bose Soundbar 900 Not Connecting To TV?
We will now discuss the legitimate troubleshooting methods that will assist you in resolving your soundbar connectivity issue.
However, be sure that you follow all the methods and steps stated in the guide properly before continuing.
Make sure your Soundbar is appropriately connected to your TV by following the setup and configuration instructions given by your product.
Additionally, confirm that both devices are correctly connected to the cable since they are set up incorrectly.
After configuring the devices correctly but still not connecting, move on to methods!
Solution #1 Reset The HDMI Connection!
Smart devices sometimes require restarting in order to reset them because they occasionally acquire network bugs that affect device-to-device communication.
All you have to do is reset your TV, soundbar, and HDMI cable connection.
By doing this, the devices will clear their memory and fix any system bug that would prevent them from connecting to one another.
Here is how to reset the HDMI connection of both devices:
- Power OFF your Bose system, soundbar, and TV.
- Then Unplug the Bose system, soundbar, and TV from the power outlet.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from Soundbar and TV.
- Stretch the wire to unfold it and make sure there is no fault in the cable.
- Reconnect the HDMI cable to both the soundbar and TV HDMI port.
- Plug in the Bose system, soundbar, and TV into the power outlet.
- Next, first, turn on the TV and source device.
- Then, turn on the Bose system.
Check whether the soundbar connects to the TV after powering up the device!
Solution #2 Use The Correct HDMI Port
For proper Bose Soundbar configuration with the TV, the HDMI cable must be connected to the appropriate soundbar port.
The soundbar includes two HDMI connections, one is for connecting to a TV and the other is for connecting to other resources like a cable box.
It’s possible that you accidentally plugged the HDMI cable end into a soundbar port that isn’t designed to allow TV connections, which is why the two devices aren’t connecting.
Simply place the cable into the proper port.
Here is how to locate the correct HDMI port for the TV connection in the soundbar:
- Turn OFF your Bose Soundbar.
- Access the ports section on the soundbar.
- Locate the HDMI-eARC label on any port.
- Connect the HDMI cable to that port.
- Turn on your soundbar once you have done it.
It’s also important to make sure to choose the correct input on the soundbar to properly hear the sound of your TV.
Not selecting the correct source will not accomplish the desired setup.
Note: Move on to the next method if the devices are still not connecting!
Solution #3 Check For Multiple Bose Systems
If you have many Bose devices at home, and they are all turned on and registered under the same account, then issues might occur.
Multiple devices on the same network are actually the root of the connectivity problem because they confuse how the devices can communicate.
Solution: Verify the Bose system's devices and choose the appropriate soundbar device!
Here is how to check the devices on Bose system:
- Open the Bose Music app on your mobile.
- Tap on the My Bose icon from the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, check all the activated Bose devices that are currently working.
- Tap on your soundbar device to whom you want to connect with the TV to control it.
Tip: When you’re ready, restart both devices and test whether the soundbar connects to the TV!
Solution#4 Check TV Speaker Settings
Probably every smart TV has the ability to internally turn the speaker audio on and off.
A chance exists that the soundbar and your TV are already connected, but you cannot hear any sound, leading you to believe that the connections have not been made.
All you have to do is turn up the TV or soundbar's volume!
Here is how to check your TV speaker settings:
- First, use the TV remote and tap on the Mute icon to check whether the TV isn’t muted.
- Next, also try to increase the volume using the remote.
- If still, you won’t hear any sound, then try to check the speaker settings of your TV.
Display & Sound > Audio Output > Speakers > TV Speakers!
- Sound > Speakers > TV Speakers
- Settings > Sound / AV Setup > TV Speakers.
- Once you get access to TV audio settings, then make sure the audio is turned on.
- Save the settings and exit from the menu.
- Then, play something on TV to test whether any sound comes from the soundbar.
Note: Your TV remote might have failed batteries, which is why the volume won't increase!
Solution #5 Enable Advanced CEC On Soundbar
The CEC feature of a soundbar cannot be supported by all HDMI TV models, which may be the cause of the soundbar’s failure to connect to a TV.
Perhaps Bose soundbar 900 connect to TV issue comes from this, so make sure to disable the soundbar’s HDMI-CEC function in the app.
Here is how to enable the advanced CEC feature on the soundbar:
- Open the Bose Music mobile app.
- Tap on the Settings / My Bose icon from the top right corner.
- Scroll down and look for the Advanced CEC under the Power section.
- Tap on the Advanced CEC option from the menu.
- Select Option 4 from the available options.
- Then tap on the back arrow to return from the menu and then exit from the settings.
Restart the soundbar and TV after setting up the soundbar settings to Advanced CEC!
Solution #6 Update Devices Firmware
Most often, outdated device firmware is the cause of connection problems!
The manufacturers usually try to offer an update to fix any expected bugs with the product and you may easily fix the connectivity issue by upgrading the firmware on your Bose soundbar and TV.
Update TV Firmware:
- Turn on your TV and navigate to its Settings menu.
- Look for the Support option from the menu.
- Then tap on the Software Update button.
- If the latest update is available, then tap on the Update Now button.
- Otherwise, TV is already up to date.
Update Soundbar Firmware Via USB:
- Unplug the Soundbar from the power outlet.
- Next, download the latest firmware file from the internet by visiting Bose website.
- Then move the file from your computer to the connected USB drive and take it out.
- Then, insert that USB into the SERVICE port of the soundbar.
- Plug the soundbar into an outlet and you will see a blinking amber light on the device indicating the device is updating.
- Wait until the blinking light stops.
- Once the light stops, remove the USB from the soundbar.
Once the update is done on both devices, then turn off both from power for about 60 seconds and turn them back on!
Solution #7 Factory Reset The Devices
If the devices still won’t connect after doing all the methods mentioned above, now factory resetting the TV and soundbar can solve the connectivity issue promptly.
However, if you do a reset, all of your TVs and Soundbar previously stored settings will be lost, and you will need to set them up from scratch.
Here is how to factory reset the TV and Bose Soundbar:
Factory Reset TV:
TV Settings > Device Preferences > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Confirm the reset.
Factory Reset Bose Soundbar:
- Open the Bose Music app and delete your Soundbar device from the app.
- On the remote press and hold the Power and Skip Forward buttons for 5 seconds.
- The soundbar automatically reboots and once it resets the settings, you’ll see a solid amber light on the device.
Note: The factory reset might take up to 5 minutes so be patient!
Solution #8 Switch to Optical Cable Connection
There is a possibility that the HDMI cable you have connected to both devices has gone bad, which is why they are not receiving signals.
Therefore, switching to an optical cable connection is preferable to buying a new HDMI cable.
We strongly recommend getting the CableDirect – TOSLINK Optical Cable, to use for your setup and never experience issues again.
In case you still haven’t got the cable you’re missing out!
Whenever Bose Soundbar 900 not connecting to TV, you first need to reset the HDMI connection between both devices and connect the cable in the eARC port. Furthermore, switch to the Advanced-CEC settings of the soundbar and make sure both devices have updated firmware versions.
We hope you have benefited from our guide, so be sure to follow us for more!
- YouTube TV NBC Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Fire TV? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Homekit Remote Access Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - February 2, 2023