Wondering why is ADT Doorbell not ringing inside house? We got you covered!
ADT Doorbells are well-known for their exceptional security and monitoring features.
However, occasionally it falters because of a technical issue and fails to ring the doorbell inside the house.
If the ADT Doorbell is not ringing inside, follow the guide till the end to get it solved…
There are many factors that prevent the ADT Doorbell from ringing inside the house, including Power Surges, Dead Doorbell Batteries, Software Bugs, and Bad Network connections. The solution requires a thorough inspection and a few minutes!
Let’s learn how you can fix your not ringing issue from the ADT doorbell easily:
Why Does ADT Doorbell Not Ringing Inside?
There are quite a lot of different possibilities as to why the ADT doorbell will be unable to ring inside the house.
Before jumping into the solution let’s take a brief look at what could have gone wrong so we can have a better experience when troubleshooting later.
Here is everything that can impact the ringing of the ADT Doorbell:
- Temporal OS/Power-related Issue
- Low or Dead ADT Doorbell Battery
- The Doorbell is disconnected from the WiFi
- The Internet Connection is Slow
- The Doorbell Lost Connection to App
These are the reasons why the ADT Doorbell is not ringing inside and to learn how to solve the problem you’re going to need a solution guide.
Luckily we’ve got one just below!
ADT Doorbell Not Ringing Inside House – Fixed
If the ADT Doorbell is not ringing inside the house, then you have to thoroughly inspect what is causing the issue, so it can be fixed.
So, make sure to follow the guide completely and don’t skip any steps from the solutions below.
Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Power Cycle Doorbell
Power outages are the most frequent reason why the ADT Doorbell stops ringing inside!
Since the doorbell cannot get sufficient power, it stops working and start causing different issues with the ringing.
All you have to get out of this problem is to Power Cycle the doorbell.
Note: Make sure that the doorbell power outlet is working fine!
Here is how you can power cycle your doorbell:
- Unplug the ADT Doorbell first.
- Then, unplug the Pulse Gateway.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Plug in the gateway first.
- Wait for another 2 minutes.
- Then, plug in the ADT Doorbell.
Solution #2 Recharge Doorbell Battery
The ADT Doorbell commonly malfunctions due to Low Batteries!
Since the battery is the only power source for the device, some of its functionality is restricted as the battery gets closer to being dead.
If your doorbell isn’t ringing inside your house, it’s possible that the batteries are low.
Recharging your doorbell batteries is all that you have to do.
Here is how you can recharge the ADT doorbell:
- Press the Mounting Tab from the doorbell bottom to eject the Battery Cover.
- Connect the doorbell to the USB charging port via a USB Cord Cable.
- Wait for 6-8 hours until it is fully charged.
- As the doorbell batteries are charged, reconnect them from the port.
- Cover the doorbell batteries by placing their covers.
- Test whether now the doorbell rings inside the house.
If the ADT Doorbell still doesn’t function after charging the batteries, it’s possible that the batteries are dead and need to be replaced.
All you have to do is open the ADT Control App and see whether there is a “zone trouble” or “sensor trouble” alert notification.
Note: Find a replacement battery for the ADT Doorbell at the bottom of the guide!
Solution #3 Reconnect Doorbell To WiFi
The next solution is to simply reconnect our ADT Doorbell to the WiFi network of our home since the entire fuss could be based on this.
It’s simple so follow the steps below:
- Open the ADT Control App.
- Tap on the three lines (Settings).
- Go to Devices > Devices Health.
- Tap on Change WiFi Network.
- Select the 2.4Ghz WiFi of your router.
- Insert the Password to connect.
When you’re ready, test whether the ADT Doorbell will start ringing inside when it has been triggered.
In case the problem is still there and the ADT Doorbell won’t ring, keep reading!
Solution #4 Check Internet Connection!
The ADT Doorbell needs a network connection to keep you updated via notification or chime ring whenever a doorbell is triggered.
There may be a chance that your device is not connected to a network and that’s why the ADT doorbell doesn’t ring inside the house…
Solution: You have to optimize and boost your internet connectivity!
Here are some quick tips that can help you out in maintaining a good network on doorbells:
- Reboot the WiFi router by unplugging it and waiting for 10 seconds!
- Reconnect your doorbell to WiFi the way you have previously connected.
- Make sure your network subscription is active and has good strength.
- Ensure to connect the doorbell to 2.4GHz WiFi network bandwidth.
- Use an online speed test to check your WiFi speed.
Note: Anything below 3 Mbps is considered slow for any smart device!
Solution #5 Reinstall ADT App
Now that we’re confident that our internet is not the culprit of this problem, it’s time to reinstall the ADT Control app and re-set up the doorbell.
This will help by removing any corrupted data and clearing the application cache. Hopefully, the ADT Doorbell will start ringing inside!
Here’s how to remove and then reinstall the ADT Control app:
- On your device, go to Settings.
- From there go to Apps/Storage.
- On iOS go to General > iPhone Storage.
- Select the ADT Control Application.
- Tap on Uninstall or Remove App.
- Go into Google Play or App Store.
- Find and download the ADT Control App.
- Sign into your account.
- Re-link the ADT Doorbell to the mobile app.
When you’re ready, test whether the ADT Doorbell will start ringing inside, and in case the problem is persistent, we’ll need something else.
Jump to the next solution!
Solution #6 Reset Doorbell Chime
In case you have already tried all the above solutions, but still, the ADT Doorbell is not ringing inside, then the only solution that can help now is to Reset your Doorbell.
By resetting your doorbell setup and settings will be removed, but hopefully, this method will help!
Here is how you can reset the ADT doorbell chime:
- Plug in the ADT Doorbell into the power.
- Go to the ADT touchpad and click on the Menu tab from the top right corner.
- Enter your Master Code of the doorbell.
- Tap on Settings and navigate to the Doorbell Chime.
- Turn on the Chime Toggle, reset will start.
Once the reset will complete, set up your doorbell and test whether now it is ringing inside the house.
In case the problem continues, perhaps you’ll need a little professional help!
Your final step will be to get in touch with ADT Customer Support.
Tell them about the doorbell issue you’re having and the troubleshooting methods you’ve already taken.
They can thus help you even more by replacing or repairing your doorbell.
Whenever the ADT Doorbell stops ringing inside your home, you should first Power Cycle the device and charge the battery to full. Additionally, confirm that your doorbell has a stable network connection and perform a Reset if nothing else helps!
In this guide, we have covered why the ADT Doorbell not ringing inside house.
All you have to get rid of this trouble is to make sure the doorbell network and functional battery.
Follow the complete guide above in case you’re still experiencing the issue. Good luck!
Need a ADT Doorbell Battery?
In case your doorbell battery is worn out and you’re looking for a replacement, we strongly recommend the DSC IMPASSA 9057 Battery for ADT Doorbell.
With a simple replacement, you no longer need to worry about your doorbell not ringing inside!
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023
- How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Menu Button Easily? - September 10, 2023